For all dog lovers

Options

Replies

• terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Baxter, age 7. Beagle mix, but ALL Beagle personality!
    In all fairness, I love my cat, Simmy, too. He'll be 19 next month!

19??? wow that is awesome! :smile:
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sadie - almost 2 years old - part pitbull, boxer, whippet, hound and whatever else is in her. We have been tempted to do the DNA test to get a full breakdown. We are just curious since we can tell there are all kinds in her.
  • papertester
    papertester Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We adopted a pair of West Highland Terriers that were rescues. We lost the female to bladder cancer but the male is still with us and doing pretty good at 13.

We have become active in animal rescue with Pilots-N-Paws as volunteer pilots. Check the web site pilotsnpaws.org...
  • kandire
    kandire Posts: 87
    Options
    Djinn (pronounced Gin) who is a 6 year old black and tan lab.
    Rid**** who is a 10 week old husky/ American bulldog mix.

Rid**** wasn't planned but I couldn't watch him go to a possibly bad home or the pound so he became mine. The two of them keep me on my toes while my hubby is traveling so I'm happy to have them both.

(edit) wow it blocks out the last part of my puppies name. Kinda stupid. Well the last part of his name is a nickname for Richard.
  • emgs52
    emgs52 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    My babies are Rex male border collie age 13
    and tinkerbell female age 2 pom/chi
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Kakao - GSD
    Kodi - GSD

I love my K-9's!!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Reese is my chocolate lab, we adopted her 3 years ago. Keeler (aka Boopy) is a mix, probably Rottweiler and American Bulldog. He "found" us just weeks after we got Reesey! (was running around on an expressway ramp...) Never planned on two, but she was an emotional wreck who was scared of everything in the world, and he was a puppy just excited with life. He adored her, she returned the love, and over the course of the last 3 years she has become a happy, well-adjusted playful dog and he is just the smartest and most affectionate dog I ever could imagine. We adore our dogs and are grateful every day that they found their way to us!
    I had a rottweiler named reese and was my joy....the best dog ever!! She got bone cancer and we had her put to sleep, hardest thing ever. I now have a poodle named sam. I love sam but he ain't reesey and it seems unfair to him that I can't care for him like I did reesey, but I do like the little thing pretty good. I however prefer big dogs.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    We have a 2 year old yellow lab named Rocky that I tookin when he was about three months old because his owner couldn't keep him.

The newest member to our family will be arriving here in a couple weeks. She is a mix not sure of what but her name is Hesco and thanks to all the generous pet lovers who donated money for her to puppy rescue mission she gets to come live with us in her forever home. She is coming all the way from Afganistan! She was sick and abused when my husband found her and he took her in and nursed her back to health. He has been taking care of her for about six months now and she will on her way here in a week or two! I'm a little nervous because she gets upset when she is away from my husband but he's sending a couple shirts with her to make her more comfortable. Can't wait to meet her in person and so happy she gets to escape that horrible place where she most likely would have had her ears and tail cut off to be turned into a fighting dog. We will take good care of her her!

:flowerforyou: She will be a very lucky dog I'm sure !!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Kitti, Australian, will be 6 yrs on May 1st.
  • tkay1949
    tkay1949 Posts: 11
    Options
    Oreo is (you guessed it mostly black with a little white in the chest) That was his name when I got him from our local shelter 10 years ago. My Vet refers to him as a "Maine Black Dog". In other words he's a litlle of this and and a little of that. A lot of retriever.
    He just got back from the groomers and he looks ten years younger. Do you think the dog groomer could do that for me?? Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend who loves dogs and MFP. lol. tk:drinker:
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have three fabulous wonder dogs!

Pidd - 7 yr old husky/rottie - adopted as a pup from a local rescue group
    Brandy - 6 yr old choc lab X (my profile pic) - rescued from a high-kill shelter in Louisiana & brought to Canada
    Amber - 2 yr old Mayan Malix (aka "street dog") - rescued from the streets of Cancun & brought to Canada

These are our "second generation" dogs; we lost our last "first generation" dog Tippy, a dobbie X, at 16 years old last November. I miss her terribly........
  • koneil83
    koneil83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    We have 2 babies...

Jinzo is our 2 year old, 3 lb. chihuahua. We believe he's the runt of the litter cause Im friends with a girl who has his sister from the same litter and she is way bigger than him. He is our baby and is the sweetest lil boy.

Mei-kou is our newest baby. She is a miniature pincher, which is a mix between a dachshund and Italian greyhound and has no relationship to the doberman pincher. She is 7 months old. She is about 10 lbs and beautiful! she is a very active pup.
  • momtimesone
    momtimesone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Tiny- male 7 years old Neopolitan mastiff
    Diva his sister 7 years old female neo
    oh and I am auntie to a 4 year old silky terrier named Gizmo who is also my walking buddy
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sigurd, German Shepherd, 3 years old.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Mandi - Carolina Dog/Lab mix -10 yrs old - Rescue
    Chi Chi - Chihuahua (apple head) - 6 yrs old
    Chloe - Chihuahua (apple head) - 5 yrs old
    CoCo Chanel - Chihuahua (apple head) (born w/out front legs) 5 yrs old - Rescue
    Cadie Sue - Terrier mix - 4 yrs old - Rescue
    Cobie (aka 'Lil' Man) (long-hair Chihuahua) 3 yrs old - Rescue
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Biscuit- female beagle (4)
    Gravy- male beagle (1)

Love my fur kids!!!! :happy:
  • LoveLivingHealthy
    Options
    i have 2 dogs who are my life :)

My oldest (yet he's still a baby who loves to be held all the time haha) is Tucker. He's a chihuahua/poodle mix and he'll be 11 this year.

And then there's my little trouble maker, haha, his name is Comet and he's turning 8 this year. He's cockapoo/shihtzu mix :)
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Biscuit- female beagle (4)
    Gravy- male beagle (1)

Love my fur kids!!!! :happy:

Great Names!!
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    "MAX" - Brindle Boxer - 1.25 years old
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member