Most ridiculous food offered in a restaurant?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Kailel
    Kailel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What's ridiculous to me is the quantity and quality of food being offered in American restaurants. Anytime we visit the US we are utterly astounded at the sheer volume of unhealthy food being sold and consumed. The worst culprit being the all you can eat buffet. It's a sad and frightening experience to see so many morbidly obese parents with their overweight children, quite simply gorging themselves as if it's the last meal they'll ever eat. The portions at fast food chains are typically at least twice what they are in Canada. You just have to look at pictures of people over the course of the last hundred years or so. It's interesting to note that people's weight gradually started to increase over the past 50 years, as the popularity of fast food increased and we moved from a culture where only one parent worked outside of the home, therefore making it much easier to prepare healthy home cooked meals with fewer processed, fat laden foods in our diets. Absolutely no offense intended toward my American friends. Just noting an observation. The problem exists here too, it just doesn't seem quite as severe. Perhaps because our population is 10 times smaller.

I went to London from my home in Nova Scotia, and the fast food portions there are even smaller than ours are... and my boyfriend just got back from Boston, where he said McDonald's sells nuggets by the 20s... and he and his friend got two boxes each. Terrifying.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    What's ridiculous to me is the quantity and quality of food being offered in American restaurants. Anytime we visit the US we are utterly astounded at the sheer volume of unhealthy food being sold and consumed. The worst culprit being the all you can eat buffet. It's a sad and frightening experience to see so many morbidly obese parents with their overweight children, quite simply gorging themselves as if it's the last meal they'll ever eat. The portions at fast food chains are typically at least twice what they are in Canada. You just have to look at pictures of people over the course of the last hundred years or so. It's interesting to note that people's weight gradually started to increase over the past 50 years, as the popularity of fast food increased and we moved from a culture where only one parent worked outside of the home, therefore making it much easier to prepare healthy home cooked meals with fewer processed, fat laden foods in our diets. Absolutely no offense intended toward my American friends. Just noting an observation. The problem exists here too, it just doesn't seem quite as severe. Perhaps because our population is 10 times smaller.

Yes! The portion sizes in America are insane, especially in the south. Smaller cafes and coffeeshops usually have more reasonable portion sizes, but the chain restaurants are horrible. One plate is usually enough for 2-3 people.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    The bloomin onion from Outback Steakhouse
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    there's a place that just opened here that serves a cheeseburger on 2 Krispy Kreme donuts.... :noway:

brunchburger.jpg

and, not technically a restaurant thing, but fried butter on a stick... :huh:

DSC02211.JPG
    *no, this is not me... pic I found as I REFUSED to even think about trying it*

I think I just threw up a little bit .... eeww!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    The Garbage Burger at McGuire's Irish Pub in Pensacola, FL

This just made me really excited because Pensacola is my hometown :D I used to love McGuire's! Haven't been there in years.

I think the most disgusting foods are the bacon/chocolate combinations. I mean, meat in dessert? Seriously? I'm a vegetarian so maybe I'm biased but that's just sooooooo gross to me. My friend made bacon brownies the other day. Blegh.

EDIT: Oh wait I changed my mind! Most ridiculous food... the KFC Double Down. I can't even.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Sickening. I haven't eaten fast food in years. Just the smell of it makes me queasy. I see a lot of people saying they are unashamed of the gluttonous consumption of this gross crap. I'll go ahead and be ashamed for you. :sick:
  • Bosbes
    Bosbes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Do you know this website? http://thisiswhyyourefat.tumblr.com/
    a lot of things posted on here could be on this website
  • jfig600
    jfig600 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nothing out of the ordinary where I'm currently from, but the lack of poutine in America makes me sad. Every one I talk to about it says it's ridiculous. It's a delicacy in Canada I tell ya! :grumble:

Poutine.jpg

I agree I would work out even more just to have that more often
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Sickening. I haven't eaten fast food in years. Just the smell of it makes me queasy. I see a lot of people saying they are unashamed of the gluttonous consumption of this gross crap. I'll go ahead and be ashamed for you. :sick:

I don't think anybody should be ashamed of eating fast food...I don't think people should be ashamed of eating anything in this thread for that matter...should we be ashamed for eating it all the time? Heck yeah....but trying these things and eating them once in awhile as a treat is nothing to be ashamed of. I am a very adventurous eater...that doesn't just mean I'll try parts of animals most people won't...I'll also try combinations most would be appalled by. It doesn't mean I'm going to go eat a krispy kreme burger or a mcgangbang every day.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    On the topic of McDonald's secret menu: The Land, Sea, and Air burger. Mm, *retch*.

THAT IS ONE LONELY *kitten* PICKLE UP THERE.

esq-land-air-sea-burger-111511-xlg.jpg
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    All these food pics are gross they are all screaming out heart attack food lol!

The one I have never understood is a battered mars bar from the chip shop, yuck!!!!!!!

x
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    a facebook friend had posted this one a while back - I had to stalk his page to find it:
    The Bacon Explosion -
    500-bacon_8343.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.81.JPG
    188-IMG_8413.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.81.JPG
    uses 2 pounds of bacon and 2 pounds of italian sausage. Plus more bacon inside the sausage mixture....
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Nothing out of the ordinary where I'm currently from, but the lack of poutine in America makes me sad. Every one I talk to about it says it's ridiculous. It's a delicacy in Canada I tell ya! :grumble:

Poutine.jpg
    mmm poutine
    i saved up 700 cals
    just to have a small poutine from NY fries
    and it was awesome!