THE Scale (or lack thereof) Challenge (round 2)

Options

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I am just scared that I won't know how my body is doing based on what I am doing to it and if I should change something, you know? If I don't weigh and at least use it for a guideline, I don't want to get on in a month and have a crappy weigh in because I wasn't changing things up. I don't know. I took a 2 week break and it led to a crappy weigh in....so I am just REALLY not sure about this. :(

It's understandable. But this idea goes a long way towards getting you in the right frame of mind, which is this: Long term thinking. I.E. so what if what you are doing doesn't work for a month, seriously, over the long term, it's not that big of a deal.
    Look at it this way, if, after a month, you still haven't lost any more inches or weight, then you know you need to tweak something, after a month you can be pretty sure it's not just a bad couple of days or weeks.
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Today was the first day and I got on the scale....

I knew I shouldn't but I was half asleep and did it out of habbit. Ok, that was kind of a lie, I did it out of addiction.

Hi, my name is Heather and I am a scale-aholic.

This afternoon after work I will hide my scale, take out the batteries or whatever I have to do.
  • banks1850
    Options
    hehe, it's ok Kelpie, it happens.

OK, day one journal entry.

Day 1: Feeling good about this, haven't really thought about it very much. I believe I can do this no problem.
  • pbkfit70
    pbkfit70 Posts: 38
    Options
    OK I'm in too.

The scales are now in another room.

I hate looking at them. I try to do it only once a week, but they measure to the 100g. Even the tiniest change is tooooo horrible .... and at the moment all they seem to say is the same, within 500g!

No more checking!!

:laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hi, as much as I wanted to get on the scale after yesterday's nightmare, I didn't. I need to buy a tape measure! LOL!
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Day one and I don't miss it at all yet :happy:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Just noticed this post--too late to join in??

I'm obsessive about weighing--anal to say the least. And I hate it too! I'm riding every day for 7 to 10 miles, my speed has increased from taking 80 minutes to ride 7 miles to now doing the same route in 30 minutes!!

And, my blood sugar has been great! The last 3 mornings it has been the lowest it has ever been in the morning for the last 5 years--my doctor is going to be ecstatic!

Yet, my weight has gone up and down within a pound range over the last 10 days--so frustrating!!

So, I'm in if I can still join the challenge--the scale's going to be put away for a month!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself since a week and a half ago (I think).... I'm doing ok:bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    no weigh today:smile:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Day one - I did not weigh. I don't feel bad or like I am going to die. Not bad. :bigsmile: 1 week and 6 days left for me :laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    well....I was half asleep and before I got in the shower I put the scale down...and got on...looked down and before it registered I was like OMG...wait I'm giving this up! lmbo...I didn't see what it said but I feel pretty good about it....needless to say after the shower I removed both scales and hid them in the front hall closet....far away from my bathroom LOL

okay whew...close call but I'm in day one and feeling fine!

hugs!
    Ali
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    ok... I did weigh this morning as my final weigh in and the next time I weigh will be 5-16... so starting today I am scaleless for a month... (wow that sounds like a disease doesn't it)... I feel good about it too... I am starting a new fitness plan on monday... I like to change things up so this month I am doing jillian michaels circuit training workout... I bought her book yesterday and am looking forward to starting... so in the next 4 weeks we will see what jill can do for me... hehehe...

oh and good job to everyone who did not look at their scale today... you are all doing great...
    Jenn
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I'll try hard. I've had this addiction for so long...it will be a killer for me. My SIL and I are trying 40 days without dessert also, so I'll weight in 40 days. That sounds like forever.... what if I gain? :frown:
  • shorerider
    Options
    I got motivation right on my first day of this challenge--went to the doctor's and the scale there weighed me 8 pounds less than my home scale!!! 8 POUNDS LESS! :noway:

Great news but now I really don't want to get back on my scale.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    is it too late to join? Well i don't really think i am addicted ( i went a whole year with out getting on one but that was when the numbers were going in the wrong direction :wink:) I think i am going to commit for 2 week at first and then if i can handle that do a month.
  • banks1850
    Options
    Cass, sure you can join. 1 day here or there won't make a difference. Welcome!

Shorerider, nice!
  • shorerider
    Options
    Took the battery out of the scale last night--I was just going to put the scale in the spare bedroom and try to forget about it but the smoke detector battery went bad last night, so I had my husband take the new battery out of the scale to put in the smoke detector. I think God worked that one out! Now I just have to avoid buying a new 9 Volt Battery to keep from being tempted by the dreaded scale :tongue:
  • banks1850
    Options
    nice shore. OK Day 2 still no problem yet. Everyone else still going strong? Nobody has cheated yet have they?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I weighed in this morning and I will weigh again on May 19...let's hope for at least 5 lbs gone by then and hopefully more!
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    :noway: