My Secret to Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    AMEN! That's the secret to any success. When you fall, get back up. Get back up at least one more time than you fall. Don't beat yourself up about a mistake. And don't dwell in the land of negativity. Focus on the positive. Keep going.

Thank you for sharing!
  • apj79
    apj79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post....It is perfect timming. I feel like I'm on track and doing well then I get on scale and I get discouraged. The weekends are the hardest...but I will keep going....
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    need a like button
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Good post. Many of us like to use "life" as an excuse.
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    As you may know and as someone has mentioned, I am "vanishing this week." Yes, it is true. Today was a 1.2 pound loss. Yesterday was 0.8 pound loss and the day before that was a 0.4 loss. And I just want MFP friends to know that there is a little secret to my success. Serious. Some like to call my vanishing trick "magic" but it's not really magic. And, no, it is not a pill. No, it is not in a syringe either. What I do is I keep going. I keep going when I gain and have NO idea why. I keep going when I know I could have done better. I keep going when life pushes me to have comfort food. I keep going after I have eaten out. I keep going when my muscles are so sore I don't even want to get out of bed. I keep going when I am hot and sweaty from exercise. I keep going when I have a confrontation with a family member or I hear really depressing news. I just keep going. That's what works. I would tell the world but they would not believe me, demanding me to tell them what I REALLY did to lose weight. So, I am telling MFP friends the secret I've been using. I just keep going. The scale is such a temperamental and moody thing so you just have to stay the course. If you follow the plan, you will reach your destination. We all want to get there in a Porsche, SO FAST, but all we have is a bike or our legs to get us there. Just so you know, I have also had days where I have GAINED 1.2 pounds and .8 pounds and .4 pounds in one week. But did I give up, no sir! When I have a bad week I tell myself a good week is eventually coming my way. Good Luck and Stay the Course!

[This is a wonderful post. It really bought tears to my eyes. So many people have issues with giving up and thi sshould truly be an inspiration. NEVER QUI, JUST KEEP GOING. ]
  • jules1202
    jules1202 Posts: 65
    Options
    So true and awesome!

Its silly but it makes me think of Dory in Finding Nemo when she is is singing "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming". It reminds me to keep going and not take myself so serious! :P
  • saunyar
    saunyar Posts: 4
    Options
    Glad I read this-it totally supports my own mental 'no...don't give up just cause you worked your butt off all week and kept in calorie range and STILL gained a pound!" so I got outside and mowed the yard and came in and read this post...and I am definitely feeling inspired. Thanks!
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oh My Gawd ! We have the same secret !!!
  • sensahtive
    sensahtive Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I really needed to hear that today, especially right now!!!
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    What a great and motivational post! Love it!
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Very very inspirational. Thank you for sharing this! <3
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Love this!! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Been at this since October and I have lost 10lbs on the SLOW train!! I wish it would go faster but it just hasn't but that is okay because I JUST KEEP GOING!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you!!
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!!!:flowerforyou:
  • 14bound
    14bound Posts: 25
    Options
    very inspiring!!
  • heduell
    heduell Posts: 13
    Options
    Aw! Thank you for your post! I sometimes forget there are others out there pushing themselves as well and now I feel more motivated then ever! I try not to weigh myself everyday to avoid being discouraged, but then again I push even harder! Keep up the good work, and I look forward to hearing your success!
  • alexiaans
    alexiaans Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    THIS!
  • Shmemily001
    Shmemily001 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Loved this. Thank you for writing it.
  • rawrpaola
    rawrpaola Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post!
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    Love your post!!! It's sooooo TRUE!!! Just keep going!!!!