Breaking in Doc Martens

Options
13»

Replies

• YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I always just weathered it...Take breaks and give your tootsies a rest...But after a couple of weeks, they'll fit perfectly to your feet!
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    the veggie ones are better.

:flowerforyou:

lol, yeah, my strategy was "be vegan and buy the synthetic ones" :D completely broken-in in about a week, and i wore them all day on one of my walk-all-over-my-college-campus days the day after i got them, without complaint. none of this "wear them for a little bit and beat them with a hammer" stuff.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Kids these days... I weep for the future.

oh PLEAAAASE haha tell that to the people on campus staring at my shoes and the girl saying `ehmagaad, what is that girl wearing on her feet.` i am going to break these in the natural way, walking around on campus and making sure i wear them EVERYWHERE. my feet are bleeding but its worth it hahaha thanks for all this great advice and insight from DOC MARTEN VETERANS, i plan on having these babies forever!

and the 90s were bomb, quit hatin!
  • skinnylove00
    Options
    Commit to the Docs
    Be the Docs
    Wear the Docs
    Every day.

i very much like this and will take this to heart ;)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    The 90's called they want your shoes back. :wink:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :flowerforyou:

The last pair I bought are the wingtips I'm wearing now. And I bought them in the 90s.

And I didn't ***** about having to break them in. In the 90s we just dealt with it and carried on.

Ain't that the truth! hahahaha We all just sucked it up and wore ours to the ground...don't think i've ever heard anyone complain about them hurting while we were breaking them in! and we walked EVERYWHERE! :laugh:
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Put on ur sh1t kickers and kick some sh1t :-)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Mosh pit seems to work.

Much more useful answer than beating them with a hammer! This is the old school way of breaking in your Docs! :laugh:
  • KittyHeff
    KittyHeff Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Still have scars on my feet 20 years on from breaking in Docs!!!
  • pyororon
    pyororon Posts: 22
    Options
    To break in the shank of a new pair of pointes we put the part we want to soften against a door frame and keep opening and closing the door on them. If it's the back part of the heel that you need to soften then you could give that a try. The other thing is to keep the shoes with you when you're watching TV or something else not involving your hands and keep squashing the part that needs softening. It takes some strength, but you won't notice how long it takes because the TV or something will distract you. I live with dancers, and we're always walking around with our shoes doing this or that to them. I think DMs are probably a little more hardy than pointes, so maybe my suggestions won't work :s
  • skinnylove00
    Options
    Perhaps you could hire one of those guys outside Home Depot to walk around in them for a few days.

HAHA just saw this...it could work but i doubt any of them are a size 7 ;)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    The 90's called they want your shoes back. :wink:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :flowerforyou:

The last pair I bought are the wingtips I'm wearing now. And I bought them in the 90s.

And I didn't ***** about having to break them in. In the 90s we just dealt with it and carried on.

Ain't that the truth! hahahaha We all just sucked it up and wore ours to the ground...don't think i've ever heard anyone complain about them hurting while we were breaking them in! and we walked EVERYWHERE! :laugh:

Damn right
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    anyone else getting banner ads for docs since looking at this thread? :laugh:
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    When I break in new combat boots I put moleskin inside the backs to help avoid getting as many blisters. Idk how this would work with docs, but new combat boots break in better when you get them wet and then wear them. Like walking in the rain and puddles...
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hiking socks or 2 pairs of dress socks.

Blister plasters, lot of them.

And suck up the pain.:wink:
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    OMG, this topic just brought me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back to my first pair of Docs. I cried every evening in the first week of breaking them in! LOL.