Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - April Challenge!! Take 2!!

Options

Replies

• lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone another busy month ! Cant wait for summer break. At this point I just have to take a step back and focus on getting through this next month in once piece. With that said I apologize for not being on here as much but I am here in spirit! Looks like everyone is doing a great job and I will be back periodically to check in, but in reality I have no time till May to focus on much of anything but school.

Best,

Meghan
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    hey ladies! Super quick update from San Diego...

Trip is fun so far. The weather is NOT co-operating but we are trying to make the best of it. My raynaud's isn't helping, however :ohwell: Would love to be outside enjoying some sunshine a little more often. We've been eating and drinking loads but I am burning a lot and trying to have healthy snacks on hand. So although I am definitely eating over my cals, I don't feel too horrendous about it. I'm even eating ice cream in moderation :blushing: haha But damn if the local craft beer isn't WAY too enticing!

Tyler and I are traveling more as friends than anything else right now and I think that's where I see our relationship heading. It's a really tough situation right now and awkward for both parties. Not sure there's anything either of us can do about it - it just is what it is. Life's a b*tch sometimes :ohwell:

Anyway! Not to be a downer, of course! I'm on VACATION! :bigsmile: Hope y'all are having a great weekend. Pics to follow when I return. Much love to you all :heart:
  • fitontherun
    fitontherun Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Sorry, I haven't posted for a while. This past week has been a little bit hectic with tests, my honors thesis, and tornados.

abby459 and GuamGrly- Thanks for the words of encouragement :smile:

AFM- I was able to complete all my scheduled runs and go to spin class twice this week. This is a major plus, especially with the semester winding down. This morning I completed my longest run to date: 11.5 miles in under two hours. I plan on tapering during the next two weeks. i hope 11.5 miles is enough of a training distance to get me through the half marathon.
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Fitontherun - good luck on your race! What state do you live in? I live in Oklahoma and we have been having a string of tornadoes here.

Meag - im glad you are having fun on your trip. Im sorry the weather isnt cooperating. I won't worry to much about going over on your calories you are usually on point most of the time. I say enjoy your trip and have fun!

Meg- I remember those days! Just do what you can do and enjoy your college days, they end quickly.

Guam - Depending on the workout sometimes I'm hungry and sometimes I'm not. I worked at a Boys & Girls Club as their program coordinator right out of college. I really like the organization. I work now as HR for a non-profit organization that has a Boys & Girls Club partnered with it and still get to participate with their activities. I have found that Zumba is subjective. I've been to a good class where the instructor really worked you and they I've been to some not so good ones. You probably didn't need another heavy workout day after kickboxing and hula. The hot hula class sounds like fun.

AFM - I have been much better about my motivation and more on point eating. Hope for at least a 1 pound loss tomorrow! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Kendi
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    happy monday! we're starting on the 2nd half of april so reminder for everyone to stay on top of our goals.

meag - great job on shaving those minutes for your good friday marathon! how did you like SD?

kendi - i don't have any more cans at home (trying to cut down on my canned soup habit) so i'm still trying to do the 30DS with 5 lbs weights.. i'm still on level 2 but i might try to bump myself up to level 3 tomorrow. congratulations on finishing your first 5K! where are you going in hawaii? i'm flying off to kauai this coming saturday and i cannot wait.

bonniejo - i don't like running either.. i don't know how the rest of them do it!

eleanor - i would like to buy more JM DVDs.. which DVD do you recommend i should buy next after 30DS? i like playing tennis a lot even though i'm not great at it. there's nothing more satisfying to me than the tennis ball hitting the sweet spot.

deeders - we should definitely explore some hiking trails with beth in the future! it was the nutella at work that got moldy.. nutella at home doesn't sit around long enough to mold either haha. how was vegas?

