What food did you give up?

Options

Replies

• MarijetaFreak
    Options
    I never drink soda, or eat a lot of meat, or milk!
    I dont think you should give up on anything. u should eat everything like me but in very small portions
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    I gave up bread. and soda.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have cut back on bread and pastas. I didnt eat whole lot to begin with. I also try to steer from pop...again I didn't drink a whole lot before.
  • LENAhall
    LENAhall Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i have given up ice cream... i could eat an entire tub of edy's french silk in a day or two. i've had to just not buy it, because if it is in the house it calls to me!!! lol
    so since i have no (or little) self control, when it comes to edy's french silk ice cream, i have to control myself.... so i control myself by not having it in the house!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Granola bars and everything of the sort.

Self control issue xD
  • lincolnpalmer
    lincolnpalmer Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Coke. Lots and lots of Coke. Maybe 1,000 calories a day worth.
  • nicholjenny
    nicholjenny Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've cut back on basically everything but not given up anything. I eat the foods I love and just enjoy smaller portions. I use measuring spoons and weighing scales all the time now and check what a correct portion should be.

I try to do this too. Someone has already said it, but I totally agree that by cutting a food completely makes me obsessed with having it! My only exception is that I did drop all sugary caffeinated soda completely and treat it like the "drug" that it is. I do indulge in diet citrus sodas for the bubbles. :smile:
  • amandaruiz2011
    Options
    I actually haven't totally given up any foods, I just changed how often I eat them. I was getting really bad with pizza, so when I start MFP I wouldn't let myself have any pizza. Now that I'm learning more about the program, I have let myself have pizza a couple times, but stop myself after two slices maximum. It's all about learning how to control yourself, more than restrict yourself.
    [/quote

I totally agree with this..I haven't really banned myself from any foods, just don't allow myself to eat as much of it anymore...I am still working on portion control. I think the reason this diet is working for me now, is because I allow myself to still eat things, just in moderation. If I have to give things up, and can never eat what I want I only last about a month at the most dieting...Its been 4 months and still going strong :)
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I really can't think of anything that I've given up. There are things that I don't have as much of, or have as often, but that's about it! Oh, I guess I did give up soda!
  • jsongco2
    jsongco2 Posts: 2
    Options
    I stop drinking coffee for a week now - I replaced it by drinking jasmine green tea with a little honey or sometimes none. I drink warm water with lemon in the morning instead of coffee. Definitely no soda at any time because it has too many sugar in it.:wink:
  • downsizedanno
    Options
    Like alot of others here I have not given anything up entirely. However, I have scaled my beer consumption waaayyyyy back. I was drinking a six pack of beer every night, and it made me get tubby. I now only have a few beers every now and then, and I enjoy it even more. If I'm honest with myself, I wasn't really enjoying it all that much back then--it had just become part of my daily routine. Now I do my workout sessions in the evening to take the place of my six-pack and junk food.
  • nuke0409
    nuke0409 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I really can't think of anything that I've given up. There are things that I don't have as much of, or have as often, but that's about it! Oh, I guess I did give up soda!

same here
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Nothing given up but the quantities. I still enjoy all my favorites in a more reasonable amount. Keeps me sane.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :cry: cooney island chillie dog, ice cream, pie....
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Fruit juices - I used to make smoothies with yoghurt and berries, but the calorie hit was prety high, so I lean more towards veggies now instead. I've cut down majorly on cheese, which I love - looking forward to maintenance phase!
  • jsongco2
    jsongco2 Posts: 2
    Options
    I stop drinking coffee for a week now - I replaced it by drinking jasmine green tea with a little honey or sometimes none. I drink warm water with lemon in the morning instead of coffee. Definitely no soda at any time because it has too many sugar in it.:wink:
  • anit3490
    anit3490 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda--mostly mountain dew. And its been going great. I'm not addicted to it anymore and even find it too sweet and it makes me feel sickly when I do have some.

18668792.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Pasta, non-diet pop, most breads, tea or coffee that isn't black.
  • jdbaker01
    jdbaker01 Posts: 44
    Options
    :wink: i gave up my life, when i started the diet lol
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I eat it all still but not as often. Cut way back on alcohol, ice cream, and candy. I still eat white bread stuff on occasion (once every 2 weeks). Everything in moderation. I'm still losing and eating carbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!