2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Options

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    3/7 with 35 minutes run/walk intervals on the treadmill. It felt GREAT to get my hear pumping! The "run" segments were definitely way slower than my old pace, but I know I'll work back to it.

On a side note, I have to just say that I am absolutely loving being on maternity leave! It's great to be able to do fun stuff with the kiddies, and do things (like workout) on my schedule. We went to my daughter's swimming lesson this morning and it was so much fun! Someone has to pay the mortgage, though, so I guess I'll have to go back to work in 11 weeks! :wink:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    2/7 yesterday with 1 mile with leslie and 20 min walking outside.
    3/7 today with 37 min of walking outside. More later.

Heather you are awesome!
    Verda hope the headache is better but you brought it in spite of
    Thinktank I believe shopping is exercise. My sister and I walking almost 3 miles while shopping according to the pedometer.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    2/7 with JM 30 DS> I didnt have much time for anything else. My mom and I were wedding shopping. Two months to go>>> Not very long to finish up the little things.
    Congrats! I read on your profile that 6/9 is the day. That is the day my niece gets married and my hubs &I are helping host! I plan to treat her & my sis (her mom) to a spa day right before that!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Heather, I know you are a doc and know whats best for your body. Good job and be careful !
    Yep Ivy the headache was gone before bed last night, thank God!!!

I tried to beat the wind predictions this afternoon but I lost. Rode bike 15 miles and I think the last 7 were standing up. I definitely earned my 3/7!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    2/7 with JM 30 DS> I didnt have much time for anything else. My mom and I were wedding shopping. Two months to go>>> Not very long to finish up the little things.
    Congrats! I read on your profile that 6/9 is the day. That is the day my niece gets married and my hubs &I are helping host! I plan to treat her & my sis (her mom) to a spa day right before that!!!

Thanks. Today 3/7 with 73 minutes of spinning/cycling covered 21.5 miles. More than made up for yesterday. Any thoughts on thigh exercises. I see improvement everywhere, but that inner thigh is saying he** no we wont go lol
  • vhuber
    Options
    thinktank, I posted a list of inner outer thigh exercises back on page 7 if you're still interested!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Thanks for all of the support ladies, and Verda I am definitely listening to my body and taking it slow. I'm a very motivated, competitive person so it's hard for me to accept that my body isn't ready to hop back on the treadmill and run 5 miles at a 6mph pace--but I'm forcing myself to just run 3-4 minute blocks at 5.2 mph with 2 minute walk blocks between. I feel SOOOO much better this time around compared to post partum w/ my daughter, and I definitely credit the better diet and exercise throughout pregnancy with that! Plus a relatively easy deliver with no damage down yonder doesn't hurt!!! :wink:

I'm planning to head out on a walk or hop on the treadmill a bit later today depending on the weather. Have a great day ladies!!! You guys just keep killing it!!! :happy:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Okay, I earned my 4/7 today with 35 minutes of run/walk intervals on the treadmill, 332 calories burned. I really was hoping to go for a walk rather than hit the treadmill two days in a row, but it was a bit too cool and breezy here to take the munchkins out. Of course cool and breezy is all relative I guess--I'm sure Verda will laugh at me saying 58 is too cool!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I have been MIA the last few days due to the fact that I was out of town on a work retreat. This retreat was in a very small town in GA with no food options other than fast food restaurants. I attempted to complete some form of exercise everyday but these knees and back would not cooperate. I'm feeling a bit down because my body is not allowing me to do what my mind believes it should be able to do. I'm trying to shake it off.

Monday:
    Chocolickkyss: P90X chest and back and a 30 minute walk with a co worker after work = 1/7

Tuesday:
    Chocolickkyss: 50 minute bike ride with co worker after work = 2/7

Wednesday:
    Rest
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Okay, I earned my 4/7 today with 35 minutes of run/walk intervals on the treadmill, 332 calories burned. I really was hoping to go for a walk rather than hit the treadmill two days in a row, but it was a bit too cool and breezy here to take the munchkins out. Of course cool and breezy is all relative I guess--I'm sure Verda will laugh at me saying 58 is too cool!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!!!

Are you sure you just had a baby b/c you're not missing an exercise beat. Purely AWESOME, reading your post leaves me with no excuse. I have to get it together and quick. Keep up the great work.
  • vhuber
    Options
    I agree choco, Heather has been amazing!!!! We'll call her "Mommy on a mission"!!! Good job to you Teri for doing SOMETHING when away from home! I sure hope your body can recover and start to be less painfull!

My 4/7 was 3 miles of running/fast walking and 4 miles on the bike. Both inside because once AGAIN the wind was 40+mph. Good Lord this is getting old!!! I just checked my exercise book and I have missed 10 days out of 102!!:noway: :noway: That is more than I missed in over 2 years!!!!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    This is for Wednesday. I am 4/7 with (DRUM ROLL PLEASE LOL). I ran my first 5 mile run without stopping. I ran with a group last night and just the extra thumbs up and smiles as we ran made me push myself to a new level. I was comfortable with 3 miles, but now I know I can do much more.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    4/7 today with walking outside and on treadmill 4 miles so far one more mile to go! I did kickbox arms and walking on break but I'm not counting it because I didn't do weights.
  • vhuber
    Options
    This is for Wednesday. I am 4/7 with (DRUM ROLL PLEASE LOL). I ran my first 5 mile run without stopping. I ran with a group last night and just the extra thumbs up and smiles as we ran made me push myself to a new level. I was comfortable with 3 miles, but now I know I can do much more.
    YAY!!! WTG!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    5/7 was 3 miles on TM and 6 miles on bike while watching DEAL or NO DEAL!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Awww, thanks guys! You're gonna make me blush! :blushing: It just feels sooooo good to have my little baby chilling in the Baby Bjorn rather than in my uterus and to be able to exercise pretty hard again. And Choco, I seriously have no excuse not to exercise especially compared to you. If I were dealing with the pain that you're having I would not be doing all that well.

So today I'm 5/7 with a 30 minute walk with the baby in the Bjorn and pushing my daughter in the jogging stroller. I have a busy day tomorrow with a work conference call, hair appt and dinner out, but will try to get in a quick workout sometime between all that and the diapers and the feedings! Getting on the scale each morning helps to keep the motivation going, and I'm about 20 pounds down now at 10 days post partum--of course about 12 to 15 or so of that is accounted for by the baby, fluids, etc. I'm about 12 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight and 22 pounds from my ultimate goal weight, so I know I've got to move it to get where I want to be!

Keep up the great work everyone--seeing all the fabulous workouts really makes me want to be sure to get my burn in each day!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    This is my Thursday entry, which makes me 5/7 with some elliptical 1 mile, bike 2 miles, and a body works class 30 minutes.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Hello all and Happy Friday!!! I'm 6/7 today with 35 minutes of run/walk treadmill intervals. Was happy to squeeze a quick workout in before I got on my conference call. It's so nice to be able to be on a call and multitask and do other things on my computer. :)

Keep up the great work ladies! :smile:
  • vhuber
    Options
    6/7 was a 2 mile walk with my "hairless" furries!! I took them to the pet groomer yesterday and they look SSOOOOO nice!:wink:
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    6/7 Only managed 2miles on a crappy hotel treadmill, that the man before me did not wipe off (yuck). I drove 3 hours with my nephew to go stay with my mom. She is away for work so we get to stay in a nice hotel for the weekend.