2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Options

Replies

• iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope it's ok if I jump in..today I did 30DS L3D1 (27 min) and running for beginners (37 min)..took the weekend off but working hard this week... 1/7
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Verda, looks like you're psychic--it's a boy!!! Blake Alan Walker was born at 10:09 this morning, weighing in at 7 lb 3 oz and 19 inches long. My contractions started a little after midnight and went haywire around 6:30 this morning, and after getting all of our stuff around it was 7:30 before we made it to the hospital. Just enough time to get my epidural and after not much laboring down time I did 5 minutes of pushing and he was out! We're doing well and should be released tomorrow! I'll be off the workout bandwagon for a couple weeks, but hope to do some easy walking around the neighborhood in a few days.

Welcome back Terry, so happy you've finally been cleared! And to everyone else, keep up the great work! No sleep for me last night so I'm going to try to relax while little Blake is napping. :smile:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Soooo happy for ya Heather! No I'm not psychic (or however it is spelled) but you did not look very big and you were carrying a little low so I GUESSED a BOY at 7lbs 6oz.! A daughter AND a son, how perfect is that??? WTG and he has a VERY nice name too!! Get that rest cuz you are going to need it!!!

Glad to see ya back Terry and I am glad you are cleared for action!!!

Welcome to our NEWEST member! May you find this thread to motivate you to your goals!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    2/7 so far with 2 miles outside. It is very different outside than on the treadmill. Easier. Funny I walk faster outside than on the treadmill but I usually have the treadmill on incline.

Congrats Heather on the beautiful baby boy.

Welcome leslie!

Choco Welcome back. Glad you are recovered and feeling better.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS Heather, I'm so glad to learn that little Mr. Blake has made his entrance into the world and that both you and he are doing well. Get as much rest as possible because those sleeping nights are gone for a while. Is your daughter excited to be a big sister? I think enduring contractions and pushing (even if it was for 5 minutes) should be considered a workout (smile).
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm glad to be back although I must admit I'm nervous I won't be able to keep up with my workouts. It feels like the arthritis in my knees and back has gotten worse since I've not been exercising. Well I'm off to relax for a little bit, I'm going to attempt to get to this 5:45 am spin class in the morning.

Have great evening ladies.
  • vhuber
    Options
    I agree with choco Heather. It is called LABOR and there for it is WORK and I BET you broke a sweat too! You're good for a 2/7!:wink:

Terry I wish I had a spin class fairly close cuz they say it is soooo much better on the joints and back AND it makes you SWEAT buckets!!! Keep that towel handy sugar cuz you're gonna need it!!! I am envious!!!

2/7. I did get in a 3 mile run after work with my furries! I swear the wind does not cease for some reason!!!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Congrate Heather on the new baby boy.

I am 2/7 today. I did a 30 minute cycle class for 11 miles, ran/walked 3.2 miles, and biked for 17 miles. I did 3 hours today in the gym. Part in themorning and the biking in the evening. I also completed the full body circuit. I can do this because it is spring break.
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    2/7 today so far i did
    JM 30DS L3D2
    WALKED 2.7 miles; 6322 steps around neighborhood..
    Total steps so far today 7351

Congrats on your new addition
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    2/7 today so far i did
    JM 30DS L3D2
    WALKED 2.7 miles; 6322 steps around neighborhood..
    Total steps so far today 7351

Congrats on your new addition

See you're off to a great start this morning, it's amazing what that can do for the rest of your day.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

2/7. I did get in a 3 mile run after work with my furries! I swear the wind does not cease for some reason!!!

I see you're still just as diligent as every with your workouts especially those awesome runs. Job well done.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all and happy Tuesday. I was able to make it to the 5:45 AM spin class and the joke was almost on me because the class was packed and I was able to grab one of the last three bikes available. There's about 25 bikes in the class and I must admit I was not expecting to be that crowded so early in the morning. Apparently today was "testosterone tuesday" which meant that each of the men in the class had an opportunity to lead the class. They were very competitive and were really trying to out do one another which meant I had a great workout. I kept up as best I could but overall happy with my performance. I burned 500 calories in an hour.

Chocolickkyss: 2/7
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    3/7 today. I got an am and pm workout in. It included a mixture of running, walking, biking, elliptical, and circuits. Best enjoy the two a days because next week is back to work.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Way to work it ladies!!!!!

My 3/7 was 4 miles in less than 40 minutes on the elliptical. A good sweat!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    3/7 1 segment of 10 min solutions fat burn with burpees of all things. and 1 mile with leslie. I am getting better with the burpees. I got rained out of my walking at work. so just 25 min today.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS HEATHER!!!!!

Been a crazy house full here.... I apologize for being absent! I am hoping life slows down a bit!
    Finished last week 5/7... Woo hoo!!!

1/7 \Sunday with a trail run
    2/7 elliptical (Mon)
    3/7 Tues- post hole digging and yard work, plus some streches (yoga)

got a good week going so far... jumping in the flower beds today and aiming for an afternoon walk!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies, my day has gotten off to a great start. I was up at 5 am and pressing play on the DVD. Today I completed the Shoulder and Arms workout from the P90X program. If the day continues heading in the right direction I will take a hip hop class for fun tonight at the local gym.

Chocolickkyss: 3/7
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    I am 4/7. I did a 3 mile run and a 3 mile walk. It was a great day outside. I wanted to get another walk in before the day was over, but I decided to make my fiancee dinner instead. He's been stressed out so I am trying to make him feel better.
  • vhuber
    Options
    thinktank, that was nice of you to cook for him but I think he would have relieved more stress trying to keep up with you and your workout!:laugh:

Debra, you are such of a WORKHORSE!!! WOW!!!

My 4/7 was a 4 miler with my furries! Once AGAIN the wind was UNBELIEVABLE!!:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • kilime50
    kilime50 Posts: 37
    Options
    Can't believe it is Wednesday already, I am 4/7 for this week although I should probably not really count yesterday as a full day as I only got halfway through the exercises I was trying to do. Had a brutal migraine which knocked me for six.

Heather, congratulations on the arrival of your new son!