Would You Do This In Front of Your Spouse??

Options
I was listening to the radio this morning. The topic was "Stuff You Think You Should Feel Comfortable Doing In Front of Your Significant Other". Thought it would make a funny and interesting MFP post. Personally, I'm comfortable doing almost anything in front of my spouse. But there are some exceptions! ANYTHING that you do in the BATHROOM that would require you to close the door should NOT be done in front of, around, or even discussed with your spouse. Lol I mean we're all human and do it, but if the best conversation you can give me is about the consistency of your latest bowel movements... I think we're headed for tragedy!! (SN this hasn't happened to me) :laugh:

Replies

• strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    I'm comfortable to do anything! My fiance and I are the exact same person, just in male and female forms, so anything that we do in front of one another doesn't surprise us. I def don't leave the bathroom door open, but am not shy about announcing what went down behind closed doors! TMI? Maybe, but it works for us. Lol!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If I'm not comfortable with something, I just don't do it. I don't go around telling other people what they should or shouldn't do in their own relationships.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Nothing I wouldn't do.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    We have been married 22 years. He has seen it ALL!! And He has done it all as well!! Our bathroom door doesn't close unless he is turning on a light and doesn't want to wake me. There is no one I am closer to. Our love is unconditional - no need to hide anything! He was at the birth of all 4 children! 2 were c-sections! He has seen parts of me I will never see!!! LOL sorry if that is TMI! If you cannot trust your spouse with your deepest darkest secrets or habits, who can you trust?!
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    We have been married 22 years. He has seen it ALL!! And He has done it all as well!! Our bathroom door doesn't close unless he is turning on a light and doesn't want to wake me. There is no one I am closer to. Our love is unconditional - no need to hide anything! He was at the birth of all 4 children! 2 were c-sections! He has seen parts of me I will never see!!! LOL sorry if that is TMI! If you cannot trust your spouse with your deepest darkest secrets or habits, who can you trust?!

That's great! I've been with my guy for 10 years and he was there for the birth of our first child too! It was such a precious moment. But I thought the topic would be fun. Guess not. Just because we don't poo in front of each other doesn't mean we don't love and trust each other! :laugh: Come on guys, lighten up!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Lighten up? You're the one making rules about what other people get to do. Why don't you just... not do that?
  • NSQuintana
    Options
    Lighten up? You're the one making rules about what other people get to do. Why don't you just... not do that?

Ohhh Liz don't be so overly sensitive. This was a topic from the radio, not from me. And I'm not telling people what they can and can't do in their relationships lol! This is how I feel and operate in my relationship. Sorry you took it the wrong way.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything I wouldn't do in front of my husband (of 19 years).. but then again, I'm not a modest person by nature and I'm a nurse.. we all do it (whatever it is) so why hide it?
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Our toilet time is private, always has been, we've been married 24 years. That said, if one of us is sick, no matter how nasty/miserable, the other has always stepped up and done total nurse duty...love conquers all, even the worst bodily fluids!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    LOL, it is my husband that makes us close the doors when we use the bathroom! I would just leave it wide open. Doesn't bother me. He has seen me push out 2 babies. There isn't anything more personal than that!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    She gets REALLY upset with me if I try to show her a BM that I'm particularly proud of.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    This is an interesting topic. I have to say if it is THAT time of the month or Poo, i wont let him in the bathroom. But, everything else doesnt bother me with him. Just my personal preference...
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I totally do everything in front of my husband...even using Tampax...I mean, it's no big deal with us. The only thing I would really HATE to do would be administering a suppository on him....or vice versa. oooogey!! But I guess if I had to, I would. But my hubby & I have seen it all. I'll even jiggle my fat rolls at him when I am disgusted in myself! LOL

edit...married over 9 years. ;)
  • NSQuintana
    Options
    Lol
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I do everything too in front of DH, even private potty time.

True Story:

On our Honeymoon we went to Cancun (22 years ago) I guess a week there did not settle well with our tummies. So once we got back the next few days, we had to take turns in the bathroom...I know not romantic....but what can you do. So, we saw each other a lot on the pot! I guess after that, it has not been that big of a deal. Plus, he has seen me birth 6 kids!!! Poor guy!!

Edit: Yes, it is gross!! haha...but we still do it!
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    It totally depends on the individual, no wrong or right way I suppose, BUT...I don't fart, use the bathroom, try not to even burp rudely, or any of those other body functions in front of my husband. We have been together for 10 years and he has watched me birth 2 children, one very tramatically. However, I still like him to see me as a "girl", maybe I'm old-fashioned.
  • vonallena
    vonallena Posts: 34
    Options
    Yeah don't worry. I thought it was pretty obvious that you were talking about your own relationship and not implying other people should adhere to things you're saying. Overly sensitive is the right term.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I can say after 19 years we discuss everything, consistancy, regularity, texture :laugh: kidding I have no problem talking about it but cant do it with him in the bathroom....so to mess with me he'll run in and stare at me knowing nothing can oe will happen...lol He thrives off the laugh. HE on the other hand has NO problem sharing :tongue:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I do everything except wipe myself or poo in front of my man. That's it.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    my husband sits on the bed and talks to me while i go to the bathroom .. same as i do for him . .. we dont have a door on our bathroom in the bedroom .. we are comfortable with each other ..

we also burp . fart etc in front of each other (some times we even get into contest)

i also walk around naked .. (some women wont even have sex naked unless lights are off)

if i wasn't comfortable with my husband then i wouldn't have married him