20 th July new group

Options

Replies

• chrissey
    chrissey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday all!

Feeling good! People are beginning to notice...I went for a power walk today on my lunch break with a girl that I work with..we both have been dieting off/on since the beginning of the year...we walked along the riverfront..in the sunshine..no humidity...was it ever hard to come back to work...anyway, I'm curious to see what the scale says this week..I have started the Couch to 5 K program and have finished the first week..I have also been eating my exercise calories (well most of them) ...I have a potluck diner tonight for my kids football team...ughh..I'm sure there won't be many healthy choices there...I'll just have to eat before I go...wish me luck to stay on the wagon!!
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Patty, we will all be praying for you. Hope your visit will not be too stressful. Take it each day as it comes. Sorry to hear the H1N1 news. Yes it is very scary.
    I talked to a friend about P90X. She said it is a tough workout but does give great results. The premise of the program is to Vary your workouts. You do a different workout everyday...e.g. Cardio, Weight Training, Yoga/this is to cause "muscle confusion". I am going to try a version of my own and try to do different workouts throughout the week. :smile:
  • Eava57
    Options
    Yeah! I finally made my first 5 lb. goal!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jigglybits
    jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yahoo!!! I lost a pound after 3 weeks of staying the same I've finally lost :happy:

Good luck with your weigh ins
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,with being on vacation and getting things done here,my garden and daughter ready for school,I gained 2 lbs so now i'm back to 137.8 well it'll come off agian i haven't workedout at all for 1 1/2 weeks,we'll be getting on track today.

I hope you all have a great day and good luck on your weigh ins.holly
  • malpait
    malpait Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I lost one pound which I am very happy with seeing as it is that time of the month!

I have done p90x. It is tough, at least one hour per day commitment. I want to restart it, once the kids are in school. It is very important though to eat right when doing it because it requires so much energy!

Everyone have a great day!

Jennie
  • angelae39
    angelae39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Looks like there are all ready some great numbers. Congratulations!! I recently purchased Chalean Extreme, but haven't actually started it yet, I was only down .4 thid week, but that means I am out of the double digits over 200 so I will take it. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Angela
  • ldr624
    ldr624 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hello All,

Just want to check in. I am 4lbs down this week. I'm sure part of it is due to the excess water weight that I am releasing. Either way...I am happy. I hope everyone else had a good week.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    hi you all are great on this jounrey. I was wondering if anyone here is following the weight watchers diet?i am and i like it.holly
  • sandif1
    sandif1 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hello everyone I am down 0 pounds and up 0 pounds. I have to say that I am in a fitness and weight loss slump. I feel like I don't want to have anything to do with healthy eating or exercise:smile:

ENCOURAGEMENT PLEASE I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS SLUMP!!!!!!!

To everyone who lost weigh CONGRATULATIONS and keep up the good work.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • angl
    angl Posts: 188
    Options
    Good job girlfriends!!!
    I too am down 1.5 this week and have finally made it into the 160's....... 169.....Wohoo I need to go eat some cake to celebrate.:laugh: Just Kidding:noway:
    Have a great weekend ya all.
    angl:bigsmile:
  • chrissey
    Options
    Close but no cigar..I am down to 201.1...a 2.2 loss ...maybe next week I will be under 200..

although..I first started my weight loss journey on Dec 29,2008...That was the first day we unwrapped the Wii fit and I stepped on it!! I was absolutely shocked as I had no scale in my home and had no idea I had gained that much weight after I quit smoking...I knew I gained some..but didn't actually know how much..

