What is the longest that you have driven

Options

Replies

• MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    In a car with other drivers trading off shifts: Washington DC to Miami Beach. (17hrs)

In a car with passengers but only one driving. NJ to Hilton Head, SC (11 hours)

In a car driving solo no passengers: Hilton Head, SC to Miami Beach (9 hrs) (part of a 3 day trek from NJ) I refuse to drive more than 9 hours by myself for safety reasons, it's gets hard to stay alert once I go past 9 hrs straight.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

stopped 3 times.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    great music will push it! haha

I drove from Atlanta, GA to North Jersey straight. About 14 hours -- not too shabby.
    About 850 miles

Might be driving from NJ to colorado soon - should be fun

haha yeah i drove reallllyyy fast -- stopped for gas twice and ate some food and hit a massive rain thunderstorm and still made it in that time

I do Atlanta to North Jersey at least once a year. 14 hours is about right. Atlanta to Chicago every couple years. That is about 12-13 hours.

ugh NJ to Colorado is going to be long!
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    What felt like the longest was only 560 miles in two days but is was on a sport bike set up for racing while in full race leathers in the summer time. It was from Tupelo, Ms to Chatanooga, Tn to ride in the Trail of Tears Motorcycle Ride with 100,000 other riders. Luckily the route had a overnight stopping point an hour from my house. I had to have help getting off the bike without dropping it.

Ouch
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    12 hours to Midland, TX...

: ))
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    26 hour drive straight no sleep
  • StephWinn
    Options
    West Virginia to Texas. 24hours straight!
  • thomo71
    thomo71 Posts: 21
    Options
    Did 3000 miles from Chicago around the top of Lake Michigan and back down, so about 300 miles a day in a toyota corolla automatic, lovely car, great places and very friendly Americans. Met a sailor called blue and we went canoing on a lake in his back yard. Got to go back one day. I loved America!!!:smile::drinker:
  • runwithitwerewinning
    runwithitwerewinning Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    In one shot, by myself I went from eastern MI to Minneapolis, about 700 miles. My wife and I went from texas to michigan, spending the night in memphis. that's about 1500 miles. i'd def suggest good music and not pushing yourself too hard
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    11 hrs...Lexington KY to Jacksonville NC sometimes Wilmington...I do it all the time !
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    18 hours by myself. Just stopped for gas and drive-thru. Orlando to St Louis. Pulling a boat.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    A total of about 34 hours. Started in Bethlehem, PA all the way to Orem, UT, just over 2,000 miles. Switched on and off driving with my husband. I never complain about the 3 1/2 hour trips I make to Idaho anymore, lol.
  • happilysingle69
    happilysingle69 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow me and my sweetie are planning to drive from Pittsburgh to New Orleans this summer is around 1100 miles... Road trip....:laugh:
  • CristlNothem
    CristlNothem Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    SLC, Utah to New Orleans, LA. It is about 1750 miles. Were taking 2 cars and a 2 year old. we definitely took our time though as it is like a 30 hour drive. split it up into 2 1/2 days
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    drove from columbus, oh to santa maria, ca in 4 days. we did take a pit stop in vegas so it really could have been 3 days. did around 12 hrs of driving each day! we got so sick of music.. we ended up buying a book on tape - greatest thing we ever did. really helped time pass :)
  • graycaro
    graycaro Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Little Rock to Santa Fe. 880 miles. Took about 16 hours total with stops for food and switching drivers.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Bout 340 or so yards
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    The longest *time* I have driven is 14 hours without a rest. I was headed from Seattle to Boston and hit a blizzard in Burley, Idaho and drove to Evanston, Wyoming before finding a motel. Couldn't see s**t. From there on just drove about 500 miles a day. Then a year later, drove back, stopping in Las Vegas for a few days. Since then I have been on many road trips, I love to drive.
  • laurcampbell
    laurcampbell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I drove from Chicago, Illinois to Camp Pendleton, California in 1973. Only stopping for gas. Approximately 2,000 miles. On a motorcycle. Right after I made bail.

This may be my new favorite MFP post! :drinker:

ditto - that is too funny!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Atlanta, GA to Galveston, TX! Roughly 13 hours. I was actually coming from Virginia Beach, but we stopped off in Atlanta for the night.

I've also done VA Beach to Southern NH so many times, I don't need directions anymore! (but that's only about a 10 hour trip)