Poptarts?

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I <3 pop tarts. I just can't have a whole box in the house at the same time, very dangerous.

I don't think there's a problem with eating stuff like this from time to time as long as sugar is not your entire diet.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Let’s look at what’s inside regular strawberry Pop-Tarts. The ingredients list includes (in order by weight):

White flour; ***NOT a complex carb***

Corn syrup (i.e. sugar);

High-fructose corn syrup (ditto);

Oil; (and if you haven’t had enough sugar…)

Sugar

Any questions? See : http://generationgreen.org/2011/02/fruitwashing-kelloggs-phony-fruity-label-claims/

So what point are you trying to make?

Poptarts will make me unhealthy? Make me fat? Which point?
  • cwilli36
    cwilli36 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love them but they are not something I would suggest eating often if you are looking for a lifestyle diet change. Way too much added sugar, go for something with natural sugar instead. Or try eating more protein if you are hungry.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Poptarts piss me off! My kids like them so occasionally I will buy some. I eat them and 5 minutes later I am looking for real food, AND THEN I log the poptart and get super annoyed. I aid how many calories and I still need to eat?
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Let’s look at what’s inside regular strawberry Pop-Tarts. The ingredients list includes (in order by weight):

White flour; ***NOT a complex carb***

Corn syrup (i.e. sugar);

High-fructose corn syrup (ditto);

Oil; (and if you haven’t had enough sugar…)

Sugar

Any questions? See : http://generationgreen.org/2011/02/fruitwashing-kelloggs-phony-fruity-label-claims/

So what point are you trying to make?

Poptarts will make me unhealthy? Make me fat? Which point?

The OP wanted to know "is there something I don't know about these magical, delicious creations that everyone else knows"?
    There is nothing magical about them, I provided what they are sugar. Nothing more nothing less. If you want to eat them fine, like anything else moderation is the key. Considering they contain almost half of my daily allowance of sugar I would not choose them as I usually go over since I eat a lot of fruit.
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    "Poptarts, a vial of crack in very pack!"

Like an earlier post, I can't eat just one of them so I don't get them. They are yummy but hardly ever worth the calories so I rarely eat them. But they are tasty little buggers.
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    A year ago, I ate 2 PopTarts (choc fudge) every morning for breakfast. Then I switched to healthier foods...
    6 months later I tried eating PopTarts again and couldn't finish it. Just too daggone sweet for me any more. *sniffle.

I miss my PoppyTarts :'( but not the sugar crash midmorning!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until the government starts distributing calorie pills. No food choices to make, no worrying about HFCS or soybean oil or aspartame...UTOPIA!!!!!!!!!!
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I think I read these threads to punish myself or something. I don't know why I do it. I just see the word poptart and have to click.

I love those evil little things. I haven't had one in years. I won't go into why, you don't want to know :) but I would like to know who can actually only eat a half of one? If you can do that you earn the title of self control master of the universe lol.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Growing up we never got PopTarts. We always got Toast'Ems. Always envied the neighbors who had real PopTarts :(
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Good tasting, high carbs, low fat. Great way to get your carbs up with a minimal amount of fat.

A lot of bodybuilders eat them as a post/pre workout carb source.

Interesting...

They are basically worthless calorie wise, high calorie and your hungry in an hour.

Haha. Good joke. We get it. *checks your diary* ;-)

lol They are deliciously evil...
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I haven't had them since highschool (12-14 years ago), empty calories.
    I'd rather have a piece of toast with jam or something.

Same goes for toaster strudel, ugh.

I do like pizza pops though... had them this year pre-MFP for the first time since highschool. Good thing I usually shop with my mom and even though I pay for my own food she doesn't let me buy them. LOL
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    everyone has their treats right? xD
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Growing up we never got PopTarts. We always got Toast'Ems. Always envied the neighbors who had real PopTarts :(

Lol! My Husband actually prefers the Toast 'Em Fudge flavor over the Poptart brand. :)

He eats a 3200 cal day. Poptarts are the least of His worries. :D
  • bigredhearts
    Options

someone get this man a real poptart stat!!! seriously, i dont care if they r good or bad, they are delish and if feel like munchin on some, and its within my cals... i will. but im a strickly raspberry or blueberry gal myself...
  • lisawraywagnerstein
    Options
    The special k crisped taste just like poptarts to me and only have 100 calories. The downside is not a ton of flavors
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Poptarts just make me feel hungrier... which in turn makes me angry. SOOOO I try not to eat them. :-)
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    <Homer Simpson voice> Mmmmmm... poptarts...

Hahahaha. I was coming on to say...Mmmmmmm....pop tarts with mae syrop...a-la Homer Simpson.
  • robynatk
    robynatk Posts: 38
    Options
    That reminds me....I have a box of poptarts on the shelf I forgot about...good betime snack :)
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    Snack machines have to get em right though... All they every have is strawberry or cinnamon..

Those two are the WORST two flavors of poptarts!!!

Anybody actually toast their poptarts anymore?
    I haven't in a decade or so.