good substitute for oil in brownie mix...

Options
13»

Replies

• kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You can make your own applesauce. It can be time consuming, but at least you know what is in it! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Homemade applesauce in the crockpot. Look it up on skinnytaste.com :-) Also berry flavored baby food should work
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    you can also make your own compote, you know. apples, pears, etc. you can eat it or use it in the recipe.

bet i'll bet there are other low-fat cake mi x recipes - i do not think "brownie mix and soda" is an option.
  • Pie1973
    Pie1973 Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes, I don't even make regular brownies anymore, only the black bean version....... :)
  • BlessedEight
    Options
    bump
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    bump
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have used sour cream (it makes it nice and rich) and yogurt in place of oil. I also make my own applesauce and have used that.
  • MomMel65
    MomMel65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When using the can of Soda (It's hard to say that..LOL..I say pop) do you use the whole can?

Yes - a 12-ounce can of diet soda. This same trick works on cake mixes, too! The other day I did a yellow cake mix, 1 can of diet orange Crush and baked it. Then I poked holes in it to do a Jell-O poke cake.... used sugar free orange Jell-O and 1 c. hot water - poured that over the top into them holes. Let it cool totally. Frosted it with Lite Cool Whip. It's a low-cal totally scrumptious orange dreamsicle cake!! I found out about the diet soda cake recipe trick about 2 months ago, and will NEVER bake a cake with eggs and oil again.
  • Amazonstolemyname
    Amazonstolemyname Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great idea's here
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Bumping to try out some of these ideas later. Especially the black bean idea...the kids and I like black beans but we've never tried them in a brownie. Sounds like a tasty way to get some extra fiber and protein in :smile:
  • jajbharper
    Options
    bump
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BROWNIES!! :tongue: With that said, I am so gonna try the black bean recipe, and maybe even some of the yogurt and sour cream ones. Thank you for this post!! :happy: