Apple, pear, hour glass? Which one are you?

Options

Replies

• rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am definitely hour glass--which I have no problems with. I'm just trying to reduce some of the glass size!!!
  • thatgirllesley
    Options
    I'm an apple, unfortunately. I'd love to be an hour glass, but alas. :frown:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'd say when I'm on the chunky side, pear shaped. My hips, thighs and butt are the largest, but my boobs aren't far behind.

Now, I'd say hourglass, even though my hip are still a few inches larger than my chest. My butt will never go away (will always be Kim Kardasians long lost sister), but I'm working on narrowing out the hips and thighs. In my 30's weight started going to my stomach too, not much, but it seems to be hanging around for the long term now.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass and I like that shape.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple! Have you ever noticed that on TV programs that help people dress they always help the people who are pear shaped or hour glass shape? What abou the poor Apples?! or is there no way to dress to hide a big old belly? I don't think I've ever seen them help out banana shaped people either though so perhaps its not just apples that miss out?! :laugh:

I struggle with finding clothes to fit me (I'm an apple with a big shelf booty), especially jeans. Jeans that fit in the waist are so huge in the legs that I look like I'm wearing the MC Hammer pants. I've relegated myself to the fact that I'm going to have a mild muffin top no matter what now. :frown:
    This! Boobs, belly, not so much in the hips and thighs! Finding jeans to fit is hard - they fit in the hips and thighs but then I can't button them. Frustrating....
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    Hourglass :-)
  • rmchapman4
    Options
    If you carry some weight in your arms; You are definitely an hour glass!
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass for the most part, but my boobs got smaller as I lost weight.. and it took forever for my *kitten* to catch up. I was a pear for a good 3 months.. now my booty is shrinking so I'm back to an hourglass. Still not sure how I feel about loosing so much junk. :ohwell:
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Flubber here.
  • rmchapman4
    Options
    100% hourglass and very happy to be one! :)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple/hourglass. I don't really like it! When I gain weight, it's distributed mostly evenly but a little extra of that is in my stomach. If I had to choose one of those, I'd say apple.
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    I'm an hourglass--I seem to lose weight evenly all over. But I was glad that my proportions have pretty much stayed the same--and I'm 38-28-38 now!
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm a pear? (Measurements are 33-23-34).
    I think hourglass is the most attractive!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    pear with hour glass waiste
  • rmchapman4
    Options
    100% hourglass and very happy to be one! :)
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I'm a banana
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I always thought I was pear but apparently I'm hourglass :S?! Lol, my ladies apparently look bigger than they are, but they're a 32B :P
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple! Have you ever noticed that on TV programs that help people dress they always help the people who are pear shaped or hour glass shape? What abou the poor Apples?! or is there no way to dress to hide a big old belly? I don't think I've ever seen them help out banana shaped people either though so perhaps its not just apples that miss out?! :laugh:

I struggle with finding clothes to fit me (I'm an apple with a big shelf booty), especially jeans. Jeans that fit in the waist are so huge in the legs that I look like I'm wearing the MC Hammer pants. I've relegated myself to the fact that I'm going to have a mild muffin top no matter what now. :frown:
    This! Boobs, belly, not so much in the hips and thighs! Finding jeans to fit is hard - they fit in the hips and thighs but then I can't button them. Frustrating....

Unlike pants that are too big in the waist, if they're too big in the butt and thighs, they can't be easily altered either. So irritating...

My shelf booty doesn't help either because pants designed for "apples" show crackage on me.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options

Gok wan helps apple shapes in his show! You just need to focus on making sure your jeans have enough flare to them to even out your shoulders and make your stomach look smaller. Also, I find low-cut tops distract attention away from my stomach, but that might not be the best method! :laugh: (Also, go for things that look tailored like button down shirts and blazers.) Ok, I'll shut up now.
  • jessabethheather
    Options
    Hourglass -- 36 bust, 28 waist, 37 hips (but 40 at largest part of my bum, lol). I've always loved this shape. I'd like the hips to go down a bit though!