finally under 200 pounds and no longer diabetic!

Options
maggiepz
maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
I know that's it's minimal compared to most of these stories but I was so happy this morning that I couldn't stop crying. I've lost 29 pounds since Jan 28th and I'm finally under 200 pounds, at 198. There's something about that number that REALLY bothered me. There's not much difference between 198 and 200 logically but emotionally for me there's miles of difference. It's been hard since I'm 55yo and I have a lot of health problems and I HATE to sweat. Zumba makes sweating fun and I've been walking a lot. I had eye surgery and can't swim for a month but when I was doing water fitness it really helped my spine issues.

I've cut all starchy and sugary carbs and gone lowcarb making sure what carbs I do eat have high nutritional but low glycemic index values. I cut all processed foods except for limited dairy. I had metabolic syndrome. Now I'm no longer diabetic and I've cut my astronomical triglycerides in half. I had pretty much sub-basement levels of Vit D despite supplementation and now I'm just under low normal. I suffered from CFS and fibromyalgia. Some days I still struggle but they have a minimal effect on my life now.

I have enough enough energy and finally made it under 200 so I'm treating myself to a retro-look Schwinn cruiser style bicycle so that I can now go riding with my grandchildren! Unfortunately it's on back order but I finally earned it darn it!

I still have a ways to go, I'd like to get down to at least 140-150 but since I hit my magic number all things seem possible.

Replies

• DMRN0125
    DMRN0125 Posts: 87
    Options
    Congratulations!!! No achievement is ever minimal...you stuck to it and have reached your first milestone. More importantly, your organs are much happier I am sure =)
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    That's a huge success!! Great job!!! :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    this makes me really happy. you are amazing! now that's a LIFESTYLE change! that's what i love about MFP. no diets. LIFESTYLE CHANGES, BABY!
  • saugonda1
    saugonda1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!!:happy:
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    It may not seem like it's as great a story as the others here, but I beg to differ.

CONGRATULATIONS on your success! Yes, you earned it, and you should be proud!
  • Lefty634
    Lefty634 Posts: 56
    Options
    I think that is a great sucess and congrats on the diabieties. Be proud of yourself!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Brilliant! 199 is my first goal. I can hardly wait! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • micheleboone
    Options
    Amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • Jerseygirl02
    Options
    Congrat's , that's amazing! Keep it up.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    That is a great achievement!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!! :flowerforyou: On Monday I finally hit below 200!!! :wink:
  • terrasetalyn
    Options
    Congrates!!! I can't wait for the day i can say that!!
  • Epetrovitch
    Epetrovitch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! Keep up the good work!
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story. You have obviously worked hard and it has paid off. I hope I can do the same!!!
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good for you ! So happy for you and we sound in somewhat similar situations. I am 44 but I cannot exercise much because I had a stroke & am paralyzed on one side. I have lost 23 pounds since January and have 50 + to go. I am 207 now but am really looking forward to the goals of being 1)below 200 as well as 2)going from "obese" to "overweight" at around 179-180 pounds since I am around 5'5". Best of luck & friend me if you want!
    Lynn
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! You've not only lost weight to look and feel better - but you have significantly improved your health! I would not call this a minimal success - I think it's huge! Congratulations and keep up the great work!
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    well done....its a great achievement :) enjoy your new bike and your grandbabies :)
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    You've done amazing. Well bluddy done! :D
  • DIVIN3_B3AUTY
    Options
    CONGRATS TO YOU!!! YOU HAVE MORE THAN EARNED IT, YOU ARE A GREAT INSPIRATION!!!! :smile:
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is an amazing achievment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!