What is your WHY??

Options

Replies

• muppetsbear
    muppetsbear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I thought this was face book...no I didn't.

When you get to the point you have to do your pants up before you put them on because you can't reach around your own belly its time.

When your already bad back is made worse by excess weight its time.

When old age is not an option in your family for other reasons (cancer) why add heart attack waiting to happen to the mix.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    To see the person I am inside.

I think that i could be SO DAMN beautiful.

If that's you in your profile...you're stunning. Seriously :)
  • abberbabber
    Options
    To outrun the zombies. Or, at the very least, not be the chick at the back of the pack...

If the zombie apocalypse never happens, I'll settle for looking good and being healthy for any future kids I might have. Also, my family is very active and I'd like to get back to feeling comfortable on camping trips, hikes, ski trips, etc.

But really...it's about the zombies.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    lol I can so relate to many of you!! Except for being hot... that probably isn't in my future although I had my moment before I had 4 kids!!

Never say that! It can be in your future.....Being "hot" is so much more then the weight being gone. It's How you feel about you. I thought I would never be Hot ever again. I think it is as much mental as physical.

I look at your profile pic and I say the Hottie is still there!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My mom's wish, being lived though me.
  • Slee1977
    Slee1977 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Why!?!? Because my belly really jiggles when I run or do jumping jacks
  • Slee1977
    Slee1977 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    To outrun the zombies. Or, at the very least, not be the chick at the back of the pack...

If the zombie apocalypse never happens, I'll settle for looking good and being healthy for any future kids I might have. Also, my family is very active and I'd like to get back to feeling comfortable on camping trips, hikes, ski trips, etc.

Me too... totally out run the zombies
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I want to feel comfortable with my body, not like it is my enemy that is dragging me down. I want positive self esteem. Life has lots of worries and I don't want how I feel about my body to be another negative on the list.

Also, a little more "tangible" -- I want to be able to "keep up" with my army spouse. We have an active lifestyle, and I want to kick it up a notch so I can be a good running partner, among other things!
  • abberbabber
    Options

Me too... totally out run the zombies

<high five>!
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    Complete honesty- (AT FIRST) it was to please a former boyfriend by having a hot body.

Now--to please myself with an amazing hot body, and new crazy confidence! :)
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I had no idea about mfp until someone on fb wrote something about it. I had lost 5 pounds on my own before I joined, but joining here is the best thing I've ever done for myself and I'm here to get fit and sexy before I turn 40.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    lol I can so relate to many of you!! Except for being hot... that probably isn't in my future although I had my moment before I had 4 kids!!

You are very pretty! You can be as hot as you wanna be.
  • sjd1968ca
    Options
    This is my why.

1418fid.jpg
  • abberbabber
    Options
    It doesn't have a lot to do with the way I look...
    BUT...

I die when I'm going up a set of stairs and in all seriousness, if an apocalypse happens, I'd like to be able to take care of myself.

See?? I'm not the only one planning ahead! ^_^
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am here because I need some way to track what I eat, and this service is very good at that.

I want to be proud of what I look like, not just beause I own it beause I earned it.
  • abberbabber
    Options
    Because ff I'm slimmer I can escape the zombie horde faster, of course :wink: :tongue:

Seriously, though, because I'm sick of being fat, it's pretty much the only health concern that I can actually have any control over at the moment.
    Plus it's good for me to have my food intake written down so that I can see where I need improvement.

I'd also like to see the "pretty" person that my husband says I am.

Zombies again. Winning!
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    To look good naked.
    To inspire my kids to be active and healthy, and for them to see this as 'the norm'
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    To see the person I am inside.

I think that i could be SO DAMN beautiful.

Umm Honey you are beautiful already look at you :smile:
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    To live to see my children have children...to keep up with the teens that I teach...because I finally feel that I am worth the effort, and that my husband deserves a wife that can keep up with his appetite.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I miss who I was before I was injured in the Army and gained all this weight. I loved being a GYM rat before I was married.

that and my marriage fell apart, so I went back the the gym where I was happy