Ladies: Three Day Rule?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Those rules are dumb, but you don't want to see needy...
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Call whenever you want. Those rules are stupid.

That's what I think but I actually know people, men and women, who swear by it.
    don't you think it's best to be yourself and let HER be the judge. if she likes it, cool..if she doesn't, "next."
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Those rules are dumb, but you don't want to see needy...

He might not want to seem needy either.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    In dating, does the three day rule apply or is it ok to call or text her sooner? Never gave it much thought but now I'm curious what you think.

someone was watching HIMYM lastnight, lol. And, that rule came from the movie Swingers...... stupid. Wait that long and I'll have moved on. (back when I was single, that is, lol). My husband didn't wait and he got the girl. :wink:
  • Pokermom10
    Pokermom10 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you're texting her or calling her to tell her that you had a good time, and would like to do it again, anywhere from the minute you walk away to the next day is fine.

If you're texting her or calling her to tell her that she is the love of your life and you want to marry her and have babies and grow old together (after the first date!), that's kinda creepy.

Girls like me don't want you to play games. If there's a spark, why wait 3 days to confirm it? If she texts back or feels the same way about wanting to go out again, she'll let you know. IMO, the 3 day rule should be abolished.

^^^ this
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Usually, after three days, the flow is light enough not to bother me much. I don't always wait though. We just lay a towel out.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The best option: After the date, by about an hour, send the girl a text saying you had fun and would like to do it again. It's non-confrontational, it won't send her packing, and if anything it will reinforce that you like her. Hopefully she'll head to bed thinking about what to do with you next :wink:

^ This...definitely this.

If the date went well and then I didn't hear from the guy for 3 days I would assume he wasn't at all into me.

Throw away the "rules". People who follow that way of thinking are more into mind games/control than following their own intuition or feelings.
  • rachelsewardxo
    Options
    Definitely call or text her ! If you like her there's no reason to wait
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm a romantic, I guess. My opinion, go with it. If you're feeling it, reach out and touch.

I don't want you pulling out the rule book or the instruction manual when we're together.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Wow, really interesting getting a female perspective on this as I've often wondered myself. I think there's definitely legs in the 'keep them mean...' saying but judging from the female's perspective it isn't overly appreciated (some number deletions after two days, ladies really!?)

To play devils advocate, if a guy does wait three days then calls doesn't it make it all the more worth it when the call actually comes through? That's the whole idea isn't it?

As for me, I usually go with gut instinct, if I've had a nice date with a lady I will usually send an appreciative text to say thank you that night and not necessarily leading anywhere, just guage the response from the lady and go from there. The 'let me know you're home safe' is a good one also, as it sets up an opening for a dialogue and timeframe without implying anything too much.

I think the advice to go with gut instinct is pretty good, if you had a real connection you'll know if it feels right to text sooner - just don't be over eager or call/text too much.

Honestly? No. We live in a world of instant gratification. No one wants to be dangled about with no contact for 3 days.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    To play devils advocate, if a guy does wait three days then calls doesn't it make it all the more worth it when the call actually comes through? That's the whole idea isn't it?

Um, no. If the date went really well and all signs pointed to the guy being interested, I'm expecting a call the next day. If he waits three days, I'll be pissed because I'll feel like he's messing with my head. I want nothing to do with a guy who would act like he's really into me and then ignore me, on purpose, for three days.

This is why women lose patience with men so quickly. You're not waiting three days because you're super busy and want to make sure you have plenty of uninterrupted time to talk. You're waiting three days because you're TRYING to manipulate her. You're trying to control her thoughts and feelings. If you want to be in a grown-up relationship, you have to grow up first.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

That would totally work.

If the woman in question had a mental age of 14 that is...

I guess it depends on what you are actually looking for in the interaction. Perhaps if you were looking for a quick fling you could manufacture the false image that you are just so cool and in demand that you couldn't possibly spare the time to call before 3 days or whatever.

If you are looking for any kind of long term relationship however then game playing is pointless. The truth will out. Always.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

That would totally work.

If the woman in question had a mental age of 14 that is...

I guess it depends on what you are actually looking for in the interaction. Perhaps if you were looking for a quick fling you could manufacture the false image that you are just so cool and in demand that you couldn't possibly spare the time to call before 3 days or whatever.

If you are looking for any kind of long term relationship however then game playing is pointless. The truth will out. Always.

Yep.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Call or text whenever you want. The three day rule is obsolete nowadays anyway. Just don't be the creepy guy who is possesive and pushy and stalker-ish an hour after the first date lol! :noway:
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Um, no. If the date went really well and all signs pointed to the guy being interested, I'm expecting a call the next day. If he waits three days, I'll be pissed because I'll feel like he's messing with my head. I want nothing to do with a guy who would act like he's really into me and then ignore me, on purpose, for three days.

This is why women lose patience with men so quickly. You're not waiting three days because you're super busy and want to make sure you have plenty of uninterrupted time to talk. You're waiting three days because you're TRYING to manipulate her. You're trying to control her thoughts and feelings. If you want to be in a grown-up relationship, you have to grow up first.

QFT
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Three days?? Geez..I've never heard of this rule. I would hate to wait that long to hear back from the guy. By then I'm already moving on to others. haha