How Often Do You Step on the Scale?

Options
124»

Replies

• mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily after waking up and going potty just out of pure curiosity (and because I'm obsessed with it LOL). However, my official recording weigh/measure day is every Friday.

I pee, step on the scale in my PJ's and peel them off to see much they weigh. Then if I have a good morning poo, I'll hop on the scale again.

This may be tmi, but I have lost 2 pounds in one poo a couple times! I had just weighed, then like five minutes later I did my thing, hopped back on, and was like, "No way!" Other times, I'll be sure that happened, but with no exciting results.
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I weigh 3-4 times a week, but only log what I weigh on a Friday morning.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Once a week, every Sunday morning at 8am otherwise not at all. Sometimes it's down by the amount I want, sometimes nothing at all, last week WAAAAY too much. However despite that, here is my attitude towards the scales: They do not dictate my happiness, I do.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/ElizaF/Scales.jpg[/url] :smile:[/img]
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week - every sunday morning around 8am after ive been to the toilet! it gives out more accurate readings!:bigsmile:
  • emmaw1810
    emmaw1810 Posts: 11
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning before I eat or drink anything! I sometimes check my progress in the week if I have been eating bad it makes me more motivated if I have put on but I dont count this as my actual weigh in! I wouldnt do it every day as my weight goes up and down so much! xxx
  • CraftyPayne
    Options
    I weigh once a week . Last week I stayed the same so I decided to measure instead , I will continue to measure if I am not loosing . Any measurement going down has to be an improvement :tongue:
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i get on everyday.. record if i like what i see. if i don't i wait till wiegh in day th en record that. LOL. i do it every morning .. out of curiousity. but sometimes it hink i should just do it 1x a week or every other week or once a month. ;i need more wil powr for that though
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I do it on Saturday, to discourage mischief over the weekends, plus my girlfriend does it with me. I do it weekly, as a means to see progress and encourage to continue good behavior.
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to weight myself either weekly or every two weeks. Weekend is a 'cheat' so I tend to weight myself in the morning, before I eat on, Tuesdays. If I weight myself daily - it plays with my mind, frustrates me & demotivates me big time. If I do it every week or even two - I can see the effect (and I am satisfied) or lack of it (and I can try to find out what the issue is).
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself weekly. I used to weigh myself daily and it could be incredibly disheartening.
  • Dawn3218
    Dawn3218 Posts: 80
    Options
    Once a week, every Sunday morning at 8am otherwise not at all. Sometimes it's down by the amount I want, sometimes nothing at all, last week WAAAAY too much. However despite that, here is my attitude towards the scales: They do not dictate my happiness, I do.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/ElizaF/Scales.jpg[/url] :smile:[/img]

Very wise words! :flowerforyou:

However I am a morning 'wee and a weigh' girl - however I dont get de-motivated as I know weight can fluctuate.
  • essex_chelle
    essex_chelle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh too much, far too much they control me :-(
  • LisaGaimadi
    LisaGaimadi Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Currently, once a week...same day each week. Get up, use the bathroom and get on the scale naked.
    When I start seeing a greater loss, I will become that daily weigher...I have before and suspect I will again, but for right now I'm really trying to stick to once weekly.
  • leykisgirl
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I log my weight once a week
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Only weigh myself every 2 weeks. I measure instead every Sunday and log my measurements. Sometimes the scale my not move at all but I am losing inches. This is much more of a motivator than looking at the scale that does not tell the whole story.