AFM - i gained a couple of pounds over the weekend but i think it might be the alcohol and/or water weight (high sodium levels) so hopefully this is only temporary. hoping to make it out to my cardio barre class after work but i'd have to battle LA traffic.. not fun. also i lost inches in my chest area but not my waist.. am i going to end up as a rectangle?! seems like it at this rate.. well i also did lose some inches in my thighs. flying off to hawaii on saturday for a week! hopefully we'll be doing some hiking and snorkeling so i'll be keeping active.
  • abellone7289
    abellone7289 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Just dropping in to say I'm not going to be around much this week. It's Hell Week here at school. I have a 20 page paper due Monday, a presentation on Monday, and an exam on Monday. Eek! I'm getting through this knowing this is the last time I have to write a paper or suffer a hell week EVER! Woo!!!

I'll be back Monday after all my craziness.

Keep focused and have a lovely week!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    It feels like Wednesday today and yet it's only Tuesday.. hmm. I keep meaning to post on here.

Abellone- Good luck on all your papers and exams!!! It'll feel so good to be done!

Hippie- I definitely recommend 6 week 6 pack. You do see some abs at the end of the 6 weeks and its sweet!!

Kendib- That's great about staying motivated and eating better. I'm sure you will see that point!! keep us posted

fitontherun- nice!!!! congrats on your long run!!! it always feels good to go further then you've ever gone before :)

Meag- Guam- did you girls meet up? Curious to hear all about it!!!

Meag- How was the rest of the trip? sounds like a lot of fun! always seems like you get so much done in a few days!

ASM- Sunday i ran just under 20 miles. It was my longest long run ever and it was pretty tough towards the end but it definitely felt good to get it under my belt! It took almost 3.5 hours (3h28min).

I try and stay motivated by breaking up the run. I tell myself the first hour is warmup, then build into it in the 2nd hour and then by the time I get to the 3rd hour I think, okay just 10k left thats totally doable.. basically though anything after 3 hours is just survival mode. I run in a group which helps a tun. I run fairly slow and can usually chat during most of it. I also save my music for partway when I need a boost. Although this week my iphone just stopped playing music. arggg. i am not sure if my sweat killed it or what but if the bag of rice i'm keeping it in doesn't help then I will have to take it in.

Last week was also the most mileage i've done in a week, a bit over 40 miles. Yesterday i went to sports massage and it was definitely needed. The massage therapist said " I could have spent more time pretty much everywhere today. i hope I made a dent". He also thinks the tingling i've been getting in my arms is due to a former shoulder injury that's still there and causing something with the nerve endings in my arm. I definitely have to do some shoulder excercises to avoid future injury in tennis and vball :S

This week is a "rest week" where we will drop the mileage a bit. I finally feel i am eating healthier, making good choice, lots of healthy snacks (greek yogurt, carrots, green beans, pear) bringing lots to work so i'm not starving for unhealthy things. And it seems to be reflecting on the scale which is nice. I'm not logging because I won't eat enough if I do. I don't like using calories before I get them, and if I train at night, I eat too little all day and then end up with too many calories to use up at the end of the day. Wow sorry for the huge long selfish post. have a great day!!
  • qwerty07
    qwerty07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Eleanoreb- I agree that it feels like a Wednesday today. This week is crawling by! A 20 mile run is amazing!!!! Thanks for the tips on staying motivated through out the entire run. I am going to start looking for a running group as well I think...once it's over 2 hours I really get bored with conversations in my head and the i-pod lol. Did you meet your group through the running room?

abellone7289- Good luck on all your school work! Just think of how satisfying it will be once its all done!

hippiechel- Have fun in Hawaii! It's 10 degrees celsius right now in Canada (Toronto)..so I'm jealous!'

kendib- I'm glad you are having a good week!

Guamgrly- I went to a Toronto Jays game. The Angels game with fireworks sounds so fun! I bet your kids had a ball. ALthough I must say...when they play Toronto , I'm going to be rooting against the Angels!!!! Hope you are feeling better after this weekend! And your much deserved break!

