One year ago (5'3, 28 pounds lost)

Options

Replies

• Bride2B1103
    Bride2B1103 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!! I always love seeing people my height and starting weight on here. Definitely an inspiration! Keep up the good work! :)
  • bholmes21
    bholmes21 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!! way to go! SO inspiring :)
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    wow!
  • nycalison
    nycalison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, don't discredit yourself though, 28lbs lost (and kept off) is a big achievement :) Thanks for sharing!
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Modest success? Are you kidding? 28 pounds is a great loss! And you are looking awesome.
  • sugarnspice8
    Options
    that is awesome you look great
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    you look so beautiful!!! i am the same height as you and i know what 30 pounds looks like haha you look incredible! kudos for getting active and healthy! ;D
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm 5' 7", I'm inspired seeing this post.
    I'm starting C25K and it's great to see how many people have success with it.
    I hope I look half as good as you by the time I'm done, good work!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! we are the same height and same starting weight. My goal is be 125-130 lbs. If i can get to 117 that would be awesome!
  • jennit1801
    jennit1801 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds oh so familiar! I am running my first 5K in June and I am really starting to enjoy my training!
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congrats fellow shortie!!!! you look amazing!!!
  • ashleywright144
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Thank you for the inspiration this morning:)
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options

streetstyle.jpg

Thanks for looking! Hoping to inspire myself to keep it up :)

Holy crap! YOur babin it now!
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a huge success! You look great, keep up the good work!
  • tmpartington
    Options
    Congratulations hot stuff! Your transformation is amazing and beautiful! And you're so right, it's awesome to see success stories of us 5'3" ladies. Six months from now I will have worked to mirror the success you've had and will constantly remind myself to make this a lifelong lifestyle.

On that note, I sincerely hope that you will continue the diligence to maintain this lifestyle that's gotten you so fit and healthy. I lost 30lbs and was very comfortable at 127lbs when I was in my mid-20's. Love and lifestyle changes made me fat again for far too long. Add two babies and 12 years and I needed to lose that same 30lbs again. If I could turn back time this would be my advice to myself as it would've saved me gobs of self-loathing.

Best of luck to you!
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your successs girly! Looking great!! :)
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!

I'm also 5'3", but I have a little more to lose than you . . . do you mind me asking what was your starting weight and current?
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies :)

I started at about 145, give or take a few, and I'm currently hovering around 117. I feel like I'm at my body's comfortable, happy weight, if that makes sense.

I am still in school, I'm 22 and a senior about to face the real world! I lost a large portion of the weight from August to December last year. I had a super busy class schedule and began working part-time as well, so I rarely had time to focus on how hungry I was. I ate (and still eat!) a Kind Apricot and Almond Mini bar or apple whenever I'm feeling hungry. I often have to stay on campus all day and I usually don't make time to eat lunch, so unfortunately I usually get Chick-Fil-A (chargrilled sandwich, a classic) or some other relatively healthy option with some meat because I rarely cook it at home.

Oops! Sorry - I'm slow. Great job!!
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    What a difference a year makes! I always liked seeing shorter girls on here so I thought I'd add my modest success.

Thanks for looking! Hoping to inspire myself to keep it up :)

You look gorgeous girl!! Well done. We're the same height and starting weight, so that's very inspiring to me!! What kind of exercising did you do? I saw your post about food, but didn't see what you did working out, other than the marathon, of course! I've never been a runner, though, unless I'm being chased. :wink:

:flowerforyou:
  • jpbrk
    jpbrk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the kind words everyone!

As far as exercise, it's mostly just running 3x/week. I usually do two shorter runs (3-4 miles) and a longer one on the weekend (6-7 miles). I'm starting to do strength exercises though (your standard circuit training type stuff) so hopefully I'll start getting some muscle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!