Single ladies (single girls AND girls in relationships).

Options

Replies

• Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My bf and I have been together for 4 years. He has said that he doesnt ever want to be married. His parents had a bad divorce and his mother had a second bad one... My parents, on the other hand, have been married for almost 30 years so I have a little more faith in the concept of marriage. I would never force it from him, because if the act would truely make him unhappy, why would I want to be the source of his unhappiness? Although I can see why it appeals to people, deep down I feel that marriage seems like just a piece of paper saying you legally own someone, and a complication if you ever do separate.
  • angemarie23
    Options
    My boyfriend hasn't proposed yet but when I fly back to see my mom this Summer I'm picking out our wedding venue. lol
    Well, it's like this....men love being married, we really do. We just hate the process of getting married. Women seem to love all the planning and ceremony etcetera, but if any one topic seems to last longer than a football game we lose interest in it very quickly. Marriage yes by all means. My wife is my best friend and I would never want another. But truthfully, I could have done without the headache of planning, the ceremony, the enormous expense. MOST men would just as soon hit a J.O.P, a good party with friends and family,(with no drawn out speeches and long sit down meal), then off to a good expensive lengthy honeymoon trip. Ahhh...It's nice to have a penis and be immature until we die. By the way, if any men answer and say they absolutely love planning weddings and ceremony I would wager they are gay or lying on here for some attention....keeping it real!

We had a small (in my family's living room and back yard) wedding and then took off for a week long honeymoon. We normally can't afford a lot so traveling and staying at nice resorts was awesome! I still remember all the places we went and how nice the weather was, and that was my favorite part. I don't regret for one minute not having a big fancy wedding. In fact, it was nice to just have close friends and family there...and doing our own thing. I guess I'm not a typical female. Even if we had the money I still would have rather had a small wedding and save the spending for the fun part. :-)
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do. My boyfriend and I knew we wanted to get married a couple months into our relationship! We have been together for a year and a half, talked about rings, went ring browsing a couple times, and my brother is getting married this May. So f--- yeah I have the wedding bug. I ain't denying it!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I had ideas of what I wanted, but actually getting it done that way is another story.

I would have preferred more of a dance/party and then spent more on the honeymoon, although many guests said our meal was the best they'd had at a wedding. It was fun, I just would have done things differently. Meh. At the end of the day, I was married to the right man, and that's what matters.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    We were planning a big wedding but got so sick of the planning, expenses, and family drama that I stuffed my dress in a suitcase and we hopped on a plane to Vegas. We gad a big backyard party when we hot home. I have no regrets whatsoever. We were putting a down payment on a house while all our friends were paying off their wedding debt.
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend hasn't proposed yet but when I fly back to see my mom this Summer I'm picking out our wedding venue. lol
    Well, it's like this....men love being married, we really do. We just hate the process of getting married. Women seem to love all the planning and ceremony etcetera, but if any one topic seems to last longer than a football game we lose interest in it very quickly. Marriage yes by all means. My wife is my best friend and I would never want another. But truthfully, I could have done without the headache of planning, the ceremony, the enormous expense. MOST men would just as soon hit a J.O.P, a good party with friends and family,(with no drawn out speeches and long sit down meal), then off to a good expensive lengthy honeymoon trip. Ahhh...It's nice to have a penis and be immature until we die. By the way, if any men answer and say they absolutely love planning weddings and ceremony I would wager they are gay or lying on here for some attention....keeping it real!

I feel the same way about weddings and I am a woman. I don't understand why getting married has to be like putting on a show. I want to just go somewhere and get it done and maybe have a reception later on to celebrate.

Another girl in this boat.

Before I started my relationship about a year and a half ago, I never thought about my own wedding. I went to them, was bored in churches, and sat through suppers that had no ketchup for meat (grr). Some have been really pretty, a couple had nice touches that suited the bride and groom, but never have I been the one looking at dresses online and picking out my flowers.

Now though? Basically the same. I don't want a big wedding, even though I'm expected to invite my family which is about 75 people of aunts, uncles, and cousins on one side. I definitely don't want it in a church like it's expected of me. From Tumblr though, I have happened across some images of weddings but none were totally notable and I didn't find myself planning my big day really. Just a couple with fun sci fi, Harry Potter, and random themes like that I liked because they were awesome - but not for me.

