4/20 is "Weed Day"?

Options

Replies

• Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    If you live in or move to BC, I'm pretty sure this is on a test they make you take. If you don't know what 420 is then you can't live here. I can't/don't smoke it, but I have butter - it's just as good!

I'm making these for the occasion with my herb infused butter :)

http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2011/02/01/red-velvet-cheesecake-brownies/
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    so-you-think-youre-special-how-cute.jpg

Well, I did...:wink:
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Time to break out the "I can't believe it's not butter", bacon, and strawberry amish jelly....

What...Skitty is the only one who would get that :sad: :smokin: :sad:
  • ANewMaria2014
    ANewMaria2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Nope you are the only one, I didn't know either!!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    How are you guys going to combat munching on EVERYTHING tomorrow? I think the only way I can manage is to lock myself in the room and not even think of food.
  • lisalis626
    Options
    More importantly -- it's my birthday. It's one of the first things people say to me when they find out my birthday is 4/20 (number 2 being "yikes, you share a birthday with Hitler"). I'm not a smoker (or haven't been since high school) so I don't find it as cool as others do. I do however, think it's cool that I share a birthday with Joey Lawrence. haha ;) Whoaaa!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    lol just recrossed the path of this thread at 4:20
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    In Ottawa, you can go to Parliament hill (Canadian White house lol) tomorrow and openly smoke weed, the cops just chill and walk around talking to people. I went in high school and the cops were just there to keep the peace. It was a bunch of poeple smoking weed so it was actually very peacefull haha
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    lol just recrossed the path of this thread at 4:20

:smokin:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I can't wait till tomorrow now!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    In Ottawa, you can go to Parliament hill (Canadian White house lol) tomorrow and openly smoke weed, the cops just chill and walk around talking to people. I went in high school and the cops were just there to keep the peace. It was a bunch of poeple smoking weed so it was actually very peacefull haha

anything that makes people talk about life and mellow out and smile and eat is obviously the devil. Just like foozball.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    More importantly -- it's my birthday. It's one of the first things people say to me when they find out my birthday is 4/20 (number 2 being "yikes, you share a birthday with Hitler"). I'm not a smoker (or haven't been since high school) so I don't find it as cool as others do. I do however, think it's cool that I share a birthday with Joey Lawrence. haha ;) Whoaaa!

Yikes! You, Joey & I should raise a glass together tomorrow...at 04:20.
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    Ya! I live in Vancouver so I'm well aware of 420. Thats all I have to say about that. :wink:
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Happy 4/20 PEEPS!! :smokin:
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i remember that from high school! 4/20 at 4:20 LOL!!! i never even smoked ;-)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Happy 4/20, b*tches!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    SOMETHING I FOUND ONLINE FOR YOU-ENJOY:smokin:

Today is 4/20 . . . How Did it Become Associated with Weed?
    Friday April 20th, 2012

It's April 20th, also known as 4/20 . . . the day everyone associates with WEED. So how did the number "420" become connected to smoking reefer?

It's NOT because 4-20 is a police code for a marijuana bust, like you might've heard. And it's not connected to Earth Day, which is two days later.

The consensus is . . . it's just a slang term from a group of stoners that managed to catch on.

Apparently, back in 1971, some kids at San Rafael High School in California used to meet outside the school to smoke weed every day at 4:20 P.M.

So their code to meet was "4-20." They eventually started using "4-20" to describe EVERYTHING related to marijuana . . . and the term spread when they used it around traveling GRATEFUL DEAD fans, who adopted it.

Eventually, "High Times" magazine heard about the "4-20" term through the Dead fans, and took it to an even wider audience. And since April 20th is 4/20, it became the unofficial holiday for weed smokers. (Huffington Post)
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I heard people actually got up at 4:20 am to smoke?

Are they serious???
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I heard people actually got up at 4:20 am to smoke?

Are they serious???

We go hard in the paint. :)
  • kasafrass
    kasafrass Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm a former weed smoker, and I just heard about this last year. People were talking about 4/20 on facebook, and I was like "huh?"

You definitely weren't a heavy pot smoker, then.

^this