I've been trying to stay on top of things, but work has been crazy again this week. I'm at 49 miles for the month...and we are just over halfway through...I feel like I might miss my target of 100 by, like, 5 miles! (Maybe I will run at 11pm on the 30th???) And strength training has been more like 2, rather than 3 times a week.
    I find when I get home late from work I am hesitant to work out because I don't want it affecting my sleep...but then when I work out earlier in the day it helps me sleep so much better! It's frustrating....there should be a 2-4pm work break time in offices for workouts :)!!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Lovelies!! Thought I would catch up with y’all while I wind down for the night.

Kendi – congrats on finding your motivation again!! I lose it and find it on a regular basis. I guess just as long as we continue to find it then we’re good. How did your weigh in turn out??

Chel – I avoid LA traffic at all costs. But I will be headed out that way tomorrow night…the 10 and La Brea but for a good cause so it all works out. Were you able to get those few pounds off yet? Have a great time in Hawaii!!!!

Manda – hope you survive the week in one piece!! Good luck girly!!

Eleanore – great job planning ahead!! I hate eating my calories ahead of time also. I work out at night so I try to eat a little of them but if that workout for some reason doesn’t work out then I have over-indulged in calories that I will never make up for. So did the iPhone survive? I have heard that method has worked for a few people that I know.

Qwerty – Our game is this Friday and will be just the first of many to come this season. Both of my kids are die-hard Angels fans. Its hard to explain to a 4-year old what offseason is. And when we drive by the stadium during offseason and there are cars in the parking lot, he feels as though I’m lying to him. So we are all glad that its baseball season!! And sounds like you are making the most of your ability to squeeze in the workouts that work for you. Love the idea of office workouts. We have a gym onsite at my work but we have been waiting for a waiver to be drafted for probably a year now. I have asked the big boss a handful of times. He finally admitted to me that he thought I was joking. So now I want to workout on my own and show him…ha!!

AFM…got my Turbo Kick and Hot Hula in tonight. Such an amazing workout. I really need to go and buy my HRM so I can see exactly how much I am burning during those classes. The Hot Hula really has me sweating just as much as the Turbo Kick class does. I have been getting up early this week and even managed to make breakfast before heading out. I think I am going to change my work schedule so that I can get off earlier. That one hour difference feels like it gives me so much more time.

Question of the Day – what are you going to do to keep yourself on track for the rest of the month?

Quote of the Day - “You are the only real obstacle in your path to a fulfilling life.” ~ Les Brown
  • fitontherun
    Options
    Happy Wednesday ladies!

Kendib-Yeah, I live in Oklahoma. Actually, last Friday's tornado hit a few miles from campus. Thankfully, nobody was seriously hurt in the storms. But still, it's crazy to think that a tornado touched down on streets I usually drive on.

GuamGryl- I love Turbo Kick, and everything else from Chalene Johnson. Once my half marathon is over, I plan on redoing a 12 week run of TurboFire or starting a TurboFire/Chalean Extreme hybrid.

To answer your question of the day, I plan on puttting my goals on my bathroom mirror so I'm constantly reminded of them. I hope this will keep me accountable and more motivated to stay on track.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Good morning ladies and happy Thursday :drinker: I wish there was a little emoticon thing for HOLY SMOKES I'M EXHAUSTED :noway: hahah What a week!

I'm sorry I've been totally MIA. Thought I would have some time to catch up while I was away and having a little break from all the gloriousness of Cali, but my internet time was seriously lacking and all my logging was via the mobile. Alas! Looks like you beauts had a great week without me... I'll have to post a much longer "catch up" when it's not 5 minutes before work-time but I just wanted to drop in and say hi! :bigsmile: Life is CRAZY this week trying to just get back on track, train for my 1/2 marathon next weekend, eat well, and catch up with life.

