would you tattoo....?

Options

Replies

• k1ngfl1pper
    k1ngfl1pper Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't do names in ink, but if I did I would probably limit it to my children and maybe the Mrs.... But there would have to be a compelling argument...
  • ms_parks
    ms_parks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing this too. So strange. I always said never and now look at me. It's madness! I was going to do this person's signature which is pretty much illegible to anyone but me.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I would never get anyone's name tattooed on me, ever.

I was convinced, thoroughly convinced! that my ex was the one for me for years and years and years.

Now, if I ever run into him, I'd hope he would fall into a sinkhole like this girl on her cellphone did:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXiQGpIGlGo

It's bad joojoo. Don't ever get names of anyone except maybe parents or children, or relatives that may have passed on.

People change sometimes in very bad ways that you can't predict. Sometimes they just go looneytunes. Or they were always that way and you just couldn't see it before.
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My Fiance and I are getting matching robot tattoo's after our wedding :)
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I would have to disagree with that iam_

I have been in a relationship with my love going on 12 years now......we both have quite a few tats, and we would never get our names on each other......You can't predict the future.....and the only person you know you are going to be with forever, is yourself....
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get a tattoo of a SO name. But I also don't have any tattoos and don't know if I ever will get any.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get someone's name on me...because if it doesn't work out, then you are either stuck with it or you have to pay again for a new tattoo to recover it. I've heard it too many times...including my husband who had to cover his ex-wifes name.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    No because in the future if I ever need to evade the police I don't want any marks of identification.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I obviously do not have a ton of reservation in regards to tattoo's however i would never get a lovers name .. including my husbands . I have too many friends that have fallen pray to the endless list of ex's scaling their bodies like ruins in morgue.. I think children are fine , family what have you .. been trying to get my husband to get Family man on his stomach for years.. lol.. think it would be super sexy .. I am not opposed to any one else choices per se its just the choice for me.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Never a name. A symbol is cool.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

I have been in a relationship with my love going on 12 years now......we both have quite a few tats, and we would never get our names on each other......You can't predict the future.....and the only person you know you are going to be with forever, is yourself....

Actually, I can predict the future.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I think you should get a tattoo of your SO's face. That would mean so much more than just the name.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    No, only people that qualify are parents, kids and siblings and even then for me there has to be a good reason behind it.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options

Well, my apologies then sir! I must say that is quite a talent you have♥
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Do not do a signifcant other's name. Bad idea in my opinion. Only names I will put on my body are those of my children.

I agree with this - except I have a slightly longer list of acceptable names. Children (of course), parents or siblings. And pets (since that's the only "child" I have...).

I steer away from SO names, 'cause (sad but true) you never know what's going to happen there.

That's my thought on this also. I would get a name/picture tattoo in memory of someone close to me like a family member or get one for my children someday or possibly one of my cats.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    to those afraid of getting a lover's name tattooed on u...i would say you're afraid of committment

I'm not afraid of commitment. But what if one day your wife up and leaves you?
    Then you're stuck w/ her name forever.

Plus, maybe you get the retarded tattoo artist who spells it wrong lol.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

Its actually more of a burden. Nothing in life surprises me.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I'm crazy - I'd do it. Maybe our last name would be better since its mine now, too....
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options

He knew you'd say that. :laugh:
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    to those afraid of getting a lover's name tattooed on u...i would say you're afraid of committment

Not necessarily. What if thy tattoo so-and-so's name on them and it's so-and-so who breaks it off?