Sooo over walmart....

Options
DietingMommy08
DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
walmart20registers.jpg

I despise shopping at walmart though its the closet store to me that I can do decent grocery shopping at.

The lines are forever long...
Why are there 30 registers but only a couple always open??
& the ones that are open the lights are always flashing and the CM are NOT coming to see whats WRONG!!!

Ugh!!!

Replies

• mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I despise wal-mart. Every time I walk into that place, I feel like I die a little inside. Everyone (employees AND customers) are so morose. No one is happy to be there.

I avoid going there if at all possible. I wish Target stayed open later.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I used to work for Walmart and at least around here they are going downhill fast! Terrible customer service for sub-par products (food at least). I am almost completely done buying food from them at least!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It really is the pits...they have 4 self checkout registers at my store that aren't even always open. Ugh...
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I used to work for Walmart and at least around here they are going downhill fast! Terrible customer service for sub-par products (food at least). I am almost completely done buying food from them at least!!

I use to work for a few walmarts a few years ago to.

Idk about going downhill but I have heard that walmart is tryin to find a way to fire all FULL time employees and hire a bunch of PART time employees so that they no longer have to pay for medical benefits...
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I must just have a good walmart, the staff is always friendly and I never wait more then a couple minutes in line. I don't mind it there at all
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people feel the need to bring every one of their 12 children to stand around blocking the aisle, or worse, running around tripping people. Jeez, can't they have the older ones watching the young ones at home??
    It makes me homicidal.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    It really is the pits...they have 4 self checkout registers at my store that aren't even always open. Ugh...

And it always seems like the only registers that are open are the slowest cashiers in the whole store. Lol.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I very briefly lived in D'iberville, Mississippi and it really was the only thing to do at night, go walk around the neighborhood Wal-Mart.

Because all the Winn-Dixies and Piggly-Wigglys close at 10.... :indifferent:
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    no self check out in ours... I like it to go people watching (I know shame on me blablabla)

I don;t mind shopping there... for some reason I always end up near the hunting section or the car maintenance section.... can't never have enough oil in your garage..... important to keep things lubed up....
  • nakedsun
    nakedsun Posts: 115
    Options
    I actually don't mind them THAT much. I mean, I don't like how they've taken on the food aspect cause I find their produce, meat and anything that isn't in a box/can pretty poor but if I need anything I know I can grab it there for the most part at not a crazy price.

The customer service IS bad but I sort of expect it at this point and tolerate it because their return policy is bloody amazing. They opened self checkouts here but I think there was too much theft so they took them out and installed an express line where one line filters into about 4-6 checkout girls (items under 12). It's a pretty good system actually but I cringe if I have more than 12 items since there's only about 2 normal lines open. Bah.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have left Walmart before in TEARS just because I was so overwhelmed and disturbed by the people there... and usually take a shower as soon as I get home!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I must be a rarity... I love Wal-Mart haha don't judge me ;)
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I must just have a good walmart, the staff is always friendly and I never wait more then a couple minutes in line. I don't mind it there at all

Def cuz I havent been to a good walmart.... ummm.... Ever!
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Depends on the store. I will travel the 5 miles
    to the next town, and shop at that one, but hate
    the one right up the street.

Normally I do most of my shopping at the local
    Food Lion. If they get more than 3-4 people in
    a line, or see someone with a full cart, they're
    calling for backup!
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I like Wal-Mart. Line-ups suck everywhere.... if they don't it's probably 'cause they charge more... there's a reason Wal-Mart is ALWAYS busy & that is mostly pricing!

I guess time is money doesn't apply to people who have all the time in the world.
  • stephaneb74
    Options
    or when they put late night 2 open register and both are underaged and cannot sell alcohol and you have to wait for them to call someone to come and ring you up ?.... or is that only here that it happens ?
    come on why do people go to WM at 11pm other than to refill ?
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I must be a rarity... I love Wal-Mart haha don't judge me ;)

I use to LOVE walmart.
    I was there like 2 times a week and now... nope... im over it....
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I always feel stressed in there! There is always a crowd, and i dont find that there prices are low at all! You just have to shop around sometimes
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    or when they put late night 2 open register and both are underaged and cannot sell alcohol and you have to wait for them to call someone to come and ring you up ?.... or is that only here that it happens ?

Or when isle 17 is the only isle you can buy tobacco products and the register is never open! lol.
  • stephaneb74
    Options

Or when isle 17 is the only isle you can buy tobacco products and the register is never open! lol.

that too