My trip, for the most part, was awesome! The weather, the people, the sights -- good lord, Cali is beautiful! -- and the beer/food! haha My body is unforgiving! I got in a few good runs though and tons of walking. Going to work hard to lose this vacation weight now and then I'll be right back on track... I think when I have a moment I'm going to revisit my goals and see where I'm at for the month. To be honest, I can't even remember what I set for goals. I set new ones when I got back from vacay, so we'll have to see if I should scrap the old and start fresh with the new :huh:

El - It was a HUGE bummer, but due to the relationship circumstances of my trip and traveling with Tyler, it wasn't possible to meet up with Bethany while I was in San Diego :ohwell: Our whole trip was really quite difficult on the relationship/personal front and I think that would have been the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak. It just means I have to make another trip out there!

Guam - Giiiiirl :sad: I'm sorry! Wish we could have met up. What a disappointment! Looks like you are doing awesome though and happy to see you back at TurboKick. Thank goodness for baseball season too! Next time I'm down in CA we'll have to catch a Padres game together. And don't you worry - It won't be too long before I'm back, baby! :wink:

fitontherun - So happy to hear that no one was seriously injured in the storms that hit your areas. It's definitely very crazy to think about - we have nothing like that up here (our most extreme weather is the cold/snow storms but nothing overly dangerous, just very obnoxious). Putting your goals on the mirror is awesomely cliche but whatever works! I love it! It's like straight out of a movie :bigsmile: I say do what works for ya! Thanks for sharing!

Abellone - Good luck on the exams/papers! Come and update us when you have a moment and you're all caught up! :flowerforyou:

Qwerty - I fully support the mid-afternoon exercise break from work! I'd love that - I completely know how you feel. By the time I got home and ready for the gym last night it was after 6pm, then I hit the gym and the grocery store and didn't get home until after 8pm and I still had to eat dinner, prep all my food for today, do the laundry and try to catch up with chores around the house. It's just a massive time sink some days and so hard to justify when you've been up since 6am. It's not a wonder people make excuses for being overweight and unfit. It's hard to fit everything in! We just have to remember how good it makes us feel, even when we're tired and would rather be relaxing. Never regret a workout :happy:

OK! Better jet. Have a fab one, ladies. Much love to you all - The week's nearly over so kick some *kitten* :drinker:
    Meag
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Ladies!

meag - I'm glad you had a good trip. I really like California but haven't been to the San Diego area yet. I think reevaluating goals in the middle of the month is a good idea if things change, like vacation. I love going on vacation but catch up back home and back at work has to be one of my least favorite things. The week after vacation always tends to me the most stressful.

fitontherun - That same storm came north of my town right by I-40. Luckily my office is downtown and I just had to worry about hail damage. I got stuck in Walmart last year during a storm and they had everyone gather in the back of the store, I didn't feel any safer. I'm glad no one was hurt.

Guam - I gained last Monday but I checked my today just to see and I am less than 1/2 pound away from 30 lost! I just don't need to self sabitoge like I did last week. I offically weigh in every Monday and won't record a weight until then. Thanks for asking. I wish my gym would have more classes like Hot Hula and Turbo Kick they sound like a lot of fun. I use my old university's gym cause I get the alumni price but some of the classes are through the day while I'm at work. I have planned my calories ahead and then not been able to workout so that I was over on my calories and I was so disappointed but if I didn't plan ahead I would either not eat enough or end up eating really late. Now I have one steady calories goal, regardless of exercise and have lost more than I was the other way.

qwerty - I agree about needing a break to exercise in the middle of the day. I find my evenings go my so quickly with working out and trying to get everything else done in time.

el - your running as always a inspiration for me to work harder. I'm glad you massage went well. I have been thinking about going back but am nervous cause my muscles are sore that they will strip a muscle or something. Hopefully, if I tell them I have been working out they will be more cautious.

AFM - I have decided to take a break from running for a while. We (the hubs, my brother in-law and his wife & I) started P90x this week. I am really glad that we are doing this together cause they will let you know if you are using bad form and encourage you to push yourself. I am glad that I started running first so that I have the endurance to get through the workout but am realizing that I have endurance and not strength. So hoping to build muscles so that it helps to burn more fat! I still have 43 pounds to lose.

Hawaii in 121 days!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Spin-A-Thon with Carl today!! :drinker: Hey ladies, I'm feeling good today!

