Apple, pear, hour glass? Which one are you?

Options

Replies

• kalyy
    kalyy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm like an apple/banana/pear shape lol but when I lose the weight in my waist I'll be apple/pear shape because of my fat arms. :/
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My shape is FIRE PLUG! Short and made of cast iron. I think all shapes can be beautiful.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple! Have you ever noticed that on TV programs that help people dress they always help the people who are pear shaped or hour glass shape? What abou the poor Apples?! or is there no way to dress to hide a big old belly? I don't think I've ever seen them help out banana shaped people either though so perhaps its not just apples that miss out?! :laugh:

I struggle with finding clothes to fit me (I'm an apple with a big shelf booty), especially jeans. Jeans that fit in the waist are so huge in the legs that I look like I'm wearing the MC Hammer pants. I've relegated myself to the fact that I'm going to have a mild muffin top no matter what now. :frown:

Gok wan helps apple shapes in his show! You just need to focus on making sure your jeans have enough flare to them to even out your shoulders and make your stomach look smaller. Also, I find low-cut tops distract attention away from my stomach, but that might not be the best method! :laugh: (Also, go for things that look tailored like button down shirts and blazers.) Ok, I'll shut up now.

I always go for flare or boot cut jeans and tops that help balance me out. I have very narrow shoulders, big boobs, shelf butt, and a belly.

Low cut tops do wonders for apple shapes. Totally agree! :)

Blazers would be perfect for you then, if you have narrow shoulders. I don't! Even at my smallest, my mother in law said "Wow, for someone who's lost so much weight, you still have such broad shoulders." As if I should try and lose that little bit of shoulder bone or something to make them smaller!
  • tammymonley
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Definitly, the dragon fruit... Short and oval....
    Too funny...
  • veggieshark
    veggieshark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Underboob: 34
    Waist: 23
    Hips: No clue, but porportional to my boobs

Hourglass I suppose. I have a tiny waist and obnoxiously big tits that I try my best to hide (34DD) and curved hips I suppose. I have no *kitten* from the side, though, since I'm underweight or whatever.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple! Have you ever noticed that on TV programs that help people dress they always help the people who are pear shaped or hour glass shape? What abou the poor Apples?! or is there no way to dress to hide a big old belly? I don't think I've ever seen them help out banana shaped people either though so perhaps its not just apples that miss out?! :laugh:

I struggle with finding clothes to fit me (I'm an apple with a big shelf booty), especially jeans. Jeans that fit in the waist are so huge in the legs that I look like I'm wearing the MC Hammer pants. I've relegated myself to the fact that I'm going to have a mild muffin top no matter what now. :frown:

Gok wan helps apple shapes in his show! You just need to focus on making sure your jeans have enough flare to them to even out your shoulders and make your stomach look smaller. Also, I find low-cut tops distract attention away from my stomach, but that might not be the best method! :laugh: (Also, go for things that look tailored like button down shirts and blazers.) Ok, I'll shut up now.

I always go for flare or boot cut jeans and tops that help balance me out. I have very narrow shoulders, big boobs, shelf butt, and a belly.

Low cut tops do wonders for apple shapes. Totally agree! :)

Blazers would be perfect for you then, if you have narrow shoulders. I don't! Even at my smallest, my mother in law said "Wow, for someone who's lost so much weight, you still have such broad shoulders." As if I should try and lose that little bit of shoulder bone or something to make them smaller!

Good to know! I have to go today to buy a suit for a presentation next week. I will go look for blazers. :smile:

Thank you!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Strawberry still larger on top but my shoulders are not as wide anymore. But with the right dress I can appear to be hour glass.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Pear! Boobs are non existent, but my hips sure aren't.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    So I was in denial for a while :laugh: lol but I am considered a pear shape (as of now), but I am definitely working my way back down to an hour glass!
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Pear!!! All the way!
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Haha, can you be none of the above? I am basically straight up and down, proportionate body....I used to think I was hour glass when I weighed more, now I am seeing that my hips and waist are really not too different. I think there is a 3 inch difference between my waist and hips. I am trying to change that with heavy lifting! :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Pear-ish hourglass? I've got broad shoulders to offset the hips and a narrow waist but the girls have gone away (much to my husbands great dismany!)
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass and I'm not too mad about that, to be honest.
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    If you carry some weight in your arms; You are definitely an hour glass!

Which is why this hourglass (40.25-31-40.25) would like to be a pear. My upper arm is ginormous and since I'm shorter all the pictures that get taken of me with other people cut me off right across the chest (34E) and fattest part of my arm. Makes me look easily 30 lbs heavier. AND I'm getting married in September in a strapless gown which thankfully de-emphasizes the chest a little but my under arm back flab looks terrible in it. Plus since I turned 30 I have this pooch on my stomach that is very resistant . Its really hard to find clothes that don't make me look like a brick. However I have all these pear friends losing weight and they just have these teeny tiny petite shoulders and arms that lose weight. So jelly....:grumble:
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    I hope to be an hour glass again someday. Right now I am considered pear shaped at 34", 31", 39" (no thanks to my small boobs) :smile:
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    For those having trouble determining their shape, I found this online: :flowerforyou:

Ruler

All three measurements tend to be relatively close with no significant differences between your chest, waist, and hips
    Common measurements: 34-30-35, 36-33-37, or 40-36-42 (notice how there is less than a 5-inch difference between any of the measurements)

Hourglass

The measurements between the chest and hips are relatively close
    There is at least a 6-inch difference between your chest /hips and waist.
    Common measurements: 33-26-33, 36-30,38, 34-28-35, 39-32-38, or 42-35-44 (notice how there is less than 3-inch difference between the chest and hips)

Pear

The measurements between the chest and waist are relatively close
    There is at least a 6-inch difference between your waist and hips
    Common measurements: 34-30-38, 36-30-44, or 32-28-39

Cone

The measurements between the waist and hips are relatively close
    There is at least a 6-inch difference between your chest and hips
    Common measurements: 36-32-30, 40-36-33, or 34-30-29
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    My current measurements, as of last month, are approximately 40/32/41, making me an hourglass.

I'd really like to get my waist under 30, and my hips under 40. Working hard!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    definitely a pear shape!

ETA- 31-24.5-35

i see celery
  • Dragonfly7701
    Options
    A large hour glass LOL
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between an hourglass and a pear (more likely a pear since my hips are a fair bit bigger than my boobs) - my measurements are 40.5" - 33.75" - 46"