Options

Replies

• ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    1200 miles. iowa to montana. good times... :noway:
  • lyricalLies13
    Options
    Alabama to Michigan about 650 miles...made it in about 9ish hours. Stopped only twice.
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Toronto Ont Canada to St. Petesburgh, FL in 24hrs!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I just got home from San Diego, we live in Portland, Oregon. It was about 1100 miles, did the drive home in one day =) wasn't too bad!
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    I drove straight through from Indianapolis to Venice, FL once in about 16 hours. That's like 1,000 miles, I think.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    We drove home from Yellowstone (through mountains) to Wisconsin (just over 1000 miles) in exactly 24 hours. Left at 7 am and got home at 7 am...my husband drove the entire time and I was afraid to sleep the last few hours because I was afraid he would fall asleep. LOL

We only stopped for gas and McDonalds and rest stops...nothing more than 10 minutes.

Never again. But we were pulling a popup camper and didn't wanna spend a whole 'nother night setting up and tearing down....now we pull a hard-side camper and just go to bed when we get tired of driving. :)
  • NanaKK1234
    NanaKK1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    LOL I was thinking about posting all my trips on here but that would be unfair.

LOL Hubby and I have done several team trips in one of our tractor trailers :-)

But I just did Christiana, TN to Danbury, CT in 15.5 hours 1000 miles
  • Lempi
    Lempi Posts: 7
    Options
    Absolutely doable. Have some healthy small meals along in a cooler (whole wheat sandwiches, carrots, fruit etc), lots of water. Make sure you have all your favorite music with you. Crank the tunes, enjoy what nature has to offer and think of it as an adventure. We drive to our cabin (550 miles) sometimes after work on a Friday and arrive in the wee hours. Enjoy your trip!.
    A friend from Canada.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    On my own the longest was Denver, CO to LA straight through (just stopping for gas). It was a long and rather boring drive.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Stopping only for gas, just over 1000 miles, from outside Dallas Tx to Columbus OH by myself. I made it in 12 hours.
  • jaskelley
    jaskelley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I drove from Chicago, Illinois to Camp Pendleton, California in 1973. Only stopping for gas. Approximately 2,000 miles. On a motorcycle. Right after I made bail.

With "right after I made bail," this guy wins, hands down. Or maybe hands up, in this case.

I drove from Omaha, NE to around and hour west of Pittsburgh in one day. Took around 16.5 hours. It wasn't even that bad. I listened to podcasts the entire ride.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    in one day?

I have a 900 mile trip coming up that I am planning on doing in one day.

alone?

houston to saint louis, 834 miles, one day, i was picking up a car i bought on ebay

boston to louisville, 1,007 miles, picking up another car I bought

that is all
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    1200 miles, from GF North Dakota to someplace in Oklahoma. I think it was about 22 hours.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    the longest I have driven is 4 hours! Ages ago i had a 4 hour driving lessson! it killed my legs! :(

I am doing my pass plus soon which is about a 6 hour drive. so god help my legs!:laugh:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Shared the driving but went from Portland, ME to Washington DC in one day - that's about 600 miles.

ETA: Almost forgot about the road trip to my college roommate's wedding! That was a bit farther - just under 700 miles from Portland, ME to Kitchener, ON (Cananda).
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Drove from Oregon to South Carolina with 3 kids in the car. Took 2 days. Not sure how much distance we did in one. I also drove from South Carolina to Florida in 8 hours a couple years back for Christmas with all 3 kids in car.
    223730 Posts: 55
    Options
    About 630 miles in one trip, by myself: Elkton, MD to Lexington, KY.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Mine was pretty pedestrian compared to some of these. Coming out of Kaiserslautern Germany, and touring Belgium for the day. Was about 13-14 hours of driving total split up into several segments for gas and attractions. Driving time was increased significantly on the way back, when the GPS did not know the A1 north of Trier was closed completely, so had to rely on the paper map I had with autobahns only and skirted around Koblenz and Mainz on the way back to Kaiserslautern.

The longest single segement I've ever driven was really short. Altus, OK to Clovis, NM and back. Or from Haverhill, MA to Utica, NY and back. Not sure which one took longer.
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I've done it before... almost 1,000 miles from Lancaster, PA to Orlando, FL... by myself. I stopped to take a nap though a couple of times.

You can do it!
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    What felt like the longest was only 560 miles in two days but is was on a sport bike set up for racing while in full race leathers in the summer time. It was from Tupelo, Ms to Chatanooga, Tn to ride in the Trail of Tears Motorcycle Ride with 100,000 other riders. Luckily the route had a overnight stopping point an hour from my house. I had to have help getting off the bike without dropping it.