Regrets...We All Have Them..

Options

Replies

• hannahbanana0480
    hannahbanana0480 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I regret not answering the phone the last time my mother called me :(

Oh, damn, Yes. ^^^

Long story short, called my mom to talk to her. She was sick. There was a lot of commotion and it seemed hard to get her on the phone. She was going to the bathroom or something, so I just said, "Nevermind, I'll call back tomorrow." She passed away that night.

Of all the things in my life that have happened, that's probably the only thing I really truly regret.

Oh wow...I am so sorry
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    NONE! Never look back...keep moving forward.
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I regret skipping meals when I was 14. Now I'm 18 years old and eating is the hardest thing for me to do now.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I had the chance to go to China, Mongolia and Tibet when I was a jr in college for 10 weeks to study and stay in student dorms, and so on. I turned it down because of a girl.

I don't do regrets, but I sure would take that opportunity today
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I regret not continuing to run track after High School and let myself gain 50 plus pounds quickly.......But then again I don't really regret it. But sometimes I wish I was still running.
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. I could write a book on this topic. I'm the KING of regrets. Well, maybe not "regrets" per se, maybe bad decisions. LOL.

QUEEN here. they were all "good" decisions at the time. Now it's like "WTF was I THINKING???!!"
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    to the OP, I love me some Garth Brooks but I don't know that I'd pay a huge ticket price to see him.

My major regret is: in May 2010, I lost my Dad. Granted it was to old age, expected and I was lucky enough to be in the room with him by his side (he lived with us and was on Hospice Care). He had deteriorated over the last year, but majorly so in the last few months of his life. In that time, I struggled to take care of him, maintain a full time job that had a very high demand rate on my time as well as be a wife and mom. I was exhausted and on more than one occasion I thought to myself, I can't do this anymore but refused to put him in a nursing home except for when it was needed due to rehabilitation from a fall or pneumonia. I can remember him asking me to sit in there with him to watch tv, or simply just to be in the room with him and sometimes I could, but a lot of times I had to reply that I had work I needed to get done. My regret is, I should have taken a leave from my job. It was a job and this was my father. Yes, I needed the job and the income, but something could have been figured out. I regret every minute of every day, not spending that extra time with him when he asked.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in regrets per say but I do wish I would have spent an entire semester abroad vs. 2 months when I was in college. I had the time, the money--but I let a boy hold me back.

However, I'm thankful I just had a chance to do it in the first place.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I regret grad school. I felt pressured to become a teacher because everyone said I'd make a good one - so far from the truth. I dropped out and now just have the debt. I do NOT regret dropping out, I wish I had never started. It was definitely a huge mistake. I should have just continued to look for full-time work rather than work part-time and do school.

However, I do NOT regret gaining weight anymore. I never appreciated my body or myself when I was skinny. Now that I gained all that weight and have lost most of it, I have never had more self-love. This is a new-found realization so I figured I'd share :)
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Always find it interesting when people refer to things in a religious sense, "I don't believe in", granted they're looking at all experiences as learned lessons which is fine. Yet many of us have experiences which we've passed up on or handled incorrectly, no?
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in regrets per say but I do wish I would have spent an entire semester abroad vs. 2 months when I was in college. I had the time, the money--but I let a boy hold me back.

However, I'm thankful I just had a chance to do it in the first place.

coincidence?
  • Princessbrene
    Princessbrene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I regret the moment I started drinking.

:o( I hope you've made progress in this area of your life as well as your weight goals.
  • BlahBlaBlah
    Options
    Always find it interesting when people refer to things in a religious sense, "I don't believe in", granted they're looking at all experiences as learned lessons which is fine. Yet many of us have experiences which we've passed up on or handled incorrectly, no?

Oh yeah, lots of things. I don't view them as regrets though because I'm happy with how they have all turned out in the end. Without those experiences and decisions I would not be where I am now.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i regret not having started lifting in high school and not asking out a girl that seemed to be great when she told me she liked me -_-
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I have a bunch.....................but two of the bigger ones are:

I regret NOT going to Arizona with my high-school friend, and getting away from a bad relationship.

I regret marrying the bad relationship :noway:
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Am truly sorry for the loss some of you have experienced of family members, this was surely not the intention of this thread, yet I'm glad to see some of you are willing to talk about it. Sending you all much love!
  • trababes1971
    trababes1971 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I regret letting past relationships effect my self esteem and knock me etc. I feel i could of pursued my singing if i had the confidence as i used to sing years ago but im too much of a wimp now lol. xxx
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I regret all of last year, and the year before and some of this year.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I regret not answering the phone the last time my mother called me :(

Right there with you. My biggest regret is choosing to play a softball tournament instead of going to the hospital to visit my mom, thinking I'd go see her tomorrow.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I regret not flying to NYC once to meet a friend from Ireland.