Lots of stuff ongoing in life but I am determined to make today great. Heading out in a few minutes with my mom to look at some spring shoes for work and then coming home to get ready for my Carl-A-Thon this afternoon. I am so pumped to get to spin with Carl TWICE this week. It's making my day! :blushing: I've also raised over $100 for charity in the interim, so that's not too shabby either. Good stuff this weekend.

As you may or may not have read on your news feeds, things between Tyler and I came to a head this week and we finally called it quits. I am very sad to have lost my best friend, at least for the time being, but I know it's for the best. We had a great time together, as always, but the "crazy in love" just wasn't there anymore, and faking that to make it work just doesn't work for me. I know it will get better in time :ohwell: Just kind of sucks right now. I need to make an extra effort the next few weeks to get out and get busy with friends and loved ones to distract myself and not just use training and food as a crutch. That's going to be my biggest challenge going forward...

Kendib - Thank you! you should try to make it out to San Diego if you have a chance. There are endless awesome things to do! And yea, catch up when you return is awful. Definitely makes me eager to find a new job. I'm back to focusing on job hunting in my spare time now. So maybe this trip was a good wake-up call for me. No sense getting comfortable in a job that makes you miserable, right? Great to hear you've taken up p90x -- taking a break from running is not such a bad idea, especially if your motivation is waning. I've always thought that as long as you're moving and you're doing what makes you happy, any exercise/training is good in my books. Do whatever keeps you inspired and motivated! Sounds like you have a great support system. It must be great to have your family doing it alongside you :bigsmile:

OK Pals gotta run! Last little thing ....

Question of the Day – what are you going to do to keep yourself on track for the rest of the month?
    Remind myself constantly that there is no excuse to treat my body badly. I deserve to feel good, feel healthy and enjoy every day. Making good choices makes that possible, even thought it's not always easy. Keeping this in mind every time I am tempted to sabotage myself because of emotional eating, exhaustion, or any other reason. :happy:
  • qwerty07
    qwerty07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!!!
    I just finished my first race of the season- a 10k- and beat my time from last year! Yeah!!!! Love that feeling when you finish a race and find out your time was better than you expected! Even better was I ran with my sister part of the way (and she is very athletic-plays competitive baseball etc) and when I passed her she was like "wow I could NOT keep up with your pace." :)

So I guess one way I plan on getting myself to stick to my goals for the month is to remember how good today felt! The other key for me is always Planning, Planning, Planning. Planning meals and when I'm going to run/strength train. And to not be unrealistic and think I'm going to actually feel like fdoing a 12k run after a 10 hour work day, but instead do that run on a day off etc.

Megalayne- I'm so glad you are feeling good! Did you get fancy work shoes or more basic? Next to exercise I must admit shopping is also a great mood booster!

Kendib- I've heard LOTS of great things about P90X, and the results people get. Are you taking before and after pictures?

Guamgrly- That's so cute that your son is such a big baseball fan! Does he play baseball as well? What is a "Hot Hula" class? Do you use hula hoops? It sounds really fun!

Here's to the start of a great week!
  • fitontherun
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I don't have much time, so this post is gonna short. After my long run last Sunday, I was experiencing some gluteal/hip pain, so I was forced to back off on the running and cross train. I basically stretched and iced several times a day, and by Thursday, the pain went away. I was a little bummed because I wanted to complete my last long run (8 miles) before race day. But it's better to start the race feeling undertrained and healthy versus being overprepared and nursing an injury. This week, I plan on getting in about 2-3 short runs (and by short I mean 2-3 milers) and skipping Zumba. After Thursday, no running for me until Sunday (race day). It's only Monday, but I already feel like the week is going to be very busy. I have a major test and a paper due on Thursday, then Friday is race expo and my birthday party, I turn 22 on Saturday, and Sunday is race day. Man! I'm exhausted thinking about it.

Happy Monday!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Ok....I have been totally MIA for most of this month, but I am back now and I will try to catch up!!

