hour glass shaped girls??

Options

Replies

• anthonysarchangel
    anthonysarchangel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It has been some time since I measured myself because the last time I was in huge ranges and that was about 40 pounds ago. I think I was around 51 41 52, damn hips :sad: When I weighed 140 (which was 150 pounds ago) I was 41 27 42, again damn hips! As I have gotten older I have had to buy bras that actually lift and support rather than just lift because the pressure on my shoulders ended up giving me bursitis last year.

I enjoy my hourglass shape even though I am seriously fat. I just tell people I have an hourglass figure, it just has a lot of sand right now. :laugh:
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think I'm between hourglass, and pear shape, but...

Bust- -38"
    Waist-33"
    Hips-44"

I'm a size 8, and would like to loose a few inches off the waist and hips to get to a size 6.
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    5'4"

bust 41"
    waist 35"
    hips 45"
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    if barbie were a real woman her measurements would be 36-18-33 she would be 5' 9" and would not have a high enough body fat percentage to menstruate. i thought that was interesting.

Like I didn't envy the ***** already-now she doesn't get her period---sheesh some girls get all the luck :laugh:
  • LaRoux10
    LaRoux10 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm an hourglass/ pear shape I guess. My measurements are 24-23.5-35.5
  • esdale81
    esdale81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I think Im hourglass and I am definately short at 5ft 3

Bust: 38
    Waist:30
    Hips: 40

Goal
    Bust: 36
    Waist:26
    Hips:36

Ive got a heck of a long way to go....be nice to keep tabs on each others progress
    x
  • chelchelt
    chelchelt Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am the same way even at my lightest weight I still had curves even though I'm 5'3.
  • Francesca941
    Options
    I am trying to get back to my hourglass figure:
    Ht - 5'2"
    Wt - 163 (!!!)
    Bust - 40"
    Waist - 32"
    Hips - 44"

Goals are to lose 40# and as far as measurements go, I just want to look and feel good. I know I won't get back to 36-26-38. =P
  • hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Um, I think I'm a cross between pear-shaped and hourglass. I'm definitely curvy, though, but I need to lose a lot of weight to get back to where it looks good.

I'm 5'3
    CW: 169
    CM: 36-32-44 & 1/2

GW: 125
    GM: 36-27/28-37/38 (I'm entirely sure what that will look like but it sounds right, lol)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

You're a pear.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Actually, in the Victorian era, doctors examined many women whose ribcages moved, and got smaller. From the ribcage to hips there are no large bones, just the spine. A corset can't change the hip structure, but it can change the ribcage.

That sounds ... comfortable and healthy.

You still can't diet and exercise your way into an hourglass figure if you don't have one naturally.
  • shells2963
    shells2963 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you want to truly get motivated start measuring once a month. I have lost more total inches than I have lost pounds. It is sooooo exciting to get into clothes that 3 months ago I couldn't fasten and they are actually loose now. Measuring is definitely a motivating factor!!!!!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

You're a pear.

Yes. Usually you divide the waist measurement by the hip measurement. If the number is less than 1 the person is a pear.

http://www.icb2001.com/Waist-To-Hip_Ratio.asp
  • Sheila1968
    Sheila1968 Posts: 106
    Options
    90% of the people in these comments arent hourglass

That was my impression as well.

Define hourglass. For me it means that a woman has a large bust, proportionally much smaller waist and larger hips - like an hour glass. The classic hourglass shape measurement was 36-24-36, but it's more about the proportion than the numbers. Most of my life I haven't been able to find pants because I had a tiny waist in comparison to my hips and butt. Anything without a drawstring in it doesn't fit me well - the waist gaps hugely. And the girls upstairs aren't treated fairly either, if you have a D cup or larger and a slim torso flattering tops are tricky. With an hourglass shape, a lot of styles, swimsuits, etc require a customized fit. Women with hourglass figures often have to get clothing tailored, buy larger sizes that hang unattractively on them. I know, it's been a real pain to find things. Wrap dresses work well, swim suits that are two piece with custom cup sizes, draw string pants and shorts, jeans cut for curvy women sometimes work, or the lower on the hip variety, with some stretch. Tell me if you have found any retailers who cater to us.

Just have to say how much I agree with your post. Pants are the WORST thing for me to shop for. If they are big enough to go around my hips and thighs, the waist would hold two extra people. I guess clothes designers assume everyone has a beer gut these days??? If I find pants that fit in the waist, they tend to be 4 inches too short and look like I'm waiting for the next flood. Your suggestions are good - I find the best luck with dresses that are fitted through the waist but have a full skirt to hide the thighs. I've about given up on pants and skirts entirely. Did find a pair of Lee jeans, straight leg, that actually fit fairly well. First ones in ages that I haven't had to cinch in the gapping waistband and end up all wadded-up looking.
  • Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Options
    I think i am i guess..

37-28-37

and im 5ft 9 :)
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am hour glass 100%!
  • LaRoux10
    LaRoux10 Posts: 19
    Options

You're a pear.

Yes. Usually you divide the waist measurement by the hip measurement. If the number is less than 1 the person is a pear.

Ok, I kind of thought I was a pear. But about the calculation- the number would always be less than one unless your waist was the same size or bigger than your hips. So it really only shows whether or not you're an apple shape.
  • nyxt
    nyxt Posts: 60
    Options
    I'm 4'9 HAHA

32 - 22 - 33
  • Merrie67
    Merrie67 Posts: 15
    Options
    omg you are tiny!!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

You're a pear.

Ok, I kind of thought I was a pear. But about the calculation- the number would always be less than one unless your waist was the same size or bigger than your hips. So it really only shows whether or not you're an apple shape.

I posted a link to a body type calculator here earlier today that asks for bust, waist and hip measurements. Or you could Google it.