Trim for Turkey Day starts today! Join if you want!

Options

Replies

• thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I would like to join but how do I determine a reasonable goal weight for Thanksgiving?
    Kristen, Well shall I assume that is you name? Everyone as you can see has picked very differnt goals all for the same amount of time. It all depends on your body and how much you think you will or can lose. It also depends on how much you want to push yourself to reach that goal. It is 13 weeks till Turkey day. I picked 25 lbs which is 1.9 lbs per week. That is a little high but my weight loss is usually between 1 and 2 lbs so I think I can even out. I also have weeks like this week and have lost almost 4 lbs. So if this is your first goal I would not go over 2 lbs per week maybe pick something closer to 1 lb per week.
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    How is everyone doing on the water challenge on this Friday morning? I am half way there. I must share I am super excited cause I really got back on this bandwagon on Monday with counting calories and watching what I was eating. I have lost 4 lbs this week so far. Gosh I knew I was eating unhealthy again but I figured since I was still working out it didn't matter. Well I guess I am proff you should really do both eat healthy and work out. I have a question for you all. DO you want me to start a new thread every week so next week would be Trim for Turkey day week 1! Or do you all perfer to stay on one thread? Also I am so glad to see so many new faces. There are 22 people that wanted to join our group. A few have not checked in since last week but that is still a lot of people.
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    I'm so glad to see you back, Christine!!! We missed you! I wanted to bookmark this thread-and I'm joining up, too!!! My kids started school; it's the first time BOTH have been in full-time, so I have no reason to fail at losing the rest of my weight! I'd like to drop a total of 30 pounds by Thanksgiving... Counting calories again plus all the workouts I've been doing should get me there no problem!
    You set the stakes pretty high. I am sure you can do it though. SO why are both kids in full time care? I thought you had a little one? Next week my oldest goes back to school. There is a daycare in teh gym so three days a week I do weight and cardio training the other two days when there is no daycare I usually run the track or something. Are you still doing p90x? My hubby wants it. I just think it is a lot of money.
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm a day late but I'd like to get in on this too! According to the math I should be getting 82 oz of water. That's what I'll work on today. :drinker: I so need a challenge to kick myself in the butt! I go a few days strong and then lose it! I do WW typically but I've been using this site for all of my tracking lately. Here's the plan...

CW: 205.2
    GW: 140
    TGW: 190
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    intresting fact......I was born on thanksgiving and every 7 yrs my bday lands on thanksgiving :laugh:
  • aallen440
    Options
    I am a day late but would love to join. I am pretty new to MFP but need to be accountable and need to set some type of goal. Plus this is perfect because I have a hard time drinking water, so this will help! I need to drink 73oz. I maybe get in 8oz a day, so wish me luck!

I am not sure on the goal though....

8/28- 182lbs
    11/26 - 169lbs

236998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • katemadrigal
    Options
    A day late in adding my weekly info, but here it is:

Today's weight: 159
    Goal Weight: 142

Doing well with water and exercise so far ;)
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join trim for Turkey day! Even though I'm late:blushing:

My current weight is 190
    My TD goal weight is 180

My water intake is supposed to be 72oz:drinker:
    I think I'm more around 60oz a day. I'll really try and bump it up.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Christine-I am still doing P90X, but I also added some Couch 2 5K, volleyball, and classes at the gym... Mainly to add more cardio to my workouts. As for your husband ordering P90X-I'm not sure if I would order it when I had free access at the gym on post. It's worth the money to me, because I can do my workouts at home, but it really does depend on your situation.

Both my kids started school this year... So I don't have to worry about child care during the day. I opted for 30 by Thanksgiving because it gives me a big goal to shoot for. I think I can do it-I just needed some extra motivation to really get my calorie intake where it's supposed to be!!!

I'm 1/3 of the way on my water!
  • MissResa
    Options
    I almost forgot... I DO think we should keep the thread the same... Finding the new thread every week was kind of a pain when we did this before!!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join although I am a day late also.

My starting weight was 180 lbs on Jan 1st, did great for awhile then gain some back, started again two weeks ago.

Current weight is 162 lbs.
    Goal weight is 135 and then I will re-assess.
    Goal weight by Turkey day is 142 pounds, with weight loss set at 1.5 pounds per week.

I drink a ton of water, I am a water horse, I easily drink at least 128 oz per day so I am good in that department. Like to walk and jog for exercise, also ride a really old exercise bike that also moves your arms that I hate.
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    intresting fact......I was born on thanksgiving and every 7 yrs my bday lands on thanksgiving :laugh:
    What day is your birthday? Mine is the 22nd. So mine falls on Thanksgiving every 7 years also. I was not born on Turkey day though that is kinda cool.
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    I would also like to join although I am a day late also.

My starting weight was 180 lbs on Jan 1st, did great for awhile then gain some back, started again two weeks ago.

Current weight is 162 lbs.
    Goal weight is 135 and then I will re-assess.
    Goal weight by Turkey day is 142 pounds, with weight loss set at 1.5 pounds per week.

I drink a ton of water, I am a water horse, I easily drink at least 128 oz per day so I am good in that department. Like to walk and jog for exercise, also ride a really old exercise bike that also moves your arms that I hate.
    OMG 128 oz of water I would be in the bath room all day long. I feel like I am there all the time now and I only average 60 oz.
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    Welcome Welcome Welcome Everyone! I am do glad to see all these new faces.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    At first I was in the bathroom alot but now it is all good! :smile:
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    yup lol i want to lose 60 but i have been told 30 so we will see. i really am not going by scale i am going by i want to look and feel good (flat stomache toned body and all) especially since the scale says i weigh almost back to my original weight and the clothing that i havent been able to fit in is fitting and a bit loose so im all confused by the scale. (also may go to doc see if somethings wrong cause my dad whos a doc sees me working out 5 days a week and what i eat and says something isnt right.) ive been able to get back to my hour walk since the fractured toes so im happy happy happy and feeling productive again im not weighing in for a week or two just so i get back into things and it was my bday sun and while i didnt cheat i need a week but i will b here all week long
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    yup lol i want to lose 60 but i have been told 30 so we will see. i really am not going by scale i am going by i want to look and feel good (flat stomache toned body and all) especially since the scale says i weigh almost back to my original weight and the clothing that i havent been able to fit in is fitting and a bit loose so im all confused by the scale. (also may go to doc see if somethings wrong cause my dad whos a doc sees me working out 5 days a week and what i eat and says something isnt right.) ive been able to get back to my hour walk since the fractured toes so im happy happy happy and feeling productive again im not weighing in for a week or two just so i get back into things and it was my bday sun and while i didnt cheat i need a week but i will b here all week long
    I think it is a good idea to see a doc. I am glad that you are seeing a change in clothes though. I think that is more important.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot... I DO think we should keep the thread the same... Finding the new thread every week was kind of a pain when we did this before!!!

I would like to suggest that you change it once a month. If there are a lot of postings, it begins to get unmanageable after about 30 days. This system works well with the two other threads that I regularly post on here.

I already have a goal of being down 70 lbs by the end of 2009, so adding an intermediate one at Thanksgiving couldn't hurt.

8/28/9 CW: 212.5
    Thanksgiving Goal: 187 lbs/ (down 57 lbs.)
    Ultimate Goal 125 by 4th of July 2010/ (down 125 lbs.)
  • MissResa
    Options
    Once a month is MUCH more manageable than once a week!!! I second that suggestion...
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I third that suggestion! :drinker: