• shamulesbo
    Options
    dudes that have way too much muscle and walk weird

my bud does that and wears big ol snow pants ahahaha. such a cutie
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options

I like muscles on a man, but it should be in proportion. You"re 6ft., but even so you're a tad too big in my opinion. Just my opinion though.

proportion also depends a great deal on bone structure.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Too much can def be too much, you need to look "normal", the body builder Jay Cutler looks absolutely bizarre with the little head and way overboard muscles, not attractive to me.......
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    What gets me is when I see guys with huge upper bodies and spindly legs. It's not a good look.

These are the guys that walk funny! Lack of squats and deads!
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Your beef is just about right!

I like muscles on a man, but it should be in proportion. You"re 6ft., but even so you're a tad too big in my opinion. Just my opinion though.

proportion also depends a great deal on bone structure.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'd like to bulk up but not by THAT much. I just want to be musclar and defined, but not hulk-like.
  • sheppuh
    sheppuh Posts: 39
    Options
    I don't think the guys with disproportionately large muscles are going for traditional aesthetic standards of beauty... That sort of bulk isn't my goal, but I absolutely respect people who put in that much work and dedication. Watching them crank out a huge set always inspires me to push myself a little bit harder at the gym.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    If a guy is too muscular it's a turn off. I like average sized, but healthy looking guys.
  • littlemiss5foot1
    littlemiss5foot1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    im def a fan of muscles but in preportion, but not steriod muscles coz thats just like bubble wrap.

Nothing is more attarctive than a guy who looks after himself. :)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I think its funny when a guy only works out his upper body and has little stick legs. Not hot.
  • Dynamofan
    Dynamofan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Not the look I'm going for, personally ... I want to get good muscle definition, but maintain (and improve) the speed and agility that gives me an advantage at soccer games on the weekends. Lots of sets with less rest and lower weight for me!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    As long as they aren't screaming on every lift and dropping weights after every set.... There's a guy at my gym who's pretty freaking strong and is mild mannered as they come. You know he's there but not because of the need for everyone to notice how much he's lifting but because he's quiet about it. Much respect.

^^^Agree.

To each his own. Personally, I don't understand the need to put on tons of muscle with no other purpose in mind other than to brag to others about how much you bench or deadlift or flex in the mirror all day. I like the guys who put on practical muscle for sport or function (combat, fighting, job-related).

But like I said, do your thing if it makes you happy.
  • littlemiss5foot1
    littlemiss5foot1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    LOVE those guys that stand on front of the mirror and go arrghhhhhh n watch themselves almost as mch as i love laughing to myself when guys go tot he gym and do f all and watch footy... ( this is sarcasmn)
  • AnteroFaria
    AnteroFaria Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey lol I watch futbol when it comes on but I still go hard....Multitask....And mirrors are there for a reason ::p
  • AnteroFaria
    AnteroFaria Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think its funny when a guy only works out his upper body and has little stick legs. Not hot.

Agreed
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Some of the guy's that have the HUGE balloon arms I wonder how they wipe themselves
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    When I was fat, I had extra fat around my midsection on top of all my muscles (I've powerlifted for years)...

I looked like sometimes I walked like that :D The arms hanging out isn't anything you can do about it!
  • snookumss
    Options
    As long as they aren't screaming on every lift and dropping weights after every set.... There's a guy at my gym who's pretty freaking strong and is mild mannered as they come. You know he's there but not because of the need for everyone to notice how much he's lifting but because he's quiet about it. Much respect.

^^^Agree.

To each his own. Personally, I don't understand the need to put on tons of muscle with no other purpose in mind other than to brag to others about how much you bench or deadlift or flex in the mirror all day. I like the guys who put on practical muscle for sport or function (combat, fighting, job-related).

But like I said, do your thing if it makes you happy.

"Other than to brag to others about how much you bench or deadlift"

Now wait a minute there... what about records. Serious powerlifting records? I think if I've benched 225.7lbs after training for years to get to that... and I even compete...

I should be allowed to brag!!!
  • cuppypowers
    Options
    Dedication and hard work.
  • snookumss
    Options
    It does make me uncomfortable, but they're not doing it to impress me, so that's cool.

If my son, when he's older, gets into lifting, I'll be making sure he finds advice on how to do it without injuring himself, as I've heard this can be an issues for guys who are just doing it for looks.

that is not correlated at all.

I agree.

How does lifting for looks have to do with injury?
    Fall over from scrawny legs because of lack of squats? Seems to be the only issue I can think of xD
    Or a small girl named sunshine kicks their *kitten* for doing curls/crunches in the squat rack -.-

i had somebody complain about me occupying the squat rack for about 12 sets last week because he wanted to do curls. i told him to go find some dumb bells and get himself a tissue.

Lol! That is awesome. I usually do glare and not even on purpose since I do squats regularly.

Today I saw a guy in the squat rack, laying on a bench, with his feet up in the air on the squat bar, doing crunches. O.o

GRRRRRR! I've seen somebody do yoga in the squat rack too! Its SOO ANNOYING. Now... at my gym. When my training partners and I walk in and set the bag by the rack....

No matter who's in it... They clear out :)