Hundred Pushups Group - Starting TODAY!

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
http://hundredpushups.com/

I am going to be starting the program today, and want to bring as many of you with me that are willing.
Check out the site above and let me know if you're interested. I will post my results this evening after I'm done with my 5k.

Also, I will be using the "Perfect Pushup" contraption that I purchased from GNC. Finally need to put that thing to good use.

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, this is exactly what I've been looking for!!!!!!

I'm doing the C25K, but I wanted something for my walking only days - that would help strengthen my upper body. I'm a single mum, and can't afford gym equipment or a gym membership so this is just perfect!!!!!!!!

I'm in. I may have to repeat weeksr, and I have a floating clavicle so I'm not sure how that will effect it (I'm going in to this figuring it won't effect it at all!) So we'll see!

Thank you for this!

Geeze. Did Initial Test. Can not do regular pushups. Even one. :noway:

Did 6 using the recommended alternative knee push up. So, I'll be starting using that style using the second column, which looks doable. Boy. Maybe one day I'll be doing the regular push up though!
  • muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Options
    Doing it. For sure.
    Just lemme get my run in first.
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    I'm in I have had the program printed out for a while and have been wanting to start. I just finished a triathlon yesterday and all the training that went with it. So this week I have to decide my new training program. The hundred push ups sound like a good component.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    ok ya lil sweeties i am in too!!!!

i started this at the beginning of summer but it totally fizzled out.....:grumble:

i have also wanted to start a strength training program so this would be a great start.

i am going to do a classic push up. it may take me longer to progress but i want to show my boyfriend

i don't need to do no girly push up!!! :laugh:

headed for the walk now and coming back to do the push ups. i will keep you all updated.

good luck today:flowerforyou:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    count me in! :smile: i'll do the initial test tonight when i get home! GL!
  • elysetoplin
    Options
    i'll give it a shot...i was never the greatest at push ups so it would be cool to change that. i'll try it out at the gym this afternoon. also, one of my friends has the perfect pushup thing and loves it so good luck with that!
  • laughingfox
    Options
    Fun! I want to do this!

I just did the initial test, and could only manage 5 without getting sloppy. I guess I'll start out at rank 1! I used to do 25 to 50 in high school aerobics class...well, I guess this is my chance to get that upper body strength back!

Thanks for posting this!
  • Landon669
    Options
    I'm in. Need to get back to doing them anyway...now to get motivated on sit ups too...
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'll have to do the test tonight so my husband can watch and make sure I'm not cheating :blushing:
  • ja2009
    ja2009 Posts: 60
    Options
    I'm up for the challange. Did the intital test. I am in rank one. I was only able to do one 7 knee pushups, and one reqular pushup.
  • ja2009
    ja2009 Posts: 60
    Options
    I'm up for the challange. Did the intital test. I am in rank one. I was only able to do one 7 knee pushups, and one reqular pushup.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've been trying to increase my "girlie" pushups, this program looks great!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Brother!

I started this challenge once before but fell out when I went started packing and moving...I don't know why life changes always throw a wrench in my exercise time...I want to learn how to be one of those people who workout no matter what's going on in their life.
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    I am in too. i will do this on my off days from C25k.
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    does the 'wall pushups' count to?

i can't do a regular pushup to save my damn life, and i've tried the knee ones, but those put way to much pressure on my wrists (i have bad wrists, ankles and knees....i'm falling apart, lol)

if wall ones count i'm in!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    does the 'wall pushups' count to?

i can't do a regular pushup to save my damn life, and i've tried the knee ones, but those put way to much pressure on my wrists (i have bad wrists, ankles and knees....i'm falling apart, lol)

if wall ones count i'm in!

I'd say go for it. Build up strength slowly. Once you've built up strength from the wall ones, try the knee ones.
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    I'm in!! I will do the initial test when I get home from work.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I am in also, just looked at the site. I have to do girly push-ups because I have never ever been able to do one push-up, even in high school!
  • sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I completed level one "girly" pushups a month ago...time to see if I can do the medium range. Still girly style tho! No where near strong enough to do the real thing...

Sherri
  • muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Options
    Doing it. For sure.
    Just lemme get my run in first.
    Just finished the initial test. 34 no nonsense pushups before collapsing halfway on the 35th. Alright. I start week three then.. Should I start later today when I'm feeling less tired? Tomorrow? Is there a significance to when you officially start?