Kendi - Congrats on your 5K!!! I love the pic and you did awesome!! I know you didnt get your goal, but you were sooo close!! Next time will be a lot easier!! Be proud!! And Hawaii?? Thats awesome, I have never been, but I hear its amazing!! And what great motivation for you.....vacations always help to keep me on track. My sister went their on her honeymoon and said there is some killer hiking if you want to get some exercise in! And I did P90X recently too.....its hard but I loved it!! Great workouts!!

Deeders - I love the quote "strong is the new skinny" I will keep that in mind!!! And I agree that fried foods are hard to avoid....I can easily skip the common ones like fried chicken and fish, but I am a sucker for sweet potato fries!! They are soo hard to resist!!

Bethany - Congrats on skipping the rice crispie treats!! I struggle with the food that gets brought into work too!! And passing up shopping for a workout??? You rock!!! Glad you had a good sweat!! Much better for the body and the wallet! And as for your question.....I am almost never hungry after a long workout, my hunger tends to hit full-force the day after a hard workout. Sounds like you have been doing awesome with getting your workouts in!! I am soo proud of you!!

Eleanor - Thanks for the recipe blog! I am always in need of new healthy recipes....I have so few in my arsenal and they get old after a while! I bookmarked you blog and will go through it all this weekend!! And a 20 mile run?? Congrats on that!!! You amaze me with all of your long runs!!

Abellone - First of all, Happy Birthday (I know its past now, but better late then never?)!! And I know how you feel with the home being a battle field...mine feels that way too!! Sounds like you managed well through the easter holiday and your birthday treats!! Good luck finishing that paper!!

Meag - Glad your enjoying your San Diego trip, even if it is a little awkward with Ty right now. Sorry that you guys are heading more down the friendship route, although its good that even if you arent together you can still remain friends....so many relationships end so badly that you can't even be friends with each other. I hope you figure things out once and for all either way!! And try to enjoy your trip and those local beers!!

Qwerty - Congrats on the mileage so far!! I think you'll make it if you put your mind to it!! I have totally fallen off track with mine, but oh well, I will be at it again next month! And I wish there was a work-out break during work too!! I work a 12-hour shift and I would love a break to workout and de-stress myself!! Congrats on the first race of the season and on the PR!!! Thats soo awesome!!

fitontherun - Happy (early) Birthday!!! And good luck on your race...I know you will rock it!!!

AFM - sorry I have been soo MIA this month. I have totally fallen off track....been in a funk and my diet and exercise have suffered greatly. I gained 3lbs in the past few weeks, and skipped a few days of logging. But I think it has pasted now and I am trying my hardest to get back on track. I worked 6 - 12hour shifts in a row this past week and it was horrible and exhausting. Left no time for myself or working out. I have only run about 3 times in the past 2 weeks and I have a race this coming Saturday, so thats no good. Its a 10K trail race...I am still doing it though!! Hubby and me are trying to plan a hiking trip out to the slot canyons in Utah for late summer. ( If you've never seen it try and google some pics, its amazing there!!!) I can't wait, I need another get-a-way!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Today SUCKED :explode: Seriously! So I am just going to quickly comment on all your awesomeness and then be off until a better day comes along...

Em- Missed you girl! Happy to see that you are eager to get back on track. We all struggle and fall off the wagon every once in a while. But you're re-gaining control, you're determined, and you're back to getting fit and fabulous :wink: And from what I can tell you have an awesomely positive outlook on life so I know that will help you immensely. Being negative and miserable makes it sooo much harder - trust me, I speak from experience :laugh: - so you're leaps and bounds ahead of many of us! :happy: Warmer weather should help us all, too. I can't wait to stop freezing my tush off and be able to spend so much more time outside. And hear hear on how tough it is to meet new people. I'm extremely outgoing and social, albeit quiet and personal when I am stressed and feeling overwhelmed, and still really struggle because I have NO clue where the heck to make friends! Let's both include meeting new people and putting ourselves out there as goals for May - what have we got to lose?

