ladies: will you date a guy who is going bald?

Options

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I dated a bald guy - they are sexy. You have to embrace it though.. no weird patches here and there, cut it close or shave what's left.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I can't do the shaved head because my head is massive and I will look like a lightbulb. Is the low trim acceptable until I reach the full Picard?

I prefer the low trim over the completely bare look. My husband just uses trimmers w/o a guard instead of a razor and I actually prefer it after it grows out a week or two from that.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    God, I love a confident, fit bald man! Especially with a little facial hair too.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My husband was going bald and just decided to quit fighting it so now he shaves his head. It took a little getting used to but now I like it. I often see men that are thinning or completely bald and think they're attractive. I think the important part is to avoid the comb overs and stuff like that.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Gotta wear a hat on bright sunny days...otheriwse I will be red as a lobster and hurting like one too...ouch!!

But I embrace the bald...

Agreed, nothing worse than jumping in the shower not realizing how burnt you are.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I'm too cheap and lazy to go to the barber shop. RAWR.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    When I started dating my SO - he was fighting it. And in denial. Bad. He was addicted to his hat, was constantly obesessed with whether his hair was covering the spot in the back AND the receding hair line... I kept telling him - Just shave it off! Who cares? It's just hair. If you don't like it, it will grow back....

Long story short....

One day I came home, he took his hat off, and OH. MY. GOD. :blushing: He had shaved it all off. He is SOOOO sexy, and he LOVES it. He's not self-consious anymore - and while he still loves his hats - he loves leaving them at home too.

Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm. Love me a bald head. :love:
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My husband is 32 and has a bald spot on the back of his head...He's still the sexiest mofo I've ever seen in my life. :)

It bothers him, of course, but I don't think twice about it.
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    Gotta wear a hat on bright sunny days...otheriwse I will be red as a lobster and hurting like one too...ouch!!

Agreed, nothing worse than jumping in the shower not realizing how burnt you are.

Sunblock is a must on those days too...especially when I am out on my boat fishing....
  • shell6469
    shell6469 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Of course silly! Take off the hat... Embrace who you are and work with what you have left.. If it is time to shave the sides and back down, than do it. You may be surprised, people can be just as good looking without hair... Daughtry, Wilkos and plenty of other men out there have no problems meeting women..... Without hair!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Provided there is no comb over, it's cool.

This. My husband is rather bald and rather sexy. Greying can be uber sexy too.

This and this!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    :smile:

This thread makes me feel much better about my growing bald spot.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: For you ladies. Thank you.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Happily :wink:

I don't have a strong preference on guys hair, it's about how he takes care of himself and his stuff that matters to me.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    ummm hello? Patrick Stewart? C'mon man. Sexiness is not defined by hair. It's defined by attitude.

If you're gonna be all whiny about it and try to hide it, then no. Not sexy. But if you're gonna rock that *kitten*, hells yea that's sexy.
  • jemezgal
    jemezgal Posts: 1
    Options
    what does being bald have to do with anything? you're not in love with his hair!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Sunblock is a must on those days too...especially when I am out on my boat fishing....

True. I'm not completely down yet so spray sunblock is the best invention since sliced bread lol.
  • kristimartiny
    Options
    I think if the man is proactive and gets to his head before mother nature does..bald is sexy. I have dated several sexy bald men. Shave it all! Don't do the comb over or try to grow a pony tail....you won't lose super powers if it is cut off... is sexy when you take charge and rock that head. ;)
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    My hubs rocks a dead-sexy Stone Cold Steve Austin look. He started balding at 18; full gone by 30, and never stressed it for a day.

Wish I were home so I could post a pic of him with my grandson at Relay for Life. Little 3 yr old "D" was in chemo for leukemia and had lost all his hair. He and hubs wore matching shirts that said "Bald Guys Rock!" That was the sexiest EVER!
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    what is the cheesy comb over lol
    Definitely!! :bigsmile: As long as, like Kristen said, there is no cheesy comb-over goin' on.