I hate water

Options

Replies

• FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Tea ftw!!

Loves me tea too! I always have four or five kinds in my desk drawer. Getting enough fluids isn't my problem. Truth be told, though, I am a bladder cancer patient and I don't have good bladder control. I try really really hard to stop all fluids by four pm but...
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I read the thread. I've just never heard of drinking 8 ounces of diet coke rehydrates you as much as drinking 8 ounces of water. That's all. lol
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I read the thread. I've just never heard of drinking 8 ounces of diet coke rehydrates you as much as drinking 8 ounces of water. That's all. lol

Did you read the articles from WebMD and Mayo Clinic posted? Can you accept that maybe, just maybe, just because you haven't heard it doesn't make it false?
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I wasn't refuting the fact that it was true. I am looking at this from a proportion standpoint.

I'm not saying caffeine dehydrates you, or that you don't get water from coffee, tea, milk, coke, etc etc. I'm just stating that I don't see how 8 ounces of water can hydrate/rehydrate as much as a diet coke. And I didn't see anywhere in those articles that said that it does.

Of course, it's entirely possible that I missed it.
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I add those non sugar flavor packets to my water!
  • timherrmann
    Options
    I've been drinking MIO for 8 weeks straight. I was on normal coake/pepsi and iced tea--in fact i was drinking 1200 calories in soda and iced twa per day. I love the MIO, and I've never felt better after getting off the caffiene...Haven't had ANY for the last 8 weeks, except for about 6 oz at my childs bd party. I hate the taste of plain water.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You could also try sparkling water, my favorite is La Croix. They have lemon, lime, berry, grapefruit and a couple more I think.
    http://www.lacroixwater.com/

I vote for LaCroix! :D Of course, you can always add 2 shots of Torani Sugar-Free Raspberry, Black Cherry, Lime, or Orange syrups if you need a little something more [http://www.torani.com/home/products]. But, I'm sure some anti-diet drink people will say No to the SF syrups.
  • GrannyLite
    Options
    I drink the flavored waters from any store that say all "O" zero (sugar sodium calories). I guess they arent as good as pure water but anyway, who knows whats in the tap. I like the flavors and it hydrates me.
    Sometimes I have trouble with water too and I cant force it.
    Usually the water is just different names in whichever store it's being sold in.
  • FormerTurboKicker
    Options
    I always hated water 2.I tried this Slim Quick stuff u add 2 water n it was awful,but I gave it a chance n after a couple of days drinkin ONLY that,I'm addicted 2 it.That's all I drink n am losin pounds cuz of it.Try it.
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This also happened to me. If I don't get enough water now I really do crave it, compared to before, where I might have only had a glass or two a day.
  • Bettysbaby
    Bettysbaby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I never been good about drinking water but I've gotten better since working out regularly and counting calories. I fill in with Gatorade or Powerade or however it's spelled. However you spell them were on sale last week. Fifteen 32oz bottles for $10.00. I can easily polish off 1 & 1/2 daily. Makes drinking plain water easier by alternating with the the flavored drinks.
  • Bettysbaby
    Bettysbaby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've never been good about drinking water but I've gotten better since working out regularly and counting calories. I fill in with Gatorade or Powerade or however it's spelled. However you spell them were on sale last week. Fifteen 32oz bottles for $10.00. I can easily polish off 1 & 1/2 daily. Makes drinking plain water easier by alternating with the the flavored drinks. Think the name may be Zero something, No calories, etc. Figure at least I'm staying hydrated.
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any water substitutions that would work almost as good as water, but taste better?
    Thank you!
    I like cold water with cucumber slices in it. In a pretty glass try different brands of water...Dasani is my fav
  • chasingbabes
    Options
    Caffiene will assist in dehydrating you. For every glass of something you drink with caffiene in it, you should add back that much to your total fluid content. That is coming from a physician.

SAY WHAT???:huh:
  • Suzeq27
    Suzeq27 Posts: 1
    Options
    Mio works well for me, it tastes great and has no calories.
  • kpb16
    kpb16 Posts: 7
    Options
    I don't like the taste of plain water either. Try squeezing fresh lemon juice into your water. It works for me.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I also learnt that the things we "hate" doing i.e. drinking water, exercise instead of lying on the couch, choosing healthy foods instead of junk - these all lead us to reach our goals and perhaps a lifestyle change. Everything I WANT to achieve in life - means doin a whole lot of things that I DON'T WANT to do.

That strikes me as sad. I was able to lose 98 pounds before finding MFP and without giving up anything I like. I don't believe it would be sustainable if I had to be miserable. I portion better, but I haven't given anything up and I'm not going to. I do exercise I like, not exercise I hate. I don't live for shoulds, and it works for me, just as it works for lots of people here. There is no evidence that plain water is healthier than water in coffee, tea, etc. and if she hates water there is no reason not to choose these. Read the Mayo Clinic information on water--any liquid you consume except alcohol "counts"as water. Why should people be miserable when they can be just as healthy and enjoy it?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

What makes you assume that I am "miserable"? Eating healthy, having the occasional treat (like you I haven't given up anything) and exercising has not made me feel miserable. More than anything I feel much happier now, I am slimmer and more energetic! I was only sharing this info from my own experience, I wasn't actually giving advice or telling OP about what she should do and yes I agree tea and coffee is mostly water, but I wouldn't recommend drinking soda pop or coke all day. Not for myself anyway.
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I went to Bed Bath ans Beyond and purchased a water/fruit infusion pitcher. I drink about 100 ounces of water a day and this pitcher makes it more enjoyable.

I fill the center tube with lemons, limes, oranges, etc and it makes the water taste much better.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17087690
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    chocolatewoman that sounds great, think I'll get one!
  • justineanni
    Options
    I too add the MIO to my water. I am not a big water drinker but this helps me drink my water for the day.