b-u-m-p
  • chicanit45
    chicanit45 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So true... great post.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love this post!! Thank you!! Sometimes it's really hard to keep motiviated, but reading this really helps!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • AlyiEli2017
    AlyiEli2017 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. I have to keep moving forward.
  • crouffer
    crouffer Posts: 1
    Options
    Great Job on your weight loss!! Positive thinking is always best, and it makes you feel better :) Sometimes, people tend to feel more down or disappointed when they see slight weight gain one or 2 days, but remember our weight fluctuates day to day . It is best to weight yourself once a week, not everyday. Although often we are tempted. Everyone should remember, whether its water balance, toxins not flushed, sodium intake, or protien absorption etc it all takes times to flush out of our systems and balance out our body. Don't fret and Don't weight yourself everyday. Its always better to see you lost 4 pounds one wk instead of lost 6 and then gained 2... It just causes disappointment.
  • tstockero
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement and inspiration! So true! We all have bad days and good days, so for today, I will keep going. Have a great week!
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!! Just keep going just keep going.....(a la Dorie's "just keep swimming" in Finding Nemo)
  • lvondy
    lvondy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I so needed this today! Thank you so much!
  • amneff51
    amneff51 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I needed that. It's not magic, it's perserverance...
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Pure Awesomeness.... Thank You!
  • beckyluvsgeckos
    Options
    Thanks! I needed that! :D
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your secret!! You are my inspiration for today! To honor you I am going to get off my butt and do some exercise right now!
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options

I weigh myself everyday just to see the fluctuations, but only really count what I see once a week. I'd be scared to weigh only once a week, and have it be a day were you are heavier!

I'm on the same page here. I know it isn't a linear progression, that there will be ups and downs, but as long as I see a downward "trend" I'm happy. Some days I will be down a pound, but yesterday I was up. Strangely enough, because I have been diligently weighing myself, I can recognize this as normal and not get depressed or give up. I know that by eating the way I should and exercising, the trend will continue in my favor, regardless of daily fluctuations. HOWEVER I think it would be harder to be pragmatic if I only weighed myself every one or two weeks, and weigh-in day was a heavier day. This really depends on your personality though, and maybe where you are starting from in your weight journey.

I weigh daily as well and record when my weight drops. Might go back up the next day but eventually it drops a little bit lower than my last official check in. I weight daily because I NEED to. When I'm gaining weight I don't weigh daily, weekly or bi-weekly. It's my way of ignoring what's happening. So daily weigh-in for me is accountablility. But I only record when my weight drops below my last low weight, however many days or weeks that is.
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Fantastic post!! Great reminder for us all, thanks!! Best wishes to you!!
  • genthel
    genthel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That is SO true!
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    :heart: this post!
  • Lucianna_D
    Lucianna_D Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    AWESOME POST
  • nikdonbon
    nikdonbon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Beautifully said! Thank you. You put into words what a lot of us feel and put it into perspective! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful talent of words with us! Keep going!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    So true. We all have to remember to keep going. Thanks for the lovely message :-)