We had a room full of people as It was my husbands birthday and we were trying out the Wii fit for the first time...all I knew was that it was a Hula Hoop balance board thing...NO IDEA it was making a profile of me and was a scale!!! Imagine my shock as this scale came up on the screen as I am surrounded by a room full of people...I had NEVER been so embaassed my life...not only did the scale show my weight for all to see..my little Wii fit person went from a trim cutiepatootie to this round girl who's arms stuck straight out because she was so heavy!! I kept telling everyone that I had gained 15 lbs but it was more like 25..LOL...Good thing I am a good sport but I knew then and there that it was time for a change and that I was going to give it my all...I was 241.2 when I stepped on it for the first time back in December and I was 201.1 this morning....That was not the starting weight that I put down for MFP...I put down the weight that I was when I first came here ( Maybe I should change it...what do you think?) ...I did join a Biggest Loser Challenge with work back in January and did manage to lose 19lbs prior to joining here but MFP this gave me the boost and Knowledge I needed...Yes I was losing weight but very slowly...I wasn't calculating excercise/calories correctly so I as losing at a snails pace...but in reality I am actually down 40 lbs since December :)..so even though I did not break 200..I did hit a milestone for me today!!! I must say I LOVE MFP..I am additced...I love the fact that we are all here for the same reason...for a change towards a healthier life!:drinker:

Have a great Weekend!!
  • Eava57
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and you can set it to private. Sorry you had to go through the weigh in with an audience. I hate when the little guy says "That's obese". It does give you a good workout if you stick with it for at least 30 minutes.:tongue: It is wonderful to hear everyone is starting to lose (and maintain) a little weight . Now that summer is almost over we can focus on the upcoming fall.
    Let the weight "fall" off your shoulders! sandif1, we know you can start right now, this minute. Make your next meal choice a healthy one or do at least 10 minutes of some activity. You can do it!:bigsmile:
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    wow Chrissey I think you are an inspiration. That is alot of weight lost and it hasn't even been a year! I am new to this group not dieting but new to really thinking I am worth it. Thanks for sharing your message was a help to me. You have a great weekend too! Richie
  • chrissey
    Options
    Thanks Richie...althought I think my story is funny now..it wasn't then...my theory is pretty simple...calories in..calories out!!..and MOVE it Move it Move it...I do not think of it as a diet because I do not want to diet for the rest of my life...it's just my new way of eating..and so far..it's working for me...we are all worth it...if you are anything like me...my life was consumed by everyone else in my life..now I am just taking it back..

Thanks!!!!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi! No loss last week. I was the exact same. Which, I guess, is good.

Chrissey-Congrats on your progress this year! Very inspiring!

Sandy- Use your birthday as a new beginning. Enjoy your day today. Then make this year, YOUR year. You can do this!! Make out a plan as to what you want to be different. Then maybe make obatinable deadlines. Start with baby steps. Start with a couple of workouts per week. A couple of food changes, then build from there!!

Congrats to all who lost last week! For those of us that didn't...just keep on trecking forward. Don't look at it as a setback but another opportunity to change something in a positive way.
  • jigglybits
    jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have days where u just are not hungry and feel like u are forcing yourself to eat?? Today i earned 400 exercise calories so in total i am to have 1600 calories give or take 200. I am at 837calories and it's almost midnight...I normally have one or 2 days like this a week will it send my body into starvation mode or is this normal??
  • spiralgirl71
    Options
    Does anyone else have days where u just are not hungry and feel like u are forcing yourself to eat?? Today i earned 400 exercise calories so in total i am to have 1600 calories give or take 200. I am at 837calories and it's almost midnight...I normally have one or 2 days like this a week will it send my body into starvation mode or is this normal??

I do have days like that. My take on it (and it's an unofficial one) is that your body doesn't use the same clock we do. I have always believed that if you meet your weekly caloric intake...that you should be fine. If you go for several days under your calories or over your calories...that is when you will see negative effects. Hopefully someone else will have more input on that.

It has been so quiet this week!!!
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    back to work after the summer off. I will need to control my urges as it seems like there is chocolate everywhere. I think planning my dinner berfore I go to work will help me stay on task. I hope everyone has a great labor day weekend. Richie
  • spiralgirl71
    Options
    Good Morning!! Richie-I am dreading Halloween candy season at work. I feel your pain!!

For those of us with the long holiday this weekend...anyone have any fun things planned?