2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Relax and enjoy yourself Heather! You will do fine!!

My 6/7 was a 5 mile walk and my JMBR workout 7! She really is turning it up now!!! Plus it was our last day of school and we hold atrack day with a BIG pinic type lunch. OHHH good Lord was I ever busy!!! Yay I get to sleep past 5 a.m.!
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Hey everyone,
    I am 7/7 with alot of walking and running. A challenge from my running group is to run a half marathon by visiting different groups within our zone. You have to run 3.27 miles with 4 different groups during the month of June. Since I will only be in town for the next four days I am trying to get it done by Tuesday. I did PTC runners this morning. Monday I am planning to walk with a group in the AM and run with a different group in the evening. Then Tuesday I will get my last one in. Sounds like a lot but that is close to what I would normally get in.

7 more days and now I think I am getting a little nervous. But all is well.

Happy Saturday everyone
  • vhuber
    I have been sooooo dang busy these past 2 days that YES I am taking them as fitness!!
    Yesterday was ALL day long cleaning, laundry and shampooing a large area rug! Numerous trips up and down the stairs to earn my 7/7!
    Today after church and after 2 hours of submitting the first 4 months of food for school I earned my 1/7 by cleaning my vehicle inside and out, sweeping the garage, mulching/ planting tomatoes and flowers! I am whipped and after showering my 5 yr old GS then myself we are off to bed!! Tomorrow I have an appointment for a mani/pedi. Not only do I deserve one but we are a hostess couple for my neices wedding on Sat. and want to look half ways put together!!!
  • thinktank32k
    HAPPY MONDAY
    I am 2/7 with a little over a 5k this morning. We did speedwork and I ran a mile in 10:13. SHocked, surprised and excited. Off to drop my dress to get steamed, pick up jewelry and makeup. Then off to get bag for my dress. Almost time for the big day.

@verda that counts as a workout and then some
  • thinktank32k
    ok got in another 3.5 this evening. One more group run to go for my medal.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Sorry for the MIA.... I have been getting the fitness in! Elliptical last Friday, then our tournament which had me on my feet all three days for 14 hours per day, plus a re-stock on Sunday... Yesterday I pushed mowed for 3 hours, today laundry and more mowing, plus a game tonight.
    We came in 2nd place in our tournament...our boys played so well. I was super excited for them. We are just a little small home town set of boys and we play travel teams that have players hand picked from area schools... we did an amazing job! And our little concession stand made $1388 in 3 days... NIce! promise to catch up

Wonderful blessing to the new bride this week!!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Wow--you ladies have been busy! Aila--good luck with the wedding. You have been a running machine! Verda, that mani/pedi is definitely well deserved! And Debra, congrats on the 2nd place in the tourney for your team, and for making time to get the workouts in.

As for me...I'm still sitting at 0/7 for the week. We arrived in northeastern PA where hubby is from after 10 hours in the van with the munchkins. They were surprisingly well behaved, so let's hope that continues! Now we're on our way to Pittsburgh for the night to see a friend, and then on to Lexington, KY for a couple days. The weather has been chilly and rainy so far, but once we hit KY it is supposed to be good, so hoping to get some walks and runs in.

Hope you guys are all doing well, and keep up the fabulous work!!!
  • vhuber
    Aila, you are soooo dedicated and that IS a very important trait! It will come in use during your married life! YOU will be a beautiful bride. Can you post some pics on your profile, I would love to see them!!

Hello Ivy girl!!!!

Debra, you are an awesome wife, mother, helping hand, cheerleader, fitness guru and a great friend! We are ALLLLL so lucky!!

Heather, you relax girl cuz when you get home you will be back to running that little tail of yours!

Hi to all of our not so regular posters, hope all is going well!

My 2/7 was running 5.5 miles and JMBR workout 7 (she means to kick @ss!) and todays 3/7 was JMBR workout 8 (another kicker), 40 minutes on the TM and Jillians Fastfix Kickbox for 20 minutes!
  • vhuber
    wow no one for over 24 hours! Where ya all at?

My 4/7 was a 5 mile run, JMBR workout 7 (for the last time) and a 20 min JM FastFix KICKBOX!
  • vhuber
    *****H*A*P*P*Y*******B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y******* DEBRA !!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • wanna_be_fit
    I didn't know it was Debra's birthday--HAPPY BIRTHDAY lady!!!! Hope it is fabulous! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

I am FINALLY 1/7 for the week with a nice 3 mile run outdoors plus w/u and c/d walk. It felt mostly good, a little twinge in the hip that I tweaked a couple weeks ago, but overall not bad. My calves will probably be totally sore tomorrow because I've discovered that I REALLY need to work on my form. From what I've been reading I've been running all wrong--slow stride and landing on my heels, when what you apparently should do is quick strides (180 per minute) and land on the midfoot. Apparently this will help to prevent injuries and God knows I need help in that department! So for now I've decided to keep my distance at about 3 miles and work on my form. Maybe I'll train for a half in the next spring, but I want to make sure that I train with better form.

