Any of you ladies get rid of some serious back fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options
    Insanity totally changed my back!

nic+before+after+back.png

Now that I am done with it I am still doing some weights, running and yoga. Hoping all of this will continue to build more muscle in my back and keep it looking good!
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    General weight loss helps to lose the fat itself, weights help to get muscle definition.

Unlike some of those here, I haven't run a single k for weight loss and I've lost back flab.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I didn't do any specific exercises for back fat, but losing the weight got rid of it. I'm no longer overweight, and have no back fat. I walk, do some aerobics videos at home, hula hoop, some strength training and calesthenics - nothing specific but good, full-body workouts. Just get moving, and try to strengthen all your muscle groups.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options

Now that I am done with it I am still doing some weights, running and yoga. Hoping all of this will continue to build more muscle in my back and keep it looking good!

WOW! That's quite a difference! :) Way to go!
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Well good I'm getting encouraged :) I know you can't spot reduce and that you have to change all over BF % to see visible fat differences, but it's also good to hear there are some specific things people have done that seemed to help! I think I'm on the right path then, it just seems to be so stubborn and I've had it for so long that I have this fear that I will always have it. For some reason it bothers me more than my abs and arms, my other two high points of insecurity. Thanks everyone
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Holy ish!!!! Ok now I'm definitely doing Insanity after I'm done with P90X! I was maybe going to doing some J.M. in between but you've got me thinking going straight to Insanity is what's up!! Thank you so much for posting!!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    BUMP I want mine gone!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    General weight loss helps to lose the fat itself, weights help to get muscle definition.

Unlike some of those here, I haven't run a single k for weight loss and I've lost back flab.

I think I ran your Kms ;)
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    Exercises for the obliques are working for me.... my back is toning as my sides are going down as well. There are a variety of exercises to target these areas you just have to find which work best for you.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    My back is not where I want it to be but I have noticed terrific results with Billy Blanks Tae Bo. I have 5 of his videos and I look forward to my "dates" with Billy! I wish you luck!!

Tae Bo is my number one workout. I was about to recommend Tae Bo.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Besides losing the body fat (it will come off over time) do as many here suggested, weights. For me, working the shoulders, lats, obliques really helped shape up my back giving me some definition.
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Oh yes. Insanity is wonderful for back fat AND cellulite! The food piece is also critical here. Bad food goes to my back as well as thighs, and I find that even a week of eating super clean makes a huge difference combined with running and Insanity...Get your Turbo on, too. All that punching is incredible for the back!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Weights!! (as others have already mentioned)

Dumbell rows? Lat pull downs? Those should help, along with other back/shoulder exercise. Also deadlifts are great for the lower back, they work your whole core tbh!
  • nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options

Oh yes. Insanity is wonderful for back fat AND cellulite! The food piece is also critical here. Bad food goes to my back as well as thighs, and I find that even a week of eating super clean makes a huge difference combined with running and Insanity...Get your Turbo on, too. All that punching is incredible for the back!

How do you like turbo fire? How long are the videos? I haven't tried it yet.
  • chesbo
    chesbo Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been doing a combination of cardio for losing body fat overall and lots of exercises with weights for more definition and I can see a noticeable difference in my back fat. I followed some tips at http://getridofbackfat.org and got great results.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with most of the posters. Burn calories with some type of aerobic/cardio exercise for overall fat loss and add working out with weights for those beautiful back muscles. I actually went up in bra band size as I went down in cup size because I was losing weight but expanding the lat muscles! Plus, working my back helps me feel strong as those big muscles are strong!
  • dotido
    dotido Posts: 49
    Options
    I had rolls on my back. As I lost weight they went away on their own.

My exercise was just walking one hour a day. No special workout at all.

Good luck to you!