Thin but not gorgeous?

Options
Alright. I'm 5'4" about 100 lbs. I have nice features and stuff so I'm talking about my body shape in general. I thought if I lost weight I would have a nice body and look gorgeous. I was aiming for a really nice bikini body basically. So I lost weight and now I'm a nice size but I still am nowhere close to a bombshell body. I think it's because I'm not toned. Does anyone have any exercise routine suggestions that will help me get that nice toned look?

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Toned does not mean anything.
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options
    What do you mean by that?
  • skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat, although I'm not as thin as you! I feel good in clothes but in a bikini I'm so unhappy, I need to tone up! Jillian michaels workouts help me a lot, try squats and lunges and there are hundreds of an exercises :)
  • atla_moves
    Options
    You need to do strength training. For bodyweight exercises, I suggest the book You Are Your Own Gym. For weight lifting, check out the New Rules of Lifting for Women book.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    What's that supposed to mean?

It means toned is just a fluff word with no real meaning.

The "toned" look is just a function of:

1. Losing fat
    2. Gaining muscle
    3. A combination of #1 and #2
  • coquette87
    coquette87 Posts: 114
    Options
    Go find something heavy. Pick it up. Repeat.

Seriously, if you want to be hot, you need heavy weight training. Check out Stronglifts 5x5 or New Rules of Lifting for Women. High weight, low reps is what is going to get you the body you're looking for.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Because there is no such thing as ""toned"" You are a prime example of people who do not lift weights while cutting weight and have lost lean muscle at the same time as fat. All isnt lost though, start a weight lifting program and you will get that bikini body that your looking for.
  • Eccendentesiast
    Options
    I'm in the same boat >.< I thought once I got down to 128 like I am now (5'8" in height) I'd have that sexy bikini body I've always wanted, but because I lost it so quick, I'm no where near the sexy bikini bod as I have a lot of loose flab on my stomach.
    I started doing ZWOD http://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight and I can already start to feel a difference.
    But if anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them also haha.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Pixie, what everyone is trying to say is for you to do some serious weight training. It will shape and sculpt your body.
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Your profile suggests your issues may be more mental than physical. Your ultimate goal weight is 88 pounds, so apparently gaining muscle is counter to your aims. I would suggest you seek counseling to address your body image problems. I've had an ED - your profile is rather textbook...

However, if you are focused on building a healthy body, weight training will benefit you enormously.

And if you are younger than 18, as your description implies, you should not be using this site at all.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    being thin by makes someone gorgeous

:laugh:
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Your profile suggests your issues may be more mental than physical. Your ultimate goal weight is 88 pounds, so apparently gaining muscle is counter to your aims. I would suggest you seek counseling to address your body image problems. I've had an ED - your profile is rather textbook...

However, if you are focused on building a healthy body, weight training will benefit you enormously.

And if you are younger than 18, as your description implies, you should not be using this site at all.
    Thank you for pointing this out.
  • samanthanic0le
    samanthanic0le Posts: 81 Member
    Options

"I want to be dainty. I want to be thin. I want my hip bones to poke out. I want my collar bones to be seen. I want to be able to count my ribs. I want to be able to stand and not have my thighs touch. I want to look fragile. "

I don't think she's worried about health. :(
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options
    My friend thinks I'm too skinny so she changed my info messing with me. And I'm not younger than 18 I'm actually older. 18 was just my favorite age so I used it. And I do want a healthy body which is exactly why I'm asking for exercise routines to help me gain muscle and help me get toned and to look good.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Start lifting sister!!! or AT LEAST doing some circuit training! It doesnt even have to be fancy... Jillian Videos started me on my transformation from skinny fat to "toned"...defined and muscular.

Also look at your body OBJECTIVELY in the mirror, I am obsessing today about a one inch section of slight pudge below my shorts cuff, when clearly I am fine, and its all in my imagination...(based on the <
    profile pic i took thursday night)....which brings me to my last point.................take pictures to help you see the progress.. you might surprise yourself!

GOOD LUCK!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    P90X works all muscle groups....
  • LaRoux10
    LaRoux10 Posts: 19
    Options
    You do sound like you have an eating disorder. I had one too.
  • LaRoux10
    LaRoux10 Posts: 19
    Options
    You do sound like you have an eating disorder. I had one too.
    Oh, never mind.
  • samanthanic0le
    samanthanic0le Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My friend thinks I'm too skinny so she changed my info messing with me. And I'm not younger than 18 I'm actually older. 18 was just my favorite age so I used it. And I do want a healthy body which is exactly why I'm asking for exercise routines to help me gain muscle and help me get toned and to look good.

I hope you figure it out. Good luck miss.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You don't look flabby in your profile pic, but weight training is best for getting a tighter body. You can do intervals of full body exercises, plyometrics and calisthenics for cardio, in addition to weight training.