"NOT-SO-HEALTHY" Foods you can't stop eating

Options

Replies

• Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    I have the tendency to overeat healthier items. My newest addiction is Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal. Ugh. I eat it dry and by the handfuls.
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    Veggie chips. They lure me in, thinking they are healthy then BAM...I eat half a bag. I had to stop buying them. They were really for my kids, who would rather have carrots & hummus. So...were they really for my kids...
    I loooove veggie chips. They're so addictive!
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I've had the same issue with mini marshmallows lately! And I've never really snacked on them before, but I found myself alternating handfuls of marshmallows and Rice Chex a couple of nights in a row. So bad!

I've found that I can't keep boxes cereal in the house any more, because I'll just walk into the pantry and scoop out handfuls left and right, and next thing I know I've blown my calorie limit that I worked so hard on the rest of the day. The new peanut butter and chocolate flavored Multigrain Cheerios are irresistible! One box of those will barely last 2 days in my house.
  • Bookworm_Chris
    Bookworm_Chris Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cheese (started just using it sparingly, and reduced fat versions), Pizza (I try to fill up on salad before I eat this, then limit myself to 2 slices). And like a majority of folks here, chocolate. I've found that hot cocoa does pretty well at fixing the craving, without all the guilt of eating actual chocolate.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Anything with cream cheese...cheesecake, crab rangoons, clam dip(made w/cc), jalapeno poppers, bagels....anything

Chocolate will always be a part of my diet but I have to watch the amount I have...
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Never gave up peanut butter (or almond butter or cashew butter or sunflower seed butter or Vermon Peanut Butter's Maple Walnut Peanut Butter or their Almond & Peanut Butter Blend with Flax and Seeds, or....well you get the picture).

All I did was starting eating it off a spoon instead of bread or crackers or whatever. And not just any spoon - a measuring spoon for portion control!

164 lbs down. Peanut butter nearly every day the whole way.
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    peeps. If you look back at my diary I bet I've averaged 200 calories worth a day for weeks. Thank goodness Easter is over.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I recently gave up dairy. I LOVE cheese, all cheese, cheese cheese cheese!
    But my face is clearing up and I've dropped 3 pounds in under a week, so apparently it agrees with me.

I have stopped eating dairy....and I don't like it (but I kind of do???)

Then I'm happy and sad for you :)
  • runwithitwerewinning
    runwithitwerewinning Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was a skinny kid growing up so i could eat anything i wanted. I weighed 125 when I graduated high school. sooo that cultivated a love for all things horrible. I used to eat 2 pieces of cake and 5-6 scoops of ice cream almost nightly. now my cravings are confined to a mt. dew every other day or so and fast food maybe every 3-4 days.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    SUSHI!! I just can't say "NO" to it. Oh and it is usually the rolls with all the sauce and sometimes tempura..Soooo Baaadddd but Soooo Gooood.

I want sushi now

Me too. Thanks a lot. :laugh:
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    SUSHI!! I just can't say "NO" to it. Oh and it is usually the rolls with all the sauce and sometimes tempura..Soooo Baaadddd but Soooo Gooood.

I want sushi now

Me too!!!!!
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sadly, it's pizza and beer for me! yummmmm
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have to eat any sweet thing if it's in the house. I almost never buy chocolate or ice cream or cookies, but I will eat them like my life depends on it if it's in the house. And if it's not in the house and a craving hits, I go for the sugary kid cereals... I love Fruit Loops.
  • JaymeLS
    JaymeLS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Burgers and Fries. Quitting smoking wasn't near this hard.
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Food is my weakness...If its edible Im all over it! If its non edible I might lick or sniff it just to be sure.
  • tiggergrrl23
    tiggergrrl23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Definitely Doritos. I absolutely do not allow them in my house anymore. When I am in the store every so often I will see them and start craving, but I try very hard to keep walking and not put them in my cart! I tried the Baked Doritos, but even though they are slightly better I can still manage to finish an entire bag in one sitting. So bad! It's easier to just steer clear of them.
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    My Starbucks drink: iced venti, decaf, non-fat, 4pump mocha. Take away the 4 pumps of mocha, and it's actually not bad. But I so crave that bittersweet chocolate!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a TON better with moderation and treating myself when need be, but I'll just list my main culprits:

1) chocolate
    2) cheese
    3) alcohol (my damn friends ALWAYS want to go drink-- still in the college mentality) :grumble:
    4) sushi
    5) popcorn-- not the healthy kind lol
  • jengigs
    jengigs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, and I haven't even tried to stop. I have two pieces of See's everyday while my son is napping. One Molasses Chip, which is only 38 Cal. and one truffle or cream type. I just have them worked into my calorie goal.
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Reese's peanut butter eggs and cadbury mini eggs, Easter kills me...

Me too! I broke down and had a Reese's peanut butter egg last Friday--it was my reward to myself for being pretty good all week. Then I found them on a clearance sale last weekend and bought two more! :( I'm trying to make myself wait until Friday to have one.

I went into our Rite Aid and there was everything on clearance! I bought 2 more bags of the Reese's eggs and the cadbury minis, I have to do what you do, give myself a day a week to have one, but once I get started, I have a hard time stopping with the Reese's!!! I LOVE them!!