I am giving up

Options
I CANNOT DO THIS I AM GIVING UP. I JUST CANT SEEM TO STOP EATING THE THINGS I AM EATING I WAS TOLD BY MY DOCTOR NOT TO CUT ANYTHING OUT BUT TO EAT SMALLER PORTIONS AND MY WEIGHT IS STILL NOT DROPPING. I DO WORKOUT 5 DAYS A WEEK BUT OVER THE LAST WEEK I AM REALLY NOT MOTIVATED. I WANT TO TRY EVERY FAD OUT THERE AND THATS NOT GOOD. I HEAR ABOUT 1 THING AND I WANT THE NEXT I WANT TO SEE MY WEIGHT JUST DROP AND ITS NOT HAPPENING. I THOUGHT I WAS DOING REALLY GOOD BUT I AM FAILING. MY FRIENDS ON HERE ARE LOSING WEIGHT AND IM STUCK SOOOOO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO JUST NOT FEELING IT RIGHT NOW

Replies

• Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT DO THIS I AM GIVING UP. I JUST CANT SEEM TO STOP EATING THE THINGS I AM EATING I WAS TOLD BY MY DOCTOR NOT TO CUT ANYTHING OUT BUT TO EAT SMALLER PORTIONS AND MY WEIGHT IS STILL NOT DROPPING. I DO WORKOUT 5 DAYS A WEEK BUT OVER THE LAST WEEK I AM REALLY NOT MOTIVATED. I WANT TO TRY EVERY FAD OUT THERE AND THATS NOT GOOD. I HEAR ABOUT 1 THING AND I WANT THE NEXT I WANT TO SEE MY WEIGHT JUST DROP AND ITS NOT HAPPENING. I THOUGHT I WAS DOING REALLY GOOD BUT I AM FAILING. MY FRIENDS ON HERE ARE LOSING WEIGHT AND IM STUCK SOOOOO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO JUST NOT FEELING IT RIGHT NOW

Well your mind is made up and I guess I understand as weight loss is not for every one and its really hard to make it successful when you cant stop eating. Farewell on your journey but you should keep exercising!

Edit: At least you tried and then gave up after your failure rather than not trying at all.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    No need to give up so easily. Just keep at it. If what you're doing now isn't working then you'll just have to start changing some things. Losing weight isn't easy. It will take a long time. If you eat right and exercise, and start cutting the junk food little by little you will see progress.
  • vgambino
    vgambino Posts: 28
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight since January and haven't since the scale move either. It turns out that one of the medications I was on was the culprit. Could this be true for you too?
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Have you talked with your doctor about any issues you may be having that could hinder weight loss? Lots of things can make it hard to lose weight: PCOS, thyroid problems, etc. Maybe he/she could help you come up with a nutrition plan that would work better? There are so many things to try before you give up...you'll find what works for you!
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have typed this message out 100 times then deleted it and I'm glad I did. Please don't give up. I know you're looking for motivation here, but it has to come from inside. You have to really want and be ready for the change. Just because you want to lose weight, doesn't mean you're ready to commit to it. Do some soul searching, figure out why you gained the weight to begin with then jump back on here. We'll all be waiting for you.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Patience and discipline.

Be methodical, be accurate, and be consistent.

If it isn't working for you then you either need to get to a place where you can apply these principles, or come back and try again once you can.

Best of luck.
  • DrGeriK
    DrGeriK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Please, please do not give up. Weight loss takes time. Do not compare yourself to others. In my weight loss journey, the inches came off first i.e. pants started feeling loser, tops and bras loser etc. then the weight started coming off. Keep logging in your food intake and exercise. YOU CAN DO THIS! You can you can!! :bigsmile:
  • katelynnmagdalena
    Options
    Have you had any non-scale victories yet? Sometimes I wont lose weight but my pants will fit better and that gives me enough motivation.

Either way, congrats on taking the first step and at least trying!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    We might be able to help you if you would open up your food diary.
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I did really well two years ago..didn't reach my goal weight but lost enough to motivate me ..then i lost my job and self worth and sank into two years of depression and just gave up and started eating and eating and lazing around play online games....2 weeks ago something snapped in my head after getting news about starting menopause and some other issues and now I'm back on track.

You can do this...it may not happen now or in two weeks but someday something will "click" and it you will get back on the "wagon" again

Hugs!!! This journey isn't easy for all but it is worth it :)
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If you really want to do it, why not try something different? I'm sure there are a lot of people here who can look at your diet/exercise and give you some good advice. And it won't happen overnight, so be patient (easy to say, I know).
  • Jonnelle06
    Options
    anything worth having is worth fighting for...Each day is a struggle for anyone trying to lose or gain. Tomorrow isn't promised so do your best for today.. Live to be healthier and the weight will come off slowly but surely. just keep trying ..
  • mzbatson
    mzbatson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Everything does not work for everybody! You have to keep trying until you find what works for you. Are you exercising more than the calories you are intaking in a day? If so, you have probably thrown your body into starvation mode. Your body will hold onto the pounds because you are not taking in enough. I did that at first. I have realized what I was doing. You have to make sure you intake and burned calories are staying consistent! I am no expert but I am willing to be supportive. Don't give up!!! Please keep trying. Being overweight is so unhealthy and risky! We need to try and do what we can to get the weight off. Consult your doctor or a nutritionist for more advice before giving up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    open up that diary, girl! there are so many health gurus here who will tell you if there's anything wrong with your diet.
  • KLaurean
    KLaurean Posts: 112
    Options
    it very well could be your sodium intake....and if you aren't completely cutting out bad foods and just making portions smaller that could be a huge reason.

You could try cutting bad foods out little by little...Everyone can do it you just have to work hard towards your goal.
    Maybe right now you aren't ready to lose weight, but eventually you'll get the motivation to really do what you need to do to start dropping the pounds
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So, if eating less of the same foods isn't working, how about changing things up. I PROMISE you if you give up fried foods and sweets, you will absolutely lose weight. I'm not saying it's easy, but it works.
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    No need to give up so easily. Losing weight isn't easy.

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. It takes time and you deserve to give this to yourself. I workes my *kitten* off for 4 weeks spinning and burning 700 calories at each workout and I was gaining weight!! Talk about frustrating.....and then last week.....BAM....down 8 pounds. I was retaining SO much water.

You can do this!!! If YOU want to.
  • superdonna
    superdonna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up on yourself. Be patient. Be kind to yourself.
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    How about opening up the diary. Maybe you are eating too little? Maybe you need more water? I started losing once I went to 1400 calories a day and I eat back my exercise calories. Don't give up!

A few hints -- If there is something you crave schedule it. For example. If I know that on Saturday I'm going to an ice cream shop with the kids and I'm going to allow myself to get a scoop of whatever I want then I don't have the urge to binge during the week. When I feel like "I can never eat that again" I just want it more.

Seriously -- more water and schedule your treats! This has to be a workable lifestyle!
  • norzip
    norzip Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    All my friends are too .. my scale not moving. I keep trying to do the challanges on here to give me something to think about other than the scale. I haven't even got on the scale since April 1st. Are you measuring your inches... my scale hasn't moved either but I am losing inches. I get frustrated all the time with this because the scale doesn't move. I just tell myself I have to keep going.. one day the damn thing will move.. LOL Good luck... I hope you still log in. And we can be friends where the scale doesn't more.. :smile: