was he asking me on a date?

Options

Replies

• SweetMelisa85
    SweetMelisa85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Driving range? Are you 16? Please keep in mind that MFP is for adults. If you are a minor, regardless if you are about to get your driver's license, you should not be using MFP.
    Seriously??
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    flurting for clientele, also prolly trying for a "mrs robinson" type thing, but defanitly for clientele
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Driving range? Are you 16? Please keep in mind that MFP is for adults. If you are a minor, regardless if you are about to get your driver's license, you should not be using MFP.

39 is not too old to learn how to drive a stick.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    in my best Bill Murray voice..... "It's in da hole!"
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he wants to do it in all 18 holes.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

This made me spit water all over my monitor - thank you for the laugh I needed it :laugh:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me he wants to put his 9 Iron in for a hole in one
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    wow, that's really tough because he combined a business proposition with a personal time proposition. Some people will use the stick and carrot: I'd love to hang out with you, but I need something from you in return. If you're not looking for a trainer, go later in the day and see if he invites you just for the drink. The other option would be to say somthing like, "we'll I think it would be ackward mix a training session and personal time like that, but I'm up for the drink anytime."

this! Why the hell should you have to pay to spend time with him if you're not learning anything?

You could say like, if we're doing a session I wanna focus on learning, but if you're that desperate to get drunk with me we could grab a beer after you finish" haha
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    You could always take him up on one session and see how both go, telling him to pick the time.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    He was trying for a "one in hole"...Ooops, I mean "hole in one"!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    if you have to wonder if he's asking, he's not worth your time IMO

He needs to man up and just effing ask. You're a grown, beautiful woman and deserve a REAL man who has the BALLS to ask you properly

I'd say pass
  • tonihayden
    Options
    date!
  • doyledozo
    doyledozo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is typical "golf pro" behavior. I highly doubt that facility condones fraternizing with prospective clients in such a way. Be very weary. You may have a sexual harassment case in your future.
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    He's "fishing". He's probably nervous about the client/teacher situation, so he's dropping his hints big time. If you take him up on it, then he'll likely ask you out for real. But, he's not going to risk it without some sort of confidence-booster from you - otherwise, you might get in a huff and tell his boss that he was hitting on you or something. IMHO.

This
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

The driving range at the GOLF course.....
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    He wants you to be the 19th hole.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like he's trying to get you to pay for his attention. You pay for the lesson, which pays for the drinks (or you go dutch), and then he'll make you pay for your own cab back to your car in the morning.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I went to the driving range and one of the instructors were out there. When he got done with his appointment, he started chatting with me. He falls into instructor mode and he's working with me on my swing and stuff.

After awhile, he says "so, i'd really like to work with you again. but you should make an appointment later in the day so we can drink some beers together. that's allowed."

was he just trying to get me as a client? he was ~really~ cute so i wouldn't think that he would actually have to seek out female companionship.

Well ya know they did do a study about tats directly related to drinking more. He must have read that study.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    if you have to wonder if he's asking, he's not worth your time IMO

He needs to man up and just effing ask. You're a grown, beautiful woman and deserve a REAL man who has the BALLS to ask you properly

I'd say pass

but he was ~really~ cute. i don't want to miss out.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    He wanted to see if he could get a hole in one.