What food did you give up?

Options

Replies

• TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Soda was only thing I gave up. Though, I've had it as a treat on a low calorie day. I also have given up all alcohol for the past month or so to lose the last few pounds. Which I recently reached. It will be worked back in with extra cardio mid May. I love my cocktails and wine with dinners. I have luckily been disciplined enough to not have to give up anything else. I eat less processed food and processed sugar, exercise more and feel better all around.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    Nope, didn't give up anything. I just changed when I ate it and how often. plus if you make your own bread you can cut it thinner and yes it may be more calories but it is all natural ingredients that will fully satisfy your craving. I find that if I use the whole fat real butter when cooking I use waaaay less and get so much more flavor.

I modify things like crazy but I still eat chocolate almost every day and homemade cookies all the time. I just burn extra calories working out to "earn" those treats.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I dropped soda and sweets.

Soda was a killer. I'd drank way too much Dr. Pepper or Mt. Dew each day. But now that I've been off of them for a good while, I find them gross.
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Soda.
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Regular soda and most fast foods -- I might have a slice of pizza or two but very little else.
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've given up is fast food and it isn't something I crave or even appeals to me anymore.
    Everything else is about moderation and portion control. I love buffalo chicken wing pizza, but will only have it like twice a year when I go back to my hometown where I am spoiled with amazing pizzerias.
  • lequire
    lequire Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I try to eat non processed foods now...head straight to dairy and produce, I don't even bother with the freezer section. BUT, I always say that if I could eat one food and not give a **** about gaining weight it would be powdered donuts!

Since I started running, I burn at least 1000 calories every saturday so I let myself have whatever I want. It is usually lots of wine :)
  • turbogirl01
    Options
    I haven't had a big, juicy fast food burger in a long time. Annnnd, while I occasionally crave one, I'm pretty sure my body wouldn't even know how to handle one at this point...haha
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I haven't drunk coffee with sugar in decades and I can't recall the last time I had fried chicken; I usually have it broiled. Wish I could give up some other things.
  • jfig600
    jfig600 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have given up soda and everything else I have just cut back if I got the calories left I have a snack if not I don't ..... The one thing I would really like is a whoopie pie but I have banned that for now
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Anything in a bakery window...I don't even go in!
  • graebnerkm15
    graebnerkm15 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh my lanta if I gave up pizza I would be a very cranky girl. I work at pizza hut 4-5 days a week and I don't think I could do it! Most times I get a personal sized pizza with thin crust, no cheese, italian sausage and loooooots of sauce. I didn't think I would like it at first but it is absolutely heavenly! Otherwise, it's everything in moderation for me. I haven't had Kraft Mac & Cheese since I've started MFP though, it's loads of calories for just a little bit. TOM is coming up though so I might have a breakdown and have some. I like to add hot dogs and frozen peas though so I'm sure I can make the serving size stretch :)

Oh, and I only drink diet soda with my rum (or soda stream rootbeer) and I've become obsessed with Lipton Diet Citrus Green Tea.
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Dominoes Pasta Bread Bowls :cry: I miss them but omg were they unhealthy...and I'd eat them like once a week! :noway: Haven't had one in at least 3 months now.
  • MomMel65
    MomMel65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Didn't give up any food. If I want it bad enough, I have to work it off FIRST, then I go ahead and enjoy it. I'm a firm believer in moderation with everything. I've "dieted" all my life, and I keep landing in the same place. Not this time!! I allow myself the chocolate when I need it, the salty chips (weighed out on a scale to be sure I'm getting only 1 serving) when I can't live without them. That way I'm not living in a constant state of crazy cravings. But one change I did make was no more fast food. Huge money waster, loaded with fat and sodium - no thanks.
  • misslilylou
    misslilylou Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've given up pop (I used to drink regular, can't even touch the diet stuff... gross!) and candy. It has been surprisingly easy to get by without pop OR candy, considering I used to eat a LOT of candy.. I've also cut back on alcohol a lot. I used to have a beer or even two almost every day. Not good!
  • Takatora
    Takatora Posts: 10
    Options
    Pizza - Hungry Howie's with garlic herb crust - I could devour a large by myself over an hour or three twice a week

In truth, it was devouring me.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I haven't really given up anything. I eat in moderation during the week. and don't count calories on sunday for sanity
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I didnt give up any food just reduced a lot of the bad foods that I ate too much of, like pasta, cheese, bread, pop and so forth.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Nothing... I really don't see the point in giving up something that you enjoy like pasta or bread unless you actually HAVE to (ie. life threatening allergy).... watch the portion sizes by all means, but giving them up without a diagnosed medical reason just doesn't make sense to me.

I eat what i want - just smaller portion sizes of the stuff that isn't so healthy (usually, though not always) and make sure that the majority of my diet is made up of healthier choices. That works out well for me.
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Not a thing! If I'm craving something, I work it into my calories. I definitely don't eat certain things as often, but I don't deprive myself of anything.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!