Is the trainer Right?

Options
So the trainer at the gym told me I would never weigh 130 lbs. She asked when was the last time I weighed that and I took a guess and said 6 years ago. That is when she replied ok you will probably not get to that weight then. I was kind of taken back I am not aiming for 110-115 I think 130 is reasonable and do able. Then I see everyone on here who weighed more then me that got down below 130 etc...I like her training but that just rubbed me the wrong way. It has kind of motivated me to prove her wrong but yet also has raised doubt. What do you all think???

BTW I am 5'1!

Replies

• dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Find a new trainer. She's making excuses.
  • juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    You can definitely get to 130 :/
  • hazelsmrf
    hazelsmrf Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    At 5'1" you should have no problem at all getting to 130!
  • whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That person shouldn't be a trainer. You don't say that to someone.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

I doubt that.

Possible? only you know. go for it.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm five foot and 120lbs!! Of course you can do it!!! Trainer needs to learn a bit!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    get a new trainer !!
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    she better be wrong cause I am 5 ft and plan on getting there and below myself
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You should have no problem getting to 130 at 5'1"...or even below that.

That is not a very nice trainer.
  • xcrunnergirl13
    xcrunnergirl13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I think you can do it. It's a reasonable, healthy weight for your height so with enough motivation it's definitely achievable :) PROVE HER WRONG!
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    thats wild for 5'1 the heaviest healthy range is betweeen 132-140. That means your goal is totally attainable. Get a new trainer they should be motivating and knowlegeble.
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    I'd love to know her reasoning behind that idea. Maybe you could ask her right before you fire her!
  • Thesis_gut
    Thesis_gut Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Rubbish rubbish rubbish trainer! 130 is def. feasible at your height, in fact it'll be a great weight to have. Maybe your trainer was banking on the reverse motivational aspect of what she said, but more probably she's just not a good trainer!
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    A trainer should motivate and encourage your goals, especially a reasonable goal of 130 lbs. Personally I would not feel comfortable working with someone who does not have faith me in!
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Maybe she's trying to motivate you by telling you that you can't? (She think's you are one of those obstinate types who doesn't want to be told she can't do anything)?
  • ladee86
    ladee86 Posts: 3
    Options
    I think you can make it!:glasses:
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    There are so many factors to consider, your bone structure and density being one of them. I was THRILLED when the personal trainer I was seeing a while back told me what my goal weight should be since it was higher than I thought and that meant less weight to lose. When I asked why it was that high for me, she said that it was based on my frame, bones, etc. Works for me!
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    :laugh: do it then laugh in her face..
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options

I would have to agree, and always keep your goals till you feel like it's time to make new ones. :flowerforyou:
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i had a client lose 60lbs in 70 days.. anything can be done if you want it bad enough