Am I the only one over 300 pounds?

Options

Replies

• ladyfingers39
    Options
    I'm just about to break into the 200's but I started at 321. Anyone can add me who is serious about this journey! :)
  • bcarlock
    bcarlock Posts: 1
    Options
    Nope. I started at 360 lbs. A couple of days ago I weighed in at 292... Hang in there!
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Started this journey at 354,
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    Just wondering if I am the only one here that is over 300 pounds in the united states. I am here wanting to lose weight. Wanting to get fit and to be a healthier, better person. Needing more motivation and inspiration. If you want to help me or work with me on this goal feel free to add me please! :-)

I used to be over 300 pounds. 320 was the hightest I ever saw on a scale, but I know I had already started losing when I was brave enough to look at a scale. I'm now around 160. I've maintained a weight range of 160-180 for the past 7 years now. It took me about 5 years to lose 150 pounds. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I know it can be daunting, but it is TOTALLY do-able if you believe in yourself :)
  • gtchs
    gtchs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're not alone. My highest was 461. I'd be happy to be in the 300's :-)
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My highest was over 330. I was 323 when I started MFP. My next weigh in is on the 30th and I expect to be out of the 300s. Feel free to add me. I log consistently, work out regularly and would appreciate the support of others that do the same.
  • WhiteMtnChef
    Options
    I'm over 300, but not for long. I started on March 1, 2012 and am almost at 300 now after starting at 335+. Sticking to my diet for all but one day so far. I had a treadmill but bought a bike a month ago. More constantly exercising now because my bad knee is not so reluctant to go on the bike as it was the treadmill on a daily basis. My next weigh-in will probably be in 3 months. I found that in the past I'd check to frequently and get discouraged. If you follow a fairly strict calorie diet and this program lets you do it pretty easily, you'll lose weight. Eat fewer calories than your height/weight require to survive and you'll lose it. Worry less about where you've been or where you're going and just obsess about the menu, diet, calories, carbs, protein, fat, etc. Keep the diet fresh, but stay within the limits of your calorie guide. Write everything into the program. EVERYTHING! :heart:
  • WendyKing1974
    WendyKing1974 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm at 264 now, BUT I started at 420lbs.
  • DebbieViruet
    Options
    I am new on here just started today not 300 but close I'm at 274 and wanting to lose the extra weight to be healthier and feel better about my self if you want to add me that's fine it's good to have friends in the same boat you are to do this journey especially when they know what your kinda going through
  • jeffdoc
    jeffdoc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 345...and my first goal on the road is to get to 299. Just to see a 2 at the beginning of that 3 digits on the scale will be a huge victory for me!

We're all here to help and motivate you and others. Work hard and you'll get there! I'll race you to 299!! :)
  • savinggrace84
    Options
    Well you are definitely not alone! I am at 330 right now and just beginning my journey! I would love to provide and receive support to others on this journey! It is a difficult one, but I am SO ready for this change!
  • LaxJac
    LaxJac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Your not alone, feel free to add me.
  • ladydee43
    ladydee43 Posts: 13
    Options
    No I am over the 300 mark and I am going gun hoe at getting this weight off but I have been sick latley but I am going to get this off.
  • tommiirugby
    tommiirugby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, i am 315
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm 336. Just starting this week to be at 215 by my 50th B-day in 2.25 years!
  • Epetrovitch
    Epetrovitch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started at 330 and I'm down to 277. I have about 80 more to go. You are welcome to add me as a friend if you'd like. Just take it one day at a time and focus on the long term. Remember,one set back does not offset the last thirty days and it took a lifetime to gain it so it won't go away over night but it can and you can will it to be gone!.
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    I"m still over 300. But I'm working on that...
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    No, I'm pretty sure you are not. This is a weight loss tool, and it's pretty soon you'll be far from that! Exciting, isn't it? :happy:
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I used to be. You can lose it too!
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    my heighest was 312 .. im now 298/299 (298.8)
    add me if you like