2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• 2/7 with a 5k run in the wind. It was terrible on the lungs, but it made me run faster.

Thanks makeitallsue. I am hoping for the best but everyone at work keeps telling me how much weight I have lost.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Hey...look at me, made it back for an evening Hello!! HOme from the track meet... still cold and super windy... those poor kids would come around the second turn and the wind was just stopping them in their tracks... My son came home with 3 blue ribbons and 1 red. He is blessed to be very athletic...so proud of him!

Nie long walk Ivy!! Woo hoo
    and Thinktank... seriously, you were out there running in the wind too today???? Awesome!

Hey to everyone else... Verda, Hello friend... thought I might meet you here about this time. Hope you're doing well!

Talk with everyone tomorrow... I have a run planned... 5k for sure, but who knows... you all motivate me to push it... might try for 5 miles if I am in the groove! :)
  • 1/7 with 4. 25 mile walk

Debra great job getting in the fitness. It was cold and windy here too!
    Thinktank you are beautiful and will be extraordinarily so on your big day!!!
    Heather, you rock!! Running after having a baby is just amazing to me. You'll be at your desired marathon speed in no time.
    Verda, Hope you had another great day today!!

Good evening everyone!

thanks ivykivy
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Gosh girls it's almost 10 pm & I've been MOVING since 4:50 a.m.! Exhausted and heading to bed!!
    My 2/7 was JMBR,237 core reps, a 3 .2 mile jog, 1/4 mile walk and another set of pushups along with tricep dips with my feet elevated. Night NIGHT FIT FRIENDS!
  • makeitallsue
    You take care Verda!! Hope you got a good nights sleep!
    In honor of you runners and mile walkers... I did 5 miles today on treadmill. Ran 3 of them..struggled in third, but walked for just a bit and then made sure I finished out my mile... even ended with a 1/2 mile of sprints!

2/7 for me...yesterday I did Yogini and today the treadmill. Off to get a portein shake and then laundry and I have a small embroidery job to complete...

HOpe you're all doing well today!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    It's so much fun to check in and see all the hard work everyone is doing--you guys rock and certainly are keeping me motivated! Thanks for all of the kind words! I'm just so happy that I feel well enough to be running again--I really missed it during pregnancy. Thought those words "I missed running" would never come out of my mouth!! :wink:

Speaking of running......my 2/7 yesterday was 45 min on the treadmill, 36 min run @ 5.4 mph plus 9 min warm up / cool down walk. It felt GREAT to run over 3 miles again! I'm going to try to run 3 days per week, zumba once per week, and do the elliptical 1-2 days per week. I guess I should add in some strength at some point--maybe on the elliptical days. I just really want to work on my endurance and speed for running now. And I am super psyched that my hubby wants to run with me! He's a natural athlete--the kind who doesn't train for races and then wins his age division and can finish a 5K in 23 minutes or less--it drives me crazy!!! But we've ordered a super fancy double jogging stroller and he'll get to push that to slow him down while he runs with me. :smile:

Planning to go to zumba tonight, so I'll check back in afterwards for my official 3/7. Hope you ladies are having a great day and keep rocking it!!!
  • Hope everyone's day was better than mine. where do i start? Hummm!! Soon to be hubbie's bimmer needs a new engine, work is work. On the way home my mother called to tell me one of my favorite aunt's died today So with that being said 2/7 with a rough 22 mile ride to clear my mind. Still in disbelief as I type. She was only 56.
  • vhuber
    Hope everyone's day was better than mine. where do i start? Hummm!! Soon to be hubbie's bimmer needs a new engine, work is work. On the way home my mother called to tell me one of my favorite aunt's died today So with that being said 2/7 with a rough 22 mile ride to clear my mind. Still in disbelief as I type. She was only 56.
    I am soooo sorry thinktank!!! LIFE is sooooo SHORT!!! ((((HUGS))))
  • vhuber
    3/7 was my JMBR at 5 a.m. then this evening I did 3 miles on the elliptical!!!
  • makeitallsue
    SO sorry for your loss thinktank... cyber hugs sent your way...... that is very young
    :flowerforyou:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Oh, thinktank I'm so sorry for your loss! 56 is way too young to pass. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

My 3/7 yesterday was one hour of zumba. Planning a treadmill run later today when little Blake will give me a break. He's been super hungry lately, eating every 1.5 to 2 hours--I can't get anything done!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • makeitallsue
    3/7 with an eliptical workout after grocery shopping....
  • Thank you everyone.

I am 4/7 with a much needed run.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day.
  • vhuber
    My 4/7 was the cardio1 from the JMBR series and 21/4 miles on the TM along with pushups, dips and core work!
  • wanna_be_fit
    My 4/7 today was 30 minutes on the treadmill, 22 minute run at 5.4 mph plus 8 minute warm up and cool down walk. Planning a longer run tomorrow, so wanted to take it a bit easy today!

Debra, I meant to tell you that I like your new profile picture! I of course loved your little Buzz too, but this is a great picture of you.

Hope everyone had a great day!! :smile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    2/7 with 3.4 mile walk. Yesterday was my birthday. I'm getting older but healthier.
  • vhuber
    2/7 with 3.4 mile walk. Yesterday was my birthday. I'm getting older but healthier.
    Happy Birthday a day late IVY!! I am soooooo glad you were born and even MORE glad you are getting yourself HEALTHIER!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Ivy.. Happy Birthday to you.Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear IVY!!! Happy birthday to you!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Brought it today!
    Some kickboxing, ran a 10 min mile, some weights and a nice stretch at the end.. Love it! 4/7

also jumped on hte scale... not official, will weigh in last day of month... but 2#s gone this week... might of busted through.........
  • makeitallsue

Debra, I meant to tell you that I like your new profile picture! I of course loved your little Buzz too, but this is a great picture of you.

Hope everyone had a great day!! :smile:
    Awe... Thanks Heather.... me being silly, took some photos on Valentines's Day for my hubby... which is not an easy task by yourself! LOL
    You're a sweetheart!
  • wanna_be_fit

Happy Belated Birthday, Ivy!!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: Did you do anything special or fun to celebrate? Hope it was a great day!!

My 5/7 today was 45 minutes on the treadmill, 35 minute run @5.4 mph plus warm up and cool down walk. The first 25-30 minutes felt great, but the last 5-10 were tough today. I'm a bit sore from Zumba on Tuesday, so maybe that was part of the reason. Gotta keep up the running though, because hubby and I signed up for a 5K on 5/19. The 5K is a fundraiser for one of my partners in my Department who is a Pediatric Rehab physician (takes care of children w/ disabilities and special needs) so I figured I should support him and signed up to run, however I didn't realize that May 19th is just 3 weeks away! YIKES!!! Oh well, I won't be setting any records but I will try to run the entire thing unless the course is terribly hilly and then we'll see.

Happy Thursday everyone! Hope you're all having a great day!