I can't believe that it is already Thursday and our trip is almost half over! We've been to northeastern PA (outside Scranton) to visit hubby's parents and brother, to Pittsburgh to visit one of our friends, and now we're in Lexington. KY visiting hubby's grandmother and aunt. On to Louisville tomorrow to visit my little sister and her husband and their 4 month old daughter for a few days (yay!!!), then to LaGrange KY to visit my BFF for a day, then a stopover in Boone, NC to split up the trip, and then on to home next Wednesday. Thankfully I have 2 weeks to recover once we get home before I go back to work!!!!

I know I'll get some activity in when we go to Louisville since my sister is also still working on getting back to pre-baby shape (although she has already lost ALL her baby weight--Bi-atch! :laugh: ) and she's a member on this site as well (Better_Balance_2011) so I know we'll be moving and shaking.

Hope you guys are all doing great!!!!
  • vhuber
    I hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday Debra!!!!

My 5/7 was another 5 mile run (well I walked a little in there:wink: ) and my last JMBR workout #8!!
  • makeitallsue
    Thanks so much for the birthday wishes ladies!! I am so sorry I didn't have time to get on yesterday! I had the best day with surprises that started right before midnight and continued all day long! I am so blessed!

A friend picked me up at 10 AM yesterday.. and took me to a day of pampering at a local college of cosmetology school... OMG!! I was on that table for facial, back facial/massage for over 2 hours... it was absolute HEAVEN!! I have never ever done anything like that before... it was amazing! Then I was treated to lunch, then we had baseball games..and it was a beautiful day... the only thing that could of made it better was if you special ladies could of been with me!!

Heather ... interesting on the form part... you know, I think I run like you too?? I will try to pay more attention....
    I need to get after it today... I have been catching up with yard work this week and house work... poo! I need to get a good old fashioned sweat going!! I am enjoying some coffee this morning still... first time I have sat still in a week... :laugh: , not complaining...it has been a great week... I am grateful for being so busy... means I am enjoying this life!!
    Hugs to you ladies, have a great weekend!
  • vhuber
    Debra,I am soooo glad you were treated on your birthday the way you should be treated! SPECIAL!!! Just know that you are LOVED!

My 6/7 was a BEAUTIFUL 1 hour jog/walk interval at 5:30 a.m.! The sun was just up with some fog but it glistened on the crops and the grass!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!! Ohhh the simple pleasures huh?
    I am off to another town to help my niece decorate for her wedding tomorrow evening! We are a hostess and I chose to wear a black mid length halter dress! I will try to post a pic (try!!) of us afterwards!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Oh, Debra that sounds WONDERFUL and you TOTALLY deserved it!!!!! I think it is important to pamper yourself a little bit on a routine basis, that's why I treat myself to a pedi every month during flip-flop weather--which in NC is basically March through November. :smile: And I definitely recommend looking at your running form. I told my husband what I'd read about running form, and he was like "of course that's how you're supposed to run!" Would have been nice for him to mention that to me!

And Verda, your run sounds wonderful. It is just so much more enjoyable when the weather and scenery are beautiful! Good for you for getting it done early!

We're on our way to Louisville to see my sister and her family--can't wait!! Will definitely try to get at least a walk in today. -Not sure if I'll be able to get in a run for a couple days--my calves are SORE from working on my running form, but hopefully I'll get used to it.

Happy Friday all! I'll check back later if I get some activity in! :smile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    1/7 today with 2.5 miles getting back at it.

Happy Belated Birthday Debra. I am glad you treated yourself.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
  • vhuber
    Good to see ya gettin after it again IVY girl!!!

I just walked a fast 4 miler for my 7/7!!
  • vhuber
    I was wore out from a late night of visiting, laughing, and dancing so I am 0/7!
    See ya all tomorrow!!
  • makeitallsue
    cRAZY WEEKEND! Goodness, stupid caps lock! haha
    sorry missing for a few ladies....
    friday I got an hour of swimming laps in.. then a call for my son to play on the HS baseball team! a hurried get around and off to spank Caston's tush... with a 14-6 win...woo hoo!
    Saturday , took a day to sit around by the pool with hubby... only exercise was pitching to my son in the evening... with the pithcing machine... not much labor involved...:wink:
    Sadly on SUnday we learned of my husband's aunt passing, viewing is tonight :cry: :cry: ,
    My son had his girlfriend over on Sunday and we played a little volleyball in the pool and I swam a bit... but I also had a huge hamburger and a slice of turtle pie... oh my! It is overcast this morning, I am heading out for a walk/run... will report back later!
    Have a great week everyone!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • makeitallsue
    Yipee!!!! 6 miles for me, ran approx 4 miles and speed walked 2, I was averaging 10 minute miles, but did take walk breaks..
    Feels good to really bring it! Torched some good calories today... hopefully to combat the turtle pie I had last night :bigsmile:

2/7 for me with my swimming and pool vollyball yesterday!