I really just want a small wedding with a few people and something afterwards with the other people. No big affair, no puffy dress, no church, no beach wedding, just something simple. If it's at city hall, great. If I run away to Vegas, cool. I want the honeymoon though, that time to start my marriage off with him and so forth.

Too much hype is put into the wedding when I feel it's the marriage people need to worry about. So many people seem to get married just to have a wedding, to have their big day in the sun. Just another thing I don't want for myself.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nope - 39 and single so I'll never have a wedding anyway. Why bother.
  • elynnuh
    elynnuh Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    <---- SO guilty and it is quite embarrassing! We have been together six years, so I'm getting quite antsy.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I have my wedding planned out for whenever or if ever it happens.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I like to look at wedding "stuff" but I don't intend on having a wedding if I ever do get married. It just seems too stressful and I don't want any part of it. And I'm cheap too! So if I were to spend a lot of money on anything related to weddings, it would be for a rockin' honeymoon. :drinker: A vacation is so much easier to plan, in my opinion.
  • Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Options
    I find myself watching wedding tv sometimes.. and occasionally looking at the wedding tab on etsy. Its mostly for the dresses! :')
  • skittles8810
    Options

Ha Ha .. I'm with you on that one. I hate planning stuff. Me and my husbands wedding was at a cabin with a friend who was a preacher in the military. He was in his dress blues I was in a blue dress.. simple yet elegant lol.. cheap too.. my mom and dad paid for the cabin.. dress wasnt expensive either. My sis in law to be is spending over 10,000 dollars in her wedding... RIDICULOUS!! I want to smack her lol. I dont understand the waste of money.. dont you people want to live after the wedding. LOL
  • Labriska
    Labriska Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have no shame ladies i have the wedding bug big time can't shake it don't think i want to either. I'm single but i hope to be married one day, i have no clue about colours or dresses and hey the more i lose the more dress options open up i've always loved the mermaid/trumpet style......it will be a church ceremony but i totally can scrap the long speeches to get my party on...and i have a couple ideas on how to skip the huge guest list as well...I'm living in St Vincent & the Grenadines so Grenadines here i come (one day :D)
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    I've been married for almost six yeas, but I do the same thing. I didn't have a wedding, got married in camo pants and a black jacket with a purple skull on it lol, so I still dream about the whole perfect wedding thing even though I'm already married..
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    We were planning a big wedding but got so sick of the planning, expenses, and family drama that I stuffed my dress in a suitcase and we hopped on a plane to Vegas. We gad a big backyard party when we hot home. I have no regrets whatsoever. We were putting a down payment on a house while all our friends were paying off their wedding debt.

I think if me and the bf ever thought of getting married, I'd something like this. But no, I never think about it. I just enjoy him and life with him. The m word kinda scares me lol.
  • Presley0381
    Options

Umm you think you could talk to my fiancee because HE is the one that wants the big huge wedding with over 100 people church thing and all that jazz..UGH!! I even opted to get married by court and have a party..Nope he wasn't happy with that either. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of weddings...I love watching the wedding shows on TV...But I'm not that girl. I'm very simple and the lil things make me happy.
  • Presley0381
    Options

LMFAO!! I did not see the last sentence...Should have read all the way through...Let me just clarify...He wants nothing to do with the planning part....He voices his opinion but for the most part wants me to do everything which is even more irritating because again I could really care less...And he's not Gay lol!!! Just saying :laugh:
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I do! Even though I'm not technically in a relationship. LOL. I've had my idea of a perfect wedding dress in the back of my head for AGES. Not to mention I already know the colors I want to use, and the theme :)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I have lol .. even tho he has asked me about rings I like, we are not enganged yet.. Im still always looking at cute wedding ideas :)
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

LMFAO!! I did not see the last sentence...Should have read all the way through...Let me just clarify...He wants nothing to do with the planning part....He voices his opinion but for the most part wants me to do everything which is even more irritating because again I could really care less...And he's not Gay lol!!! Just saying :laugh:
    Ha ha ha! Mama's boy? Pleasing mama? Ha ha! Just kidding!