Replies

• Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    45:48
  • redtim22
    redtim22 Posts: 144
    Options
    Did one Easter Sunday for the first time 29:27!!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I walked the entire thing and my time was 46:13
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Funny story My first 5k I accidentally signed up for an 8k and didn't know so they day me and my bestie got there we were like
    f&ck it and did the 8k anyways i ran it in 47:47
  • mybiketrip
    mybiketrip Posts: 239
    Options
    My first 5k time was 20:58 about 1 week ago :)
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    Mine was 33:57....very pleasantly surprised!
  • RUNNER48WH
    Options
    1st ever 5K was 27:43....fast pace for me as all training runs were in 9:40/Mile range. You will run faster in a group/race atmosphere.....but try to run your own race and enjoy it!! Congrats!!!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    It was a while back, but I wanna say it was somewhere around 34 minutes? I haven't run a 5k in a while (I've been focusing on half marathons and 10 milers, but gonna be getting back to shorter distances for a while over the summer), so I assume my time would be a lot better now, but 34 minutes ain't bad for my first time!!
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Mine first official 5k was 44:55 it was an offroad race through woods, sand, and hills. I did zero training for it.
  • hagamivida
    hagamivida Posts: 129
    Options
    A miserable 48:18...
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    52 minutes! But I was walking with friends. After 6 weeks of C25K it was 39:16 and my goal was to be under 45min. Still working towards under 30minutes.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    26:24...then my second (which was the very next day) 24:12.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I think I was around 35mins or something. I hope my time will be better the second go around in two weeks!
  • jessjayla
    jessjayla Posts: 34
    Options
    i signed up for my 1st one next month- hoping to do it in under 40. Good luck to you!
  • TidoWyla
    TidoWyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I ran my first one March 31st and ran a 31:45. I'm signed up for one next weekend, one in May, and one in June already.....they're very addictive and so much fun! :smile:
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    29.53. It was -10 degrees, 20mph winds with an inch of "slush" on the road. Fun stuff lol
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just did my first one last weekend surpassed my best training time by coming in at 28:25. I still have no idea how I did that! When I run at lunch, I generally average around 33 minutes (and I blame that on these two back to back long hills, which I have a love/hate relationship with :)), so if you are averaging 30 minutes, I bet you find come race time, when you're out on the course, the excitement, comraderie and adrenaline will all give you a bit of a boost! Good luck! Post again and let us know how you did!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You are well on your way to blowing us all out of the water so don't be nervous you will be FANTASTIC! My first 5k I'm also a new(er) runner was 32:38. And your goal was my EXACT goal also...... I didn't want to walk any of it...well till I was actually running it then I was like that was stupid goal..I wanna walk. ;) You know how the mind plays tricks on us. I didn't walk and I did finish. yay! Update us please when you have your race time. :)
  • intika
    intika Posts: 17
    Options
    I did mine last year in 45 mins. I did 5 min run then 1 min walk until i reached the finish line.
  • aspethe
    aspethe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great u'll probably do the race in lesser time..it took me 30 min when practising, on race day, i finished in 28.26..a good 2 min better than my practice pace.