What do your meatless meals look like? (Photo thread!)

Options

Replies

• kate_n_pjs
    kate_n_pjs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Brinner #1: Mushrooms, 1/2 avocado, 3 fried eggs, 9 grain toast
    Brinner2.jpg

Brinner #2: Left over veggie enchilada filling w/ fried egg, cherry tomatoes, 1/4 chopped avocado, and 9 grain toast with avocado (and siracha)
    Brinner1.jpg

Field Roast Vegan Chorizo Sausage and mushroom taco w/ 1/4 avocado and spicy roasted vegetables
    Mushroomchorizotaco-1.jpg

Asian Tempeh Salad
    AsianTempehSalad.jpg

Gardein Beefless Burger (thats right its a veggie burger) Lettuce wraps
    IMAG0537.jpg
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    photo-6.jpg

pasta, peas, mint, green pitted olives, creme fresh and feta x
  • NittanyLion95
    Options
    bump
  • nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options
    10896medium.jpg
    Quinoa stuffed peppers! The recipe along with a few others can be found on my blog! http://healthychoices-for-life.blogspot.com/ I have been a vegetarian for over 8 years and love to cook!
  • nay1228
    nay1228 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would like for you all to cook for me. :flowerforyou:
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I would like for you all to cook for me. :flowerforyou:

I want to cook for everyone! Making cheezy vegan red enchiladas with guac and salsa next week. Will post pics!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    IMG586.jpg

This is a super easy and quick meal.

Two slices of 5 cheese garlic toast and a side of roasted red pepper and garlic sauce, and sugar snap pea stir fry with Italian seasoning, sparkling key lime water.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    IMG570.jpg

Morningstar beef crumbles, shredded pepper jack cheese, salsa, lettuce, light sour cream on corn tortillas with vegetarian refried beans.
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread. I am vegetarian (and I don't eat dairy either). I'm looking forward to trying most of these recipes. There are some ingredients that I have never heard of (e.g. "sriracha" - what is this?) but I reckon I can try some of them.

I would love to posts some of my own meals/recipes later as well.
  • tamraj
    tamraj Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I want to dive into all of this deliciousness but must save for now.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Just a couple :-)

7126654379_d0ea221bdb.jpg

6980575100_1a94e387d4.jpg

6980581918_69a70515ed.jpg

7126665351_1c1b2ff747.jpg

7126668387_087cb625da.jpg

7126676103_09d1a2282f.jpg

6980591972_9f08035be8.jpg

6980593308_527bd2205f.jpg

7126679771_eb3d67d276.jpg

6980595102_3285d56247.jpg

7126682949_8177d77b83.jpg

:-)
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread. I am vegetarian (and I don't eat dairy either). I'm looking forward to trying most of these recipes. There are some ingredients that I have never heard of (e.g. "sriracha" - what is this?) but I reckon I can try some of them.

I would love to posts some of my own meals/recipes later as well.

Sriracha is a spicy Asian condiment - it can actually be found very easily in regular grocery stores. It's sometimes called "rooster sauce", from the picture of a rooster on the front, and comes in a clear plastic bottle with a green top. It is absolutely delicious and packs a huge flavor punch!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    All are dairy free, soy free, gluten free, and egg free (and meat free of course)

omgosh these all look fab, love that they are soy free too! where can i get some recipes? :D
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    meatless?? hahaha oh no..I dont do meatless.
    well, not at dinner or lunch anyway.
    I have to have my meat

that's nice....
  • kaprior1203
    Options
    Bump!!:tongue:
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Not that anyone wants to see a salad here, but I like interesting salads, so here are two:

Strawberry and goat's cheese salad with toasted almonds and a balsamic/olive oil dressing.

6983302474_f5f80d4d76.jpg
    DSCF1674 by AlmostFreeToBe, on Flickr

Carrot Cake Salad from Abel and Cole ( http://www.abelandcole.co.uk/recipes/rachels-carrot-cake-salad )

6983300792_f5d319fc3d.jpg
    rachels-carrot-cake-salad by AlmostFreeToBe, on Flickr

Also, vegan enchiladas I made or dinner tonight with a peanut butter/2 peppers/nutritional yeast cheeze sauce filling. smashed avocado and homemade pico de gallo on the side, plus some leaves (because, as my husband says, I like to eat the foliage.)

6983304156_070a1065ef.jpg
    DSCF1676 by AlmostFreeToBe, on Flickr
  • kate_n_pjs
    kate_n_pjs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Giant Mixed greens salad with alfalfa sprouts and cherry tomatoes with a smashed avocado with lime, salt and pepper.

bigsproutavocadosalad.jpg

Hungry girl snack plate dinner...hummus, celery, red pepper, carrots, cucumber, broccolli, cherry tomatoes, green olives, bread and butter pickles...

rabbitfood.jpg

I apologize for my stupid pictures sizes(maybe) I have edited and tried to fix but they don't show the changes.... I hate photobucket, it is terrible.
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Here are 3 I have...sorry no photos..but all are yum! Enjoy!

Black Bean Enchilada Casserole

Serves 6
    1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, divided
    1 cup cooked brown basmati rice or long-grain rice
    1 cup fat-free sour cream
    1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1/3 cup chopped green onions
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 (19-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
    Cooking spray
    12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine 1/2 cup cheese, rice, and the next 7 ingredients (rice through jalapeño) in a large bowl. Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Heat remaining enchilada sauce in a skillet for 2 minutes or until warm, and remove from heat. Dredge both sides of 6 tortillas in warm enchilada sauce, and arrange tortillas, overlapping, over sauce in baking dish. Top with 1 3/4 cups bean mixture. Dredge both sides of remaining tortillas in warm enchilada sauce, and arrange tortillas, overlapping, over bean mixture. Top with the remaining bean mixture, remaining enchilada sauce, and 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly.

Nutritional info
    Calories:323 (20% from fat)
    Fat:7.2g (sat 2.4g,mono 2.6g,poly 1.7g)
    Protein:16.1g
    Carbohydrate:49.5g
    Fiber:5.5g
    Cholesterol:12mg
    Iron:2.5mg
    Sodium:683mg
    Calcium:269mg

I made this last night! It was so very delicious. I had it again for breakfast. It was even better the second time around.
  • loadedwords
    loadedwords Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    6986375616_3df8ac9dbe.jpg

Not the most photogenic meal but tasty. Baked seitan and spaghetti with mushrooms and spinach.
    Seitan recipe here: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=33785.0
    Spaghetti recipe here: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/spaghetti-with-spinach-and-mushrooms/

All together it was 460 cal, 6g fat, 62g carb, and 41g protein.
  • loadedwords
    loadedwords Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Strawberry and goat's cheese salad with toasted almonds and a balsamic/olive oil dressing.

That looks amazing. I definitely need to recreate this!