Single ladies (single girls AND girls in relationships).

1235»

Replies

• ShazMc73
    ShazMc73 Posts: 106 Member
    Not me....Not sure why either....I am 37 and never been married...Came close a couple of times though - way in the past....I am pretty sure that I am more like a man b/c I have issues with commitment I think...Not sure what is wrong with me b/c I am not like most girls/women who love all of the wedding stuff - never have been - Maybe that is why I have also never been married. I am not opposed to maybe getting married someday but I would just go to the Justice of the Peace or something like that. :)

I thought I was the only one.... !
  • petkova
    petkova Posts: 72
    Nah Huh .. Turning 24 this week and looking at my friends getting married just makes me think - I AM SO NOT READY FOR THIS LIFE .. I love being single.. i am growing in my career, i love spoiling me, traveling, meeting people, I love first dates and first kisses ... I have so much more to achieve before i can feel comfortable with saying the I do and settling down.
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    No, but then again im only 22 and im not trying to get married until im 30...I want to live life a little lol
  • I like to pretend that I am planning my future wedding. It's fun to think of wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses and what kind of cake will be served and etc. Except I am only 19 years old and single and loving it! Sometimes the thought of getting married soon is scary. I have to find myself first!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    I never once planned anything out about my wedding until a year before I got hitched. After I got married (I was19, he was 25 at the time. We're still together and very happy!) I really started watching those TLC wedding shows... mostly to go "Mine was better"... But also to see what other people did/do for their customs and weddings. I also had such a fun time planning my wedding I contemplated being a wedding planner, but I can't stand Bridezillas...
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    I never once planned anything out about my wedding until a year before I got hitched. After I got married (I was19, he was 25 at the time. We're still together and very happy!) I really started watching those TLC wedding shows... mostly to go "Mine was better"... But also to see what other people did/do for their customs and weddings. I also had such a fun time planning my wedding I contemplated being a wedding planner, but I can't stand Bridezillas...
    Haha, I don't care whatsoever about having a wedding, but Bridezillas is my schadenfreude. These people act like total jerks to everyone around them and as a result have an absolutely miserable time on this day they have obsessed about and spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on. Something is just very satisfying about seeing people get what's coming to them.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    I'm planning my wedding already and I'm 18! haha I love watching wedding shows, like Say Yes to the Dress and stuff, but honestly I want a nice formal wedding, but I want it to be small. Just close friends and family.

Also, what annoys me about the wedding shows I watch is when brides say, "It's MY special day... blah blah blah." Ummm, isn't a wedding supposed to be about you AND your fiance? I know most guys couldn't care less about wedding planning, but I want my fiance to feel some what involved. I want it to be OUR day and not just all about me.
  • TinaRodina
    TinaRodina Posts: 110 Member
    I wouldn't really say I've "planned" my wedding but I do look, occasionally, at rings and dresses. And I have a board on Pinterest for it. I really only get wedding fever when someone I know is getting married!
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 315 Member
    well... I have caught myself looking rings and dresses on Internet and lately we (both) began imagining how we want it to be.
    Instead, we may compromise with a really small wedding (just us, parents, brothers and sisters) because we can't afford anything more for now. We have been together 6.5 years and I began dreaming it when we first talked about it, a few months ago. No proposal yet although... :wink: :wink:
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    I'm sure we've all done it, even if we don't realize we are :)
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Do you all ever catch yourself looking at wedding stuff online and start planning a little in your head? A lot of my friends say they do or did, but I want to see if that's true everywhere. I just like looking at the rings, the dresses, the cakes, and the honeymoons (the fun and important things). I could just be crazy though.

NO! i am engaged and i HATE everything about wedding planning. OMG i had to hire a planner. it's too stressful! i want to feel like a guest at my own wedding and not have to worry about anything at all!

But...as anti-wedding hysteria as I am, I did buy my dress at the blow-out sale at Kleinfeld Bridal in NYC. I did not put all the hype into it like everyone else did, I just showed up, walked in, bought the 2nd dress I tried on, and left. LOL! Maybe I don't think the place is all that special because I am from NYC. It is just like any other store. I met all the people on Say Yes to the Dress, too. The dress is pretty, I am looking forward to wearing it on my wedding day. My mom picked it out.
  • lawmama_
    My friends have called me out on not wanting to. When they pull out wedding magazines or when we're shopping and they stop to look at rings, I tend to walk away. If I end up getting married, I really don't want to think about that stuff until I'm engaged. I have friends my age who have already planned every single detail of their ceremony and some even planned the date (despite being single). That really creeps me out.

RIGHT! I always thought that looking at wedding stuff ahead of time was just a way to completely JINX it! And no way did I want to jinx my chances of getting married. I mean, I'm a complicated person, I needed all the luck I could get to find someone to marry me hahahaha
  • lawmama_
    My boyfriend said he never wants to get married. I don't want to get married YET but I do eventually. We're still young so i know he may or may not change his mind :) but I find myself looking at wedding stuff very often :tongue:

He's never gonna marry you. Break it off now! Don't wait around for someone who's already told you he's not interested. He won't change his mind, guys never do!
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    No, never have. Except when I was engaged back in 2008-2009 but we broke up so I have some idea what I would like if I get married but I don't even know if that's what I want anymore. Marriage kinda scared me when I was engaged because I felt like since I couldn't have kids with my ex, there was nothing else to look forward to except death. :P

I don't want any biological kids ever (which is good because I'm 29 and I don't have any yet) I might adopt if possible but even so, marriage felt like the end of freedom.