4/20 is "Weed Day"?

Options

Replies

• scarlieoh
    scarlieoh Posts: 18
    Options
    it's not really a party, no one takes weed as a big deal here, but on 420 the coffee shops have good deals and stuff
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Here in Edmonton they sit at the Legislature grounds and smoke pot...you can smell it all over the city. The government watches them, but doesn't interrupt

Heyyy I live in Edmonton too :):drinker: Didn't know that ^^ though because I'm from Nova Scotia.

That's how it in Toronto too. It starts in Queens Park then they march around and go to parliament hill and hang out there. Cops walk around to make sure everything's going smoothly. You can't sell/buy there but you can smoke all you want. Heck when I went I was standing right beside a cop just smoking and it was such a trip.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Yep it is...Where've you been? I have two teens so I'm well aware... LMAO
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Okay my boyfriend and I will be going to watch the Willie Nelson statue!! :smokin: :drinker:

Your boyfriend has just gone up in my estimations since he's clearly the one telling you to get off early for this extremely important day. Win!

nope, I did!!! :devil:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    it's not really a party, no one takes weed as a big deal here, but on 420 the coffee shops have good deals and stuff

Yeah I have a good friend who lives in Holland, and she doesn't smoke or anything. She always talks about the dumb tourists (Americans and other Europeans) who come over there and act like idiots on drugs!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah back in HS (10 years ago) 4/20 was a total major holiday to smoke pot (weed) everyone skipped school even (those who smoked).

Now it has a new meaning it's my sons birthday!!!!!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    What in the world? Am I the only one that didn't know this???

Interesting.... :smokin:

That's weird. If I only weeded once a year, I think my heliconias would die.

hehehe... love it.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I found out about this by accident when my entire family (including two young children) accidentally showed up for a picnic in a park where this "event" was happening! Needless to say we stuck out like sore thumbs!

We still laugh about this years later. (My husband saying, "I think I smell pot" Me saying "No way, your imagining things". Him saying "we're not dressed like these people. (we were looking very preppy) Something's going on here, theyre going to think we're undercover cops, etc. etc." and me totally clueless. Were we ever shocked when we read the paper, complete with pictures, the next day. We looked closely for ourselves in the pix, worried, because my husband's job at the time was semi-political!)
  • caralynnxo
    Options
    weeds haven't even sprouted yet here. i don't start weeding the garden until well after mother's day.
    4/20 being weeding day sure as hell confuses me every year.

i wonder why the store sells out of doritos and twinkies that day too. *shrug*

CRACKING UP
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Before it's locked. There is a group....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3571-baked-not-fried
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    even my non-smoking friends and family know about 4/20 lol.. its ok though just stay out of the junk food isle tomorrow hahahaha :smokin:
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    No. 4/20 is actually my grandma's birthday :)

Good birthday it's my son's too!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    also, 4:20 pm is weed o'clock for the real hardcore pot heads.

Actually any time of the day is weed o'clock for the hardcore potheads. They don't wait until 4:20
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Thought it was a gardening thread......this is much better!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Yeah I have a good friend who lives in Holland, and she doesn't smoke or anything. She always talks about the dumb tourists (Americans and other Europeans) who come over there and act like idiots on drugs!

Yep pretty much from what I saw.

I found I was extremely respectful and didn't do the usual things of throwing up all over their streets and things I actually took in the culture too since that interests me.

I did however FAIL miserably.. I got told to avoid wandering into the bike lanes when I'd had a smoke as everyone does it and gets hit by a bike..so what did I do as I walked out? I walked straight into a bike lane and nearly took someone out! Guess you hate us brits for that lol..
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    The true question here now is: What will the OP do now that she knows its weed day? :wink:
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you don't know what 420 is and 4/20 day, you are probably over 35 years old or home schooled.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    ugh! I miss my old life so much. make it legal!
  • rysgal123
    rysgal123 Posts: 27
    Options
    you gotta smoke a doobie on 4 20 @ 4 20! Its like a stoner holiday :)
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    This day is celebrated in most major cities in Canada....I know Vancouver celebrates it too.