Abby - Welcome back to you too girl! And thanks for your kind words of support. It will just take time with Tyler and I, but I know we'll make excellent friends. He's a wonderful man and a great person all around. I am so grateful to have him in my life. I am sure that you are going to have no problem on your race this Saturday. I've cut my running back drastically this month because of travel and scheduling and was very nervous about my 1/2 Marathon coming up, but our bodies are trained well for it and we can push so much farther than we even know. You will surprise yourself :bigsmile: Good luck girl!

fittorun - Wow! Lots planned this week but it sounds like you have your schedule under control! What are you racing on Sunday? I'll be running a 1/2 Marathon and after Sunday's long run I am definitely tapering. Did 10miles on Sunday and feel good, but my foot injury has returned and I know I need to step back or risk major injury on race day. Same to you! Take it easy this week and enjoy some fun cross training. Any chance to pick up a tennis racket with a friend, or go dancing, or swim some laps? No need to rest completely, just vary your workouts and keep them to about moderate intensity. Nothing extreme or intense. Save the HIIT workouts for next week :wink: And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy it! But save the birthday drinks for Sunday night - no one likes to race when they're nursing a hangover :laugh:

Alrighty then. Off to get my life *kitten* sorted out, if possible. Have a great night and see you all soon! :heart:
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    So I ran again today but tried to stay in the grass instead of on sidewalks, and it was much better! I gave myself shin splints before :( It sucked pretty bad, but I learned my lesson!!!

We should do a challenge or something... My personal one is to drink a 12 oz glass of water before meals, especially lunch and dinner to help fill me up! I've been eating the right things, but too many of them :( Does anyone have any other ideas that might help me?
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    It's been a million years since I have been on here but it is good to see that Meag has everyone still kicking *kitten*! I want to be in for the April challenge hehe. I am back on here and decided to not waste any more money on Weight Watchers when I have all the tools I need on here. I also bought a fit-bit so I can get a good accurate number I burn daily. Still kicking *kitten* over here but I am still trying to lose the last damn 15lbs! I know I can do it and hey at least i kept the other weight off!

~Aly
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Aly - You're back for more! Wohoo! Welcome back girl and hope you kick it with us in May - April's almost over, lady! :wink:

Bonnie - Great job getting your run in and so glad it felt better. Seems like the running surface makes all the difference. Have you given the TM a try? Some people (myself included) find the TM worse than the pavement, but others find it provides a little more "give" or "cushion"... Either way, happy to hear you are back at it!

As for a challenge - every day is a freaking challenge for me, so count me out! :laugh: But if you want to set one up, go for it! The purpose of this monthly "Challenge" group is to allow each Kick-A$$er to set their own challenges tailored to where they are in their personal journey. We aren't all focused on the same goals - some need to focus on diet, others motivation, exercise, mental healthy, stress, sleep, hydration, etc. This group just allows us to support each other, even if our goals are completely different. At least that was the intention when we set it up so many moons ago...

What do you guys think - Do you want to keep this up in its current iteration, or change things up? I am totally willing to take suggestions. The group has really slowed to a crawl so whatever you offer up I am game for if everyone's in agreement. Lemme know! :bigsmile:

AFM - This week's a bust! :noway: Dr's appt today and it raised more questions than it answered. So much bullsh*t going on with my body right now. I cannot believe I'm running a 1/2 Marathon next weekend... I have been struggling a lot with my personal, work and food lives. Just trying to hold things together for now. No sense getting into the details, I am sure you can make some educated guesses. When I have some positive updates, I'll keep you posted :wink:

Two good things to note - ran a good 10miler on Sunday and felt confident about it. I am positive I can finish my race next weekend. As for the damage it could do to my body, that is yet to be seen. Also, kicked some major *kitten* at spin this weekend and yesterday and Crazy Carl is taking notice. He's giving me some mad "props" on my progress and it feels awesome that it's not just all in my head. Yay for NSV/fitness goals! Now, to work on the rest of me :grumble:

Have a great Wednesday ladies!