Poptarts?

Options
Femmekid
Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
I see people eating Poptarts a lot on here... is there something I don't know about these magical, delicious creations that everyone else knows?

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Good tasting, high carbs, low fat. Great way to get your carbs up with a minimal amount of fat.

A lot of bodybuilders eat them as a post/pre workout carb source.
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Ah, very interesting.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Good tasting, high carbs, low fat. Great way to get your carbs up with a minimal amount of fat.

Mmmmmm POPTARTS!!

200px-Pop-Tarts-Box-Small.jpg
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    blech ate them all the time ... pre healthier lifestyle.. so empty high calorie not worth it to me.
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options

LOL

5 star post in a 10/10 thread.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If I ate a Poptart for breakfast, no doubt I would be eating fast food by lunch and munching on peanut butter cups that evening. But, I'm not a body builder. :wink:
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love them. I eat the whole grain frosted strawberry flavored ! One poptart and a glass of water is so satisfying. I dont know why? Its not like they are high protein.... :)
  • Lukazetta
    Options
    I see people eating Poptarts a lot on here... is there something I don't know about these magical, delicious creations that everyone else knows?

Don't know why you would eat pop tarts unless you actually like them...

They have 0 nutritional value, full of sugar, and minimal amount of fat/protein.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Eat them. They make you skinny. Add some fried chicken & ovaltine... Delish!!
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    They increase your metabolic rate and have a lot of complex carbohydrates and protein. They are also a delicious source of high fiber.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I eat them from time to time. As long as you can make them fit into your calorie goal, I don't see a problem in eating them in moderation. They're quick and yummy. I wouldn't suggest eating them everyday, however. Loads of sugar.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I eat them cause I love the taste when they come out of the toaster. I know they are bad for me due to sugar and carbs and not much nutrition to speak of. They are just tasty and satisfying.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    tasty treat now and then. Plus, when I was at work, they were the best bang for the buck in the snack machine. 2 for 75 cents, would last me 2 days. LOL
  • JessieArt
    Options
    200 Calories
    5 g of Fat
    140 mg of Sodium
    17 g of Sugar

I can't believe people are saying they are good for you. :frown:
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    These were in the snack machine at college. I had a very long night class and would often buy them during the two breaks(having usually missed diner). This was about the same time I went from 105 to 130. coincidence????
  • Lukazetta
    Options
    Just want to wish everyone on this thread good luck on your high fructose corn syrup, sugar, and dextrose goals of 2012. :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    200 Calories
    5 g of Fat
    140 mg of Sodium
    17 g of Sugar

Who is saying that? They are yummy, and a quick and fast carb source with low fat.

I don't eat them though. Because if I open the package I have to eat both of them xD
  • JessieArt
    Options
    200 Calories
    5 g of Fat
    140 mg of Sodium
    17 g of Sugar

Who is saying that? They are yummy, and a quick and fast carb source with low fat.

I don't eat them though. Because if I open the package I have to eat both of them xD

Ok, maybe you're not saying they are good for you but you're promoting them. Right?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Just want to wish everyone on this thread good luck on your high fructose corn syrup, sugar, and dextrose goals of 2012. :)

Thanks!

And I will continue to eat them, continue to cut on my deficit or bulk on my surplus in the fall, and ......and....

I will continue to be extremely healthy eating them too.

Have a good 2012. ;-)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    200 Calories
    5 g of Fat
    140 mg of Sodium
    17 g of Sugar

Ok, maybe you're not saying they are good for you but you're promoting them. Right?

Promoting them? I think they taste good, and can fit them into my macros. I don't really see the problem to be honest.
    I see people raving about skinny cow ice cream on here and no one says anything lol