would you tattoo....?

Options

Replies

• chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted a tat over my hip scar (total hip replacement). My orthopedic said that as long as it didn't touch the scar it was fine. But it's in a weird place. Someday, when I have the nerve, I will go where my son went and have an artist help me.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have my husbands name on my ankle...and I have no regrets :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    my husband of 12 years has my name on his forearm in script, and on my shoulder I have his name, He got his about 5 years ago and I got mine about 3 years ago........
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    my mother, my sis or my future kids... after that, i dont think so
  • april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    My husband has my name tattooed along his collar bones. It's pretty damn big. Almost everyone told him not to do it lol
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted a tat over my hip scar (total hip replacement). My orthopedic said that as long as it didn't touch the scar it was fine. But it's in a weird place. Someday, when I have the nerve, I will go where my son went and have an artist help me.

I have a tattoo running the entire length of my tummy tuck scar to hide it it came out beautifully the tattoo went fine over the scar. Hurt like a mother over the scar but it looks great. The thing you want to steer away from is stretch marks, the ink can bleed into them and make your tattoo look "blurry"
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    I have a tattoo of a star that I got after my mother in law passed away, but it's just a star. Even though my ex and I are not married anymore, no one asks questions about it because it looks like just any other tattoo.... I also have a one of a donkey wearing a sailor hat, so I'm no stranger to the random tats, but no way would I ever do a partner's name.
  • adams4101
    adams4101 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was one of those people who also said I would never tattoo my spouses name on me, but I did change my mind. My husband and I have been married for 11 years now, we have 4 kids. We have been through thick and thin and I know without a shadow of a doubt that he will always be there for me. If you have a relationship like that, then the tattoo is not a bad idea. I do not believe in girlfriend/boyfriend or short term relationships, but like the other posts said if something did happen those memories will always be there, and he will always be the father of my children. Eventhough marriage is not like it used to be, when I married I married for forever and that is what my tattoo signifies. I have his name on my forearm and he has my name on his back, it was our 10 year anniversary gift to each other.
  • superdonna
    superdonna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I hid a "G" in an abstract butterfly and surprised him with it on our wedding night.
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options

I have a tattoo running the entire length of my tummy tuck scar to hide it it came out beautifully the tattoo went fine over the scar. Hurt like a mother over the scar but it looks great. The thing you want to steer away from is stretch marks, the ink can bleed into them and make your tattoo look "blurry"
    I can't go over the scar, just in case in 10-25 years, I need another replacement, he will go in same spot and not ruin my tat. No stretch marks. Now Im kinda wondering how i can incorporate the scar iinto the tat. But a good artist will know Im sure.
  • megggsss
    megggsss Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would never get my husbands name tattoo'd on me, just like he would never get mine on him. We both feel that it is bad luck and would doom the relationship. When he was getting his koi tattoo I made him get it facing upward because downward is bad luck lol. Call me superstitious but that is just how it is. I am getting my daughters name and a phrase in my moms hand writing (she passed away 3 years ago) to go along with the 5 other tats I have. But never could anyone pay me enough money to get my husbands name tattoo'd on me.

My ex tattoo'd my initials on him. He thought it would make things between us better I guess... Anyway, he is an ex... He was a legit psycho though and stalked me even after we broke up.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    oh hell no!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have my husband's name tattoo'd on my ring finger and he has mine. We're high school sweet hearts and we will be celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary in July. I love it! We get a lot of comments from people stating there's no way they could do that incase "it didn't work out". I didn't look at our relationship in that way. We knew from day 1 we'd grow old together! It took a few trips to find an artist who would do it.
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few tattoos, and only one name - of my first dog who passed away.

I think symbols are cool - and like someone else said - a name is a name.....it does feel a bit like marking your territory on a SO.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hmmm no because I find it trashy... But that could come from living in baltimore & working at a strip club, I see lots of names, then cover ups then more names on the same girls lol Its like a requirement for white trash ghetto girls stripper/non strippers even in baltimore, you have to have a list of all your babies daddy's etc on you.. Haha but I would maybe get some sort of picture or something that related to my husband or future child (not a portrait) but something symbolic maybe who knows. I'm a big supporter of getting tattoo's only because I think they look good or I like the art, could careless if they mean anything to me. But my husband is the opposite so if he convinced me into it maybe!

EDIT: But my cats name & portrait.... ABSOLUTELY. No joke cats are for life, sometimes relationships end...lol
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I'm waiting until around my 10 year anniversary to get my wife's name.

If we're still together after 10 years, we'll probably be buried together, I imagine. She's a good woman. I'm not going to mess it up.

But, my kids are getting tatted on me as my first 2 tattoo's... Shaylee in a fancy cursive design I do and then Brayden's in baseball lettering.
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I designed our wedding invitations and used one of the damask type designs for a tattoo. It wraps all the way around my wrist and uses the same little design 6 times to make a wrist cuff. It's all in brown and very pretty.

I also have the symbol for a tropical storm In brown because my husband and I met during a tropical storm on the gulf coast of mississiippi.

No names though lol.
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    no partners names for me... no way...
    POSSIBLY partners name if they have passed away because nothing bad is ever going to happen between you two again

family names i think are ok.... I have "lil brother" and "grandad" tattooed on me, not their names but still.

if i was with someone and it was like our 20th or 30th anniversary then i would consider it but other then that i dont really like name tattoos

each to their own tho
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have a J on my wrist for my boyfriend, Jose. He has an S on his.
    ....if we ever break up (hope not!), I am pleased to say that my mom's name starts with a J as well as both